View full 2021-22 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how such a bang average player is getting a huge contract. United never learn.

So since are his numbers average?

19/20 27 goals 22 assists
20/21 28 goals 17 assists
21/22 9 goals 14 assists

I must have missed how much he is being offered tbh?

21/22 9 goals 14 assists

He could double these numbers for all I care, for every goal he scores he creates three clear cut chances for the opposition by his incredibly dumb and wasteful passing. On top of that he seems to be really toxic, looking at his body language and the way he talks to his teammates when things are going bad. There is literally not a single top team in the world he would improve and that’s what united should be aiming for.

21/22 9 goals 14 assists

It’s so hard to quantify Bruno, he basically plays as a second striker and creates just as many opposition opportunities as he does chances for us - he’s such an enigma - but his stats are always top drawer.

I don’t see him being part of a team who wins a major title unless he reigns in his game but he’s been our erratic shining light these last couple of seasons, I hope the next manager can mould him into an offensive 8.

Of all the problems Utd have he’s not one. Not perfect by any means but he’s so obviously a net contributor to the team. If 250k per week is what you pay for top class attacking talent then you should clearly pay it. He’d still only be the 4th or 5th highest earner at the club, I’m amazed that people would be against this. I expected it to happen sooner to be honest.

21/22 9 goals 14 assists

No other midfielder even comes close to these numbers, stat machine!

He hasn't played under a proper manager since he's been here, lets see what Ten Hag can do with him if he comes. Maybe Ten Hag can get him to reign in the hollywood passing.

Anyway, giving him a contract till he's 33 is just asking for trouble.

I really don't understand why we are negotiating new deal with Bruno right now.

He is earning £180,000 / week , exactly what he deserves if not more than that, and current deal lasts till 2025 with 1-year extension option. By 2026 , Bruno will be 32 and big question mark on if he can sustain his performance . Why we need to rush another deal to extend & increase his wage ?

Man Utd supposedly trim off the over-paid wages from those undeserved so that the team wage bills are more balanced, instead of the other way around.

I don't imagine the rush is on our end. He's probably seeing if we'll give him a new deal now and seeing what he could get elsewhere now. I don't see any big money clubs coming for him, so I expect he'll continue with us on his current contract.

I really don't understand why we are negotiating new deal with Bruno right now.

He is earning £180,000 / week , exactly what he deserves if not more than that, and current deal lasts till 2025 with 1-year extension option. By 2026 , Bruno will be 32 and big question mark on if he can sustain his performance . Why we need to rush another deal to extend & increase his wage ?

Man Utd supposedly trim off the over-paid wages from those undeserved so that the team wage bills are more balanced, instead of the other way around.

Compeltely agree. We are lving in a short term past. WHo knows what use the new manager will have for him, if they even like him. Obviously he has been one of the very few successful transfers of recent times here....but forget these stats, he has been poor for 12months, amazes me to be honest, it has taken so long for him to get any criticism at all. Yet again, another with no doubting his ability and on his side, unlike others he works incerdibly hard as well, but his body language has looked all wrong the last few months.

Most importantly, as you allude to briliant player due to the stats or just a decent player due to a lot of the wasteful play and long period of poor form.......He is in the peak of his career and has 3years left on his contract, at which point he is well into his 30s.

As great as he has been at times, with a new manager, new system or philosiphy as much as he good improve and be great he could quite easily also become one of our high earners we cant move on or refuse to due to a shiny contract. Its madness we are negotiating with him now

I really don't understand how he can pull off passes like the assist to Ronaldo against Brugge and then constantly put an easy pass 3 yards behind the full back
If I throw 50 darts at a board and hit the bullseye once does that make me a good darts player? He just isn't a good passer, but, because he's allowed to try stupid passes nonstop every game, he's regarded as a good one because he occasionally gets a few right, which is bound to happen when you have so many attempts.
No other midfielder even comes close to these numbers, stat machine!
Please take him back.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to upgrade his deal at the moment. We were apparently thinking of doing the same with Maguire at the start of his abysmal season. And yet, those two were supposedly put on lower wages in line with that famous cultural reset.

If I throw 50 darts at a board and hit the bullseye once does that make me a good darts player? He just isn't a good passer, but, because he's allowed to try stupid passes nonstop every game, he's regarded as a good one because he occasionally gets a few right, which is bound to happen when you have so many attempts.

Please take him back.
Gladly maybe this time we won’t get ripped off in this deal.

Crazy how such a bang average player is getting a huge contract. United never learn.
Crazy how a bad run of form from our best attacking player since RVP gets no patience from our “supporters” Its embarrassing.

Lots of players in this current crop are bad apples/not good enough. Bruno has done more than enough to earn the patience of the fans. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves. And don’t hit me with the “its not wrong to want the best of the best for the club” BS, its our job to get behind the players, not just support them if they score 2 a game and win 10 trophies a year.

Crazy how a bad run of form from our best attacking player since RVP gets no patience from our “supporters” Its embarrassing.

Lots of players in this current crop are bad apples/not good enough. Bruno has done more than enough to earn the patience of the fans. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves. And don’t hit me with the “its not wrong to want the best of the best for the club” BS, its our job to get behind the players, not just support them if they score 2 a game and win 10 trophies a year.
One thing I have learned is this Fan bass is super bipolar.

