Carabao Cup 2024/25 | United vs Leicester in the 4th round

So Liverpool avoid a penalty claim somehow and then break to score!
How many million times does it have to happen?

All this talk of too many games and so many big hitters just casually playing in third round League Cup matches.

Think that Gomez one could've been given as handball.
All this talk of too many games and so many big hitters just casually playing in third round League Cup matches.
I mean we made 8 changes from the weekend. The three who kept their spots (Kelleher, Tsimikas and Nunez) probably won't start against Wolves on Saturday (assuming Alisson is fit).

Think that Gomez one could've been given as handball.

I mean we made 8 changes from the weekend. The three who kept their spots (Kelleher, Tsimikas and Nunez) probably won't start against Wolves on Saturday (assuming Alisson is fit).

I mean, I'm only really talking Salah for Liverpool and more Saka and Rice starting for Arsenal, and Gabriel and Havertz coming on at either 3 or 4-1.... legit why :lol:

I mean, I'm only really talking Salah for Liverpool and more Saka and Rice starting for Arsenal, and Gabriel and Havertz coming on at either 3 or 4-1.... legit why :lol:

Lewis-Skelly picked up an injury so Gabriel came on for him, and basically Rice got an hour and the replacement for him in that position on the bench was either Havertz or Partey.

Saka played only first half vs City, Arteta was on point with rotation today.

Never a 5-1 game but that's how it's going for West Ham at the moment.
Guess that's what happens when squad players are trying to make a case for themselves in front of the manager. Though you'd ease off after the red, but evidently the players had other ideas.

Guess that's what happens when squad players are trying to make a case for themselves in front of the manager. Though you'd ease off after the red, but evidently the players had other ideas.
Gakpo was determined to score at least one. Ended up with two. We weren't great first half tbf.

Round four draw New
Round four draw:

Brentford vs Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton vs Stoke
Tottenham vs Manchester City
AFC Wimbledon/Newcastle vs Chelsea
United vs Leicester
Brighton vs Liverpool
Preston vs Arsenal
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace

After yet another shit result tonight, that draw is at least a positive note to end on.

Winnable home game for us, and tougher away games for the likes of City and Liverpool. And Spurs / City, Newcastle / Chelsea means two threats will get knocked out.

Another tough draw. Definitely not an easy tie.
Brighton away is a tough draw, yeah.

You say 'another' tough draw - are you counting West Ham at home as one? No problem if you are, but that's the kind of draw we keep regularly getting and all most other sets of fans seem to do is go on about us being 'lucky' to be drawn at home. But, as you say, getting PL West Ham when you could get lower league opposition isn't 'lucky' just because you happen to be at home - except when it happens to us, it seems!

Last edited:
Brighton away is a tough draw, yeah.

You say 'another' tough draw - are you counting West Ham at home as one? No problem if you are, but that's the kind of draw we keep regularly getting and all most other sets of fans seem to do is go on about us being 'lucky' to be drawn at home. But, as you say, getting PL West Ham when you could get lower league opposition isn't 'lucky' just because you happen to be at home - except when it happens to us, it seems!
I really just mean another PL side. We seem to get drawn in all PL tie's a lot in early domestic cup rounds. I'm sure there are stats about this. I think United do as well, whereas Chelsea and City seem to mostly get lower league sides if I'm not mistaken.

I really just mean another PL side. We seem to get drawn in all PL tie's a lot in early domestic cup rounds. I'm sure there are stats about this. I think United do as well, whereas Chelsea and City seem to mostly get lower league sides if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, we do often end up drawing Premier League sides in cups, a lot more often than City and Chelsea. We’ll probably struggle against Leicester.

Yeah, that's true.

We definitely get plenty of PL draws - but all that's mentioned is that we're often at home to them - as if drawing a PL side at home is 'luckier than lower league / NL teams away!

And, yeah, you too seem to draw more PL sides in earlier rounds than the likes of City and Chelsea.

Yeah, we do often end up drawing Premier League sides in cups, a lot more often than City and Chelsea. We’ll probably struggle against Leicester.
Definitely the case in the FA Cup but in Carabao chances are your 2nd fixture is going to be a PL team. Lack of upsets this year with Ipswich being the only PL side beaten by a team lower in the pyramid. 13 out of 16 teams left are PL teams (presumably). The unlucky part of the draws now really is losing the coin flip and getting an away tie.

Meant to quote @Klopper76 but too much hassle to fix it on the phone.

That's the 8th time in a row we've been drawn at home in this competition! Last away tie was at Everton in December 2020.