Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 1: September 17-19

Feel bad for the keeper there.

Didn't expect Leverkusen to be so convincing in their win. To be honest they've been quite clinical, I don't think they've been that comfortable on the ball since Feyernord did press them well and make them lose the ball.

They will lose the final against Real after having 17xpg to -0,4xpg and then they will leave Alonso and Wirtz right there.

Don’t threaten me with a good time :lol:

First they steal our Bundesliga title and now they will steal our 1st place in the CL table pff...

Hancko and Timber can play at this level. All the other can't.

Well jury's out on Hwang I guess.

Still not overly impressed with Frimpong. Everytime I watch him he's just kind of there. Running around frantically like a Jack Russell but achieving feck all

Still not overly impressed with Frimpong. Everytime I watch him he's just kind of there. Running around frantically like a Jack Russell but achieving feck all

Wasn't his best match but he hasn't been at his best for quite a while now. I think his biggest strength is how well he's timing his runs inbehind and how well he spots those spaces. He's also extremely hard to defenf in one on ones from a standstill but he has much room for improvement in lots of other areas

While I am not necessarily against the new CL format, it strikes me this is the European Super League by another name.
Starts off with 36 teams and before you know it, that gets progressively expanded. And the new league format continues into the new year when traditionally the FA Cup gets underway.

And the clubs involved will inevitably have to manage playing time in order to prevent an increase in injuries.

Time will tell what happens.
In England, I see certain EPL clubs marginalising the League Cup and FA Cup when expansion of this competition takes place. I can't lie, I would have rather preferred to see us play Qarabağ FK instead of Barnsley on Tuesday.

Thought this would be the perfect game to start Calafiori. Seems more and more like a luxury signing, when we were in desperate need of at least one capable striker. Mediocre summer window, that was.

Apologies for being stupid, but:
What is "xThreat"? What is "Field Tilt"?

It's basically metrics that try to show quality of possession and not quality of shots, like xG. If I remember correctly xThreat assigns threat values to zones on the pitch and then creates a score from that (something like: the closer to goal your possession is the better its xThreat).

Field tilt, I think, just measures how many of the game's final third actions belonged to either team.