Bruno Guimarães | Newcastle United

They need to sell apparently. Now's the time......

Would be a very good signing. Him, Mainoo and Fernandes looks very good on paper.

Have to say no thank you to this one. He seems quite difficult to like, and I couldn't stand watching our matches listening to the commentators saying "Gimmarayeshhhhhhh" whenever he gets the ball.

He'll be extremely expensive and I'm not quite sure he's as good as some make him out to be. He's tenacious and has bite, and it's true we lack that, but I think we need a more rounded CM currently. He'd be great to have as an option with the CMs likely to leave this summer, but his price will instantly put him in the "first XI" range and I'm not sure he's all that.

He’s quality. Would love him here, but can’t see it happening with the state of our finances.

He's be perfect here and could easily become a cult hero / fan favourite. I think he's class, but not worth the £90m+ fee. If we could get him at cut price, it's a no brainer.

He will go to City if Newcastle puts him on the market.

I'm not sure it's even a case of putting him on the market, Newcastle want to keep him, but he has the release clause that they are fearful of.

To replace who?

Kalvin Phillips and Nunes basically. Will give them Rodri, Kovacic and Guimares as options for the 2 in midfield.

I'm not sure it's even a case of putting him on the market, Newcastle want to keep him, but he has the release clause that they are fearful of.

Kalvin Phillips and Nunes basically. Will give them Rodri, Kovacic and Guimares as options for the 2 in midfield.

KDB and Bernardo also play in a midfield 3. Phillips never even played for them really so it's not replacing him, they don't need Guimaraes.

How can it be to replace a player that never even played anyway. Bruno Guimaraes won't leave Newcastle to be a bench player.
To replace a rubbish player with better squad depth. He will if he doubles his wages and his guaranteed trophies.

KDB and Bernardo also play in a midfield 3. Phillips never even played for them really so it's not replacing him, they don't need Guimaraes.

KDB and Bernardo are both heavily linked with moves away this summer and Kovacic is not exactly a youth player. With Nunes and Phillips having failed there is certainly room for him at City and if they do sell any of their stars they may well end up getting him with minimal net spend.

To replace a rubbish player with better squad depth. He will if he doubles his wages and his guaranteed trophies.

Regardless, on what basis are you guys in this thread thinking he will even go to City? They're not even linked with him. It's just pure speculation.

There is no way Newcastle will allow him to leave anyway. They will sell their entire squad before selling him or Isak.

Regardless, on what basis are you guys in this thread thinking he will even go to City? They're not even linked with him. It's just pure speculation.

There is no way Newcastle will allow him to leave anyway. They will sell their entire squad before selling him or Isak.

Are all links not just speculation?
One of their main itk is adamant they are in for him, he's been right about a lot of things like bidding for Rice before the media got it.

We (Arsenal) were heavily linked as well but it's been reported we don't want to pay the buyout price and would only become interested if there was a chance to negotiate the deal down.

Newcastle won't have a choice, he has a buyout clause that's effective until end of June, after that they are in full control and they wouldn't sell. So they are vulnerable until end of June, Eddie Howe has even said as much.

I was never saying that he will join city or anyone for that matter. I was just answering your question to who he’ll replace. You’re right though, they’d never sell him unless an 100m offer came in for him which won’t happen.

0% chance we go for him or any Newcastle player for the next few windows with Ashworth up in the air or just after he’s arrived.
Ye we won’t be their favourite team to do business with once we get Ashworth.

KDB and Bernardo are both heavily linked with moves away this summer and Kovacic is not exactly a youth player. With Nunes and Phillips having failed there is certainly room for him at City and if they do sell any of their stars they may well end up getting him with minimal net spend.
Bernardo Silva have been looking for a move since 2023 summer. KDB at 33 would be insane to turn down the mega offer from Saudi(same for City as well). City has all the room and money for Bruno Guimaraes.

Shows how broken by money football is that a good player thatis press resistant has a £100m price tag.

Personally irrelevant anyway for me personally, he is a good player but definately not the type of midfielder we need to sign

0% chance we go for him or any Newcastle player for the next few windows with Ashworth up in the air or just after he’s arrived.
If he has a release clause there isnt much they could do I guess

How can it be to replace a player that never even played anyway. Bruno Guimaraes won't leave Newcastle to be a bench player.

Probably more rotate with Kovacic who hasn't really hit the heights of his Chelsea days so far.

Matheus Nunes also made little impact since joining.

Meh, already overstock in the middle. Another 100m for the bench,beside Jack,kovacic and nunes. Probably won't even have a big impact with them next season. I'd expect him to have a big impact following season in league 2 though

That will probably be Wirtz or Foden. This will be Rodri’s misfiled partner.
Bruno G is a defensive midfielder? I thought he was an attacking midfielder.

It’s so infuriating that they can so easily replace their players with the best replacements. Cheaters do prosper, it seems.