Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 1: September 17-19

Correct. Many people pointed this out when it was introduced. A single table means you can easily expand the club pool size in future editions.

Who’s to say it doesn’t expand to 48 teams in the next 6-8 years.

I do think that is a likely scenario. And with that, there is the possibility they could revise the criterion for entry to the CL, thus getting the big clubs at the expense of the lower clubs.

Well you guys bought him,. You also bought Altintop.
You're probably too young to remember but the team that I support did win titles while playing shit for years, under Trappatoni, Magath and (sometimes) Hitzfeld. I didn't enjoy it a bit. Glad you do :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember back when beating Bayern in CL was a Big Deal. Now we can just throw in a random Joselu and beat you with him :lol::lol::lol:

I’ve always loved watching him. Surprised he never moved anywhere too.
He moved to Inter. Where gets paid a lot playing for the his boyhood club...

And he's great but also not worth the kind of money it would take to sign him

Inter were pretty bad in the second half yesterday, lucky to escape with the point

Designed by Noel Gallagher, presumably when he has revisiting his LSD days

It’s quite funny. Liam had a clothing brand and while it was a bit scatter gun in output, made some decent stuff.

But nah, give it Noel to knock up with some crayons.

Awful shirt.

The 8 games schedule and playoff for all between 9th and 24th means you can afford to lose more points and still go through... Both City and Inter seemed more interested in the next league games coming their way on Sunday.

This is a terrible downside of the new format. Promised more big match ups, but you’ve made a scenario where not losing without risk is more attractive than winning with risk in the big games.

Maybe it’ll change across the 5 months it runs for.

Well you guys bought him,. You also bought Altintop.
I can't tell if this post is genuine or trolling.

Real Madrid never bought Hamit Altintop. They signed him on a free .... from Bayern Munich. Your club. Where he played a hell of a lot more than at Real Madrid (600 minutes total).

I feel strangely conditioned to support the team with "Media Markt" on their shirt. I am like those zombies in Dawn Of The Dead returning to the mall.

I've lost count of the number of times Frimpong and Grimaldo have combined for goals. Can't remember a pair of wing backs combining this much before.

He didn't mean it :lol:
Inadvertantly hit the ball planting his leg for a shot :lol:

Meanwhile, the TNT commentators: "Brilliant skill!", while you see Boniface's puzzled face in the replay...

The commemtator is right. That's pretty much Boniface' signature move. He's doing it every other game. Took Henry as a role model I suppose