Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

United Hobbit

And the fun part is these overpaid lazy fecks wouldn't even get fired up after seeing their arch rivals fighting for top honors.
Nope they don't care as long as their obscene wages keep hitting their bank account, they fecking infuriate me.

I'd love to make them watch Liverpool lifting the 4 trophies they will more than likely win on repeat, unfortunate they still wouldn't care so it wouldn't affect them

We as fans care. Those overpaid whiners give not a toss.

Players who actually cared like Roy Keane and as someone said up thread, Gary Neville, must be dying inside having to watch the worst possible season unfold all while our overpaid pansies stroll round the pitch at walking pace

Can't wait for us to go to Anfield and they need either win or draw to win the title and we slump to another drubbing. Should be a sackable offence.

Hammondo

To you and the others like @MUFC OK
I am glad we actually didn‘t play or dominate like this.
When we made glorious comebacks we at least made sure we won the tie. Even Ole managed it against PSG.
And Real aren‘t even that good anymore, a lot of past it players. And when the dramatic posts started Chelsea were only drawing the tie or maybe leading by 1 goal.

Look, Chelsea have mostly been good in Europe, they have reached so many semis in the last two decades. And Tuchel is a good coach. But as I said, RM are not as good as they used to be and losing 1-3 at Stamford Bridge isn‘t great either.

As for our dominant matches, as mentioned Milan 2010 for example (Milan won the CL only 3 years ago whereas RM last won it almost 4 years ago).
We also beat Chelsea in the CL in 2011 rather easily. Their manager was today‘s winning manager.
It's a good point that RM are not that good anymore.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
What a fecking ball…

Don’t think any other player in world football could do that. And Modric plays these outside of the foot passes regularly.

Just an insane footballer.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Remember when Benitez told Modric to no longer pass the ball with the outside of his foot?

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
If tomorrow the horrible tactics of simeone work out then it's Liverpool vs Real Madrid in the final. Praying Guardiola has a good plan.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Is there any video which shows that Alonso's goal was a clear and obvious handball? How was it turned over without the ref taking a second look at it?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Remember when Benitez told Modric to no longer pass the ball with the outside of his foot?
Poor Benitez. Spanish media always speak about that every time Modric assists with the outside of his foot :lol:

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
What a terrible game by us.
Vinicious was shit for the most part of the game. Reece James did well against Vini.
Defense and midfield was all over the place. We badly missed Militao today. Terrible game by Carvajal and Mendy as wingbacks. Especially Mendy. We might have the worst wingbacks of the big teams in Europe.

Kroos was shit.

Camavinga and Rodrygo subs saved us again. Same thing happened against PSG.

We badly need 6-7 new players in the summer. Not all for starting 11, but we need to strengthen our bench as well. Tonight we did not even have a CB on the bench to replace Nacho.

Incredible to go through with a back four of Lucas - Carvajal - Alaba and Marcelo. Amazing. We did not exist in the air. Chelsea won every aerial ball.

Bale, Hazard, Jovic and Marcelo are some of the highest paid players in the team. Their contribution is close to zero. Luckily most of them will be history in the summer. Marcelo will be dearly missed. What player he has been for RM.

I give us 25% chance against City.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Vinicious was shit for the most part of the game. Reece James did well against Vini.
Defense and midfield was all over the place. We badly missed Militao today. Terrible game by Carvajal and Mendy as wingbacks. Especially Mendy. We might have the worst wingbacks of the big teams in Europe.

Kroos was shit.

Camavinga and Rodrygo subs saved us against. Same thing happened against PSG.

We badly need 6-7 new players in the summer. Not all for starting all, but we need to strengthen our bench as well. Tonight we did not even have a CB on the bench to replace Nacho.

Incredible to go through with a back four of Lucas - Carvajal - Alaba and Marcelo. Amazing. We did not exist in the air. Chelsea won every ariel ball.

Bale, Hazard, Jovic and Marcelo are some of the highest paid players in the team. Their contribution is close to zero. Luckily most of them will be history in the summer. Marcelo will be dearly missed. What player he has been for RM.

Nah you're in X games mode and pep can't win without Messi.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara

Kroos was shit.

Camavinga and Rodrygo subs saved us again. Same thing happened against PSG.

We badly need 6-7 new players in the summer. Not all for starting 11, but we need to strengthen our bench as well. Tonight we did not even have a CB on the bench to replace Nacho.

Incredible to go through with a back four of Lucas - Carvajal - Alaba and Marcelo. Amazing. We did not exist in the air. Chelsea won every aerial ball.

Yeah right “25%”. I don’t understand why so many Madrid fans always like to draw themselves as victims when they are historically the biggest team in Europe.

Admit it, this is your way to Jinx City.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah right “25%”. I don’t understand why so many Madrid fans always like to draw themselves as victims when they are historically the biggest team in Europe.

