4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: we all know Mctominay's only use for us is coming off the bench to nick a goal. If we're starting him DM vs City then expect another 6 goals conceded.

He's about to take the next step up !!

We all knew mctom >>>> rice. Now, we are soon to find out mctom >>> Bellingham!!

He's been dog shit this season. I know he got a couple of goals, so whoever votes for player of the month on manutd.com got excited, but he's easily been our worst 'star player'. I'd say an opportunity to get some legs into the midfield, but, er, we don't seem to have any.

Numbers wise Cas is a loss, but performance wise it’s hard to say that he will be based on this season’s performances (outside of the goals which may be linked to what the performances have been)

It’s not good at all but I really can’t bring myself to be that bothered

A rest might not be a bad thing, just hope we can sort something out. Too early for Mainoo?

He’s the most overly-criticised player on here, which is some achievement.

He can misplace a pass and he’s “finished”. He gets isolated with 2 players and doesn’t (can’t) track both of them and he’s “Matic”.

He’s not perfect, he set his bar pretty high last season, but the expectations of him are ridiculous.

He can misplace a pass and he’s “finished”. He gets isolated with 2 players and doesn’t (can’t) track both of them and he’s “Matic”.

He’s not perfect, he set his bar pretty high last season, but the expectations of him are ridiculous.
Yes and he has been just that this season. Still don't think he knows he is playing holding this season.

Couldn't agree more. We'll notice his absence when he's gone.
Blessing in disguise. Needs a break. Gives Mainoo a chance too.
If you think Mainoo is going to get thrown into the starting 11 for the Manchester derby then I've got some magic beans to sell you. If Casemiro is injured then best case scenario it will be Amrabat and Hannibal as a double pivot. Worst case scenario it will be Mctominay.

With the way he's been playing so far this season, this news serves no real impact for us on the pitch. Maybe someone else who can perform better than him will now be given a chance and force ETH's hand.

Couldn't agree more. We'll notice his absence when he's gone.

If you think Mainoo is going to get thrown into the starting 11 for the Manchester derby then I've got some magic beans to sell you. If Casemiro is injured then best case scenario it will be Amrabat and Hannibal as a double pivot. Worst case scenario it will be Mctominay.
I don't. Will be Amrabat-McTominay if anything.

Getting him out the team will be a relief.

Have we managed to sell him to Saudi yet?

We have more games than just the City game, you know.
True, but the City game is the one I want us to win more than any other fixture (asides from maybe the CL games). If Casemiro is fit then we have a slim chance of beating our rivals. Without him, we don't stand a chance.

FTFY, it's McTominay time !!

(Not that Casemiro is bad, I love him)

It surely isn't. He did not suddenly turn into a great player just because he scored two against Brentford. If Casemiro needs a rest, Amrabat/Mount will be the preferred central pairing, and should be. With Eriksen the main alternative.

Was pretty shocking yesterday, got away with murder despite persistent fouling and shirt grabbing every time he got dispossesed, easily 8-10 times. Was probably enjoying the ref trearment for Brazil vs what he gets in the PL :wenger:

x0y2w99166vb1.jpg

It surely isn't. He did not suddenly turn into a great player just because he scored two against Brentford. If Casemiro needs a rest, Amrabat/Mount will be the preferred central pairing, and should be. With Eriksen the main alternative.

Amrabat also injured. McT/Eriksen combo it is. May the lord have mercy on our souls.

Bit grim, that.

No idea on the stats - grateful if someone can confirm - but from last season but my visual impression would be that he was losing the ball and as inaccurate on it so those stats haven't changed much (which isn't a good thing either); but for the most part was losing far less duels and being dribbled past far less frequently.

Have we decided that it's terminal then? Only seems like 5 minutes since he was exactly what we'd been missing all these years. How do we think we can utilise him going g forward? He's hardly for the scrapheap. I mean Brentford was his first match with Amrabat. Surely he can still perform as part of 2 6s, alongside a tidy passer who has legs and keeps possession? Or do we see him operating anywhere else?

He needs to play as a number 6 and focus on keeping it simple like he did at Madrid (at least he appeared to according to the eye test). If he plays with Amrabat, he could afford to be a tad more adventurous, but we really need to stop looking for the spectacular long pass every time. We already have Bruno and could probably just about live with it with one player, if the other 2 play safe.
2 players trying to play that way is chaotic and results in the tennis game kind of matches we've been subjected to in recent times.

Casemiro was being asked to do too much earlier in the season for a man of his age. He doesn't have the energy of Deklan Rice. He's probably unsuitable for what ETH is trying to achieve but would be perfectly fine for another year playing alongside a much stronger defence and another defensive midfielder. But you have to ask what the point of him is in that case. Another Glazer sticking plaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.