Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 1: September 17-19

the tally so far (in the CL) is 30 encounters, wins 12-14 with 4 draws, 43:45 goals. looks pretty even, especially given you fellas spent like 5x on players
Pft. That's prehistory

Last time we played we beat you with Joselu. And you want us to take you seriously now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pft. That's prehistory

Last time we played we beat you with Joselu. And you want us to take you seriously now? :lol: :lol: :lol:
bold talk for a supporter of a club who boasts 6 "CL" titles from before 1970. you also bought Hamit Altintop. And when was the last time you beat Barca 8-2? Ah i forgot you never wanted to, did you. Who cares about unsignificant wins.

Last edited:
bold talk for a supporter of a club who boasts 6 "CL" titles from before 1970. you also bought Hamit Altintop. And when was the last time you beat Barca 8-2? Ah i forgot you never wanted to, did you. Who cares about unsignificant wins.
I repeat: Joselu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Decent result to bounce back from Saturday. Gakpo had a good game. Really need to beat Bournemouth on Saturday though.

Unusual seeing a single CL table like that.

Amateur hour from Dinamo. Sure, Bayern is a beast, but Dinamo conceded more goals than they made fouls. That they were chasing shadows all game is to say it lightly.

Saw the Champions League table for the first time, strangest thing I ever saw. I wonder who had the idea.

Not particularly worried about Real Madrid playing badly. First of all because they won a league + CL double last season so tradition dictates that they won't be as good this season due to general laziness. Second of all because the "freedom" approach that RM uses (which has proved to be very successful and effective in the medium term) takes a while to work, as it is learned on the pitch via trial and error. It'll work out, if not this season then next season.

If you would like to exchange this tried and true method for a modern pressing game with trained patterns of play, you are in luck: Amazon has a good deal on pacifiers and jangly plastic keys right now, you big baby.

Amateur hour from Dinamo. Sure, Bayern is a beast, but Dinamo conceded more goals than they made fouls. That they were chasing shadows all game is to say it lightly.

the difference in fitness levels is insane and our league is basically paraolympic anyway. they weren't even in position to collect yellow cards ffs :lol:

but it seems like Bayern were also fired up in the way Arsenal most likely won't be. most teams simply sub their best players after fifth goal around 70th minute, but Kane would probably be eager to play 380 minutes of this if that was possible and collect his CL goals.

the difference in fitness levels is insane and our league is basically paraolympic anyway. they weren't even in position to collect yellow cards ffs :lol:

but it seems like Bayern were also fired up in the way Arsenal most likely won't be. most teams simply sub their best players after fifth goal around 70th minute, but Kane would probably be eager to play 380 minutes of this if that was possible and collect his CL goals.
I agree but its not all about fitness. Its about madness on the bench. Profa Jakir lost the plot completely.

While I am not necessarily against the new CL format, it strikes me this is the European Super League by another name.
Starts off with 36 teams and before you know it, that gets progressively expanded. And the new league format continues into the new year when traditionally the FA Cup gets underway.

And the clubs involved will inevitably have to manage playing time in order to prevent an increase in injuries.

Time will tell what happens.

While I am not necessarily against the new CL format, it strikes me this is the European Super League by another name.
Starts off with 36 teams and before you know it, that gets progressively expanded. And the new league format continues into the new year when traditionally the FA Cup gets underway.

And the clubs involved will inevitably have to manage playing time in order to prevent an increase in injuries.

Time will tell what happens.

That was what a few people were trying to warn when the super league was suggested. UEFA were just trying to make their own one and here we are.

Anybody have any idea why the Brugge home end is full of Union flags and English-language banners?

City - Inter so far is similar to last year's final, though Inter are playing Thuram so they're more threatening in transition

Did BT mention anything about City's off the field issues in the build up or are they still just rimming them weekly?
Really is odd that it's not mentioned more often in previews before a City match.

Did BT mention anything about City's off the field issues in the build up or are they still just rimming them weekly?
Don’t be silly. There not called Manchester United. Small clubs don’t get much attention.