Admit it, this is your way to Jinx City.
I see the mistake in my post. I wanted to write 2.5% chance. Let's see what happens.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks. Fair play, you deserved to go through honestly
It's hard to feel like we deserved to go through when we made the mistakes we made. One could argue we deserves to get eliminated because no team can expect to go through while making the mistakes we made across the two legs. It was a great tie though. One we'll look back on in a couple of years and recognise as one of the great CL classics. We went down swinging and that's really all you can ask for when you're 3-1 down from the first leg.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So with Bayern out we have to root for City in the CL too. feck this season

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's Liverpool vs Villareal in the semis isn't it? What an easy run in for them.

Chicharo

Can PSG loan Messi to Villareal for this? I mean they already have three Argentinian players, they all know each other very well...
All hopes in Madrid

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Both Real Madrid and Villareal have been dominated from what I saw and read, but they showed fighting and team spirit.
Something we completely miss these days.

Classical Mechanic

I wouldn't put it past Simeone to shithouse City tomorrow
It's possible of course. 1 goal is a slender lead. A rational gambler would bet on City though.

Both Real Madrid and Villareal have been dominated from what I saw and read, but they showed fighting and team spirit.
Something we completely miss these days.
True for Real Madrid who relied primarily on the brilliance of one player. Villareal played a negative but much more effective team game against Bayern.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is there any video which shows that Alonso's goal was a clear and obvious handball? How was it turned over without the ref taking a second look at it?
The clip they showed on TV last night was clear. It was 100% the correct decision under the current rules. The ball bounced up, hit his hand which made it drop right into a perfect shooting position

No need to waste more time getting the ref to look at it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know I'll have to wash my mouth out with soap but I feel a little sorry for chelsea... it's the sort of thing United would do. Epic comeback, then bollox it up. I'm more annoyed with Bayern - from the get go the competition has been opened up for City or Liverpool to win it (I've said City all season)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

"Break this defensiv lock - I don't even know what system they played"

Withnail

All of them? I was watching on telly and the ball clearly touched his hand.

Whether it's a stupid rule, that it's only handball if you score and not if you do anything else, is a different matter.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
"Break this defensiv lock - I don't even know what system they played"
Quite clearly Nagelsmann didn't either. Everyone could see Villarreal attempting that last knockout punch counter coming from miles away, apart from him.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
In any event, an incredibly embarrassing situation for Bayern; being knocked out by a club that won their first (minor) European title in 2021.

It's curious how they always have a "monster" season, where they are ruthless and unstoppable (2013, 2020 and to a lesser extent 2001), but then they are unable to mount an era of dominance, unlike Madrid in 1998-2002 and 2014-18, Milan in 88-90, or Barca in 2009-2011.

Not surprised about Madrid, since they have the best late peak CF of all time. At least Chelsea tried.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
In any event, an incredibly embarrassing situation for Bayern; being knocked out by a club that won their first (minor) European title in 2021.

It's curious how they always have a "monster" season, where they are ruthless and unstoppable (2013, 2020 and to a lesser extent 2001), but then they are unable to mount an era of dominance, unlike Madrid in 1998-2002 and 2014-18, Milan in 88-90, or Barca in 2009-2011.

Not surprised about Madrid, since they have the best late peak CF of all time. At least Chelsea tried.
Bayern have been an "elite" side for basically over 10 years now, probably the most consistent club of that time. This is the first time they went out to an underdog in ages.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Bayern have been an "elite" side for basically over 10 years now, probably the most consistent club of that time. This is the first time they went out to an underdog in ages.
My point is that they peak with an unstoppable Starting XI but then they are unable to even reach a UCL final with that squad.

And the most consistent side in the last 10 years has to be Madrid. 4 titles and always advancing to the semifinals other than 18-19, if not mistaken.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah the fact that if he'd passed it or if Courtois had saved it and someone put it in on the rebound would have been an allowed goal is just ridiculous.

Frankly think they should just go back to ball to hand or hand to ball if it's in a natural position.
It just tells you that football rules are often written by people who haven't played much if any football in their lives, certain contacts and body movements are impossible to avoid in certain situations.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
10 semi finals in the last 12 years, 4 CLs won, there ain't a more consistent than Real Madrid in the CL

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Because our coaches like to play the same midfield since 2015-16 it reaches a point when they stop being elite in spite of being decent and capable of isolated moments of sheer brilliance. That's probably enough for the group stages but against the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool you need an extra gear which is simply not there. They have the right mentality though, I must admit that.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
This is a deviant topic, like a morgue and the coroners tasked with the autopsy… some die because of a shot, some because of a stroke, and many because their system is old and fails… yet we coroners are always and uncannily interested in the d*ck: how long it was, how long is ours. Fantastic! :lol: As for tonight, Simeone will punch Pep’s bubble… you heard it here again.