Can Jonny Evans get some respect put on his name?

I liked him as he was smart with the ball and with his positioning.
I am pretty sure that the season before he came to Utd he was voted best in the Dutch league and that was as a midfielder and yet that was probably his worst position in England due to his lack of pace which tells us a lot about the difference in leagues.

Yeah that's true and fair, but when positioned deeper it showed how intelligent he was and how sharp he was with the ball. Very composed and will certainly always look back fondly on him.

Isn't this a classic example of fans blindly siding with whoever is manager at united at the time, people were and still do defend van gaal terrible transfer decisions like letting go of welbeck, nani, evans and chicarito and all for dirt cheap prices as well
I think it was the correct decision to sell Nani and Chicarito, but Jonny Evans treatment was a disgrace. He was scapegoated for that MK Dons loss, a loss in which we played Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett, who both went on to amount to a fraction of Evans ability.

I honestly don't think that he could get even a minute playtime in ANY other topclub in England or outside. Tells a lot about our "great" squad.
And yet he's been our best defender and was MOTM Vs Villa, so presumably he would get in their squad at the least. The gist of your comment is spot on though, our recruitment really is shambolic.