Their players especially home grown are the best talents around but normally they are mediocre at best and then their best players are the best in the world until the next game when they play bad and then they are average. Then the week after they score vs Liverpool and are all time Greats again.

It’s a miracle that he signed a new contract with us yet there’s some still moaning.
I’d gladly have him sold. Or at least see how he performs with Ten Hag. His close range passing is terrible, and he wastes a lot of balls.

I’d gladly have him sold. Or at least see how he performs with Ten Hag. His close range passing is terrible, and he wastes a lot of balls.
Thats the system we play. Players are told to rely on individual moments of brilliance. Thats how Ole trained them, and RR hasn’t won the squad over.

We really should be waiting to see whether our new manager plans to play with a number 10 before handing out a mega contract to Bruno. As productive as he can be, he does come with severe limitations and having him on a mega contract may force any new manager to adopt their tactics to accommodate him. Also, this new contract will pretty much kill any chance of moving him on if the new manager doesn't fancy him, or if his bad form continues.

Y
We really should be waiting to see whether our new manager plans to play with a number 10 before handing out a mega contract to Bruno. As productive as he can be, he does come with severe limitations and having him on a mega contract may force any new manager to adopt their tactics to accommodate him. Also, this new contract will pretty much kill any chance of moving him on if the new manager doesn't fancy him, or if his bad form continues.
Yeah the manager who currently plays with Berguis as a 10 and Tadic in the wings will have issues playing Bruno. Or maybe you mean the manager that used Delle Alli as his number 10.
I have been avoiding this thread because I knew It would be Riddled with posts like these.

Yeah the manager who currently plays with Berguis as a 10 and Tadic in the wings will have issues playing Bruno. Or maybe you mean the manager that used Delle Alli as his number 10.
I have been avoiding this thread because I knew It would be Riddled with posts like these.

That's not the point at all. We have him tied up for his best years on a reasonable contract, why the rush to hand out a new contract - this is the kind of mistake we have made dozens of times in the past and which leaves us with unsellable assets who we don't know how to fit in our team and people complain when we can't move them on.

One thing I have learned is this Fan bass is super bipolar.

Their players especially home grown are the best talents around but normally they are mediocre at best and then their best players are the best in the world until the next game when they play bad and then they are average. Then the week after they score vs Liverpool and are all time Greats again.

What gibberish

He still has three years left on his contract but we want to extend it to five??
I like Bruno but I do not see the sense in this
We have a new manager next season and there is no rush to get this done and from memory we only normally do five year deals to young players joining the club.

He could double these numbers for all I care, for every goal he scores he creates three clear cut chances for the opposition by his incredibly dumb and wasteful passing. On top of that he seems to be really toxic, looking at his body language and the way he talks to his teammates when things are going bad. There is literally not a single top team in the world he would improve and that’s what united should be aiming for.

Right so bang average but can still score and assist?

So you want someone who can pass sideways all game and create nothing? I am guessing you have no issues with mcTominay then?

It’s so hard to quantify Bruno, he basically plays as a second striker and creates just as many opposition opportunities as he does chances for us - he’s such an enigma - but his stats are always top drawer.

I don’t see him being part of a team who wins a major title unless he reigns in his game but he’s been our erratic shining light these last couple of seasons, I hope the next manager can mould him into an offensive 8.

Yep, I agree but you cannot say he is a bang average player, he is a very good player that can become top quality if he can make adjustments to his game.

If a coach comes in and says if you want to play, its my way then he has to play that way. Why has Ralf come in and given him the free role position again? Its obvious he feels he can affect a game too.

Not in the age of social media and internet. You are either GOAT or shit, there is no in between anymore, at least on the internet. Do you think the internet would be kind to Rio and his occasional brainfarts that he had earlier in his career? Look at Lindelof, despite improving in leaps and bounds since his arrival, he still gets judged on the impressions the fans made when he first arrived.

Scholes had a tendency to go missing in big games. Just like Fernandes when he was very good, the whole team would look on a different level. When he was bad, he was very bad. Just look at that FA Cup final against Arsenal. The only big game I remember him being a deciding factor is that semi final against Barca. Modern day fans would have a field day with his performances of "not showing up in big games" "being inconsistent" etc etc

Carrick had the misfortune of starting playing when the social media was becoming a thing as opposed to Scholes who already had a reputation going by that time. That's why he got so much hatred up until 2011 when he became the only fully functioning CM we had in the team.

Social media has forever changed the way we view our players. Gone are the days of cult heroes and romanticism. These days it's all about performance stats, xGs, assists, key passes, etc etc

If Bruno would be playing in the late 90's early 2000's, he'd be remembered on here next to the likes of Rui Costa and Batistuta.

But aren't you kind of joining in with this modern, sweeping judgement thing by saying Scholes went missing in big games?

I mean....what?

I'm a fan of Bruno and a lot of the stuff written about him here is nonsense, but offering out big contract extensions when we seemingly haven't decided on a direction for the club and don't know who the next manager will be is silly.

Of course, if this is happening because we've identified the next manager and he's said he wants Bruno tied down long-term, fair enough. Same if we've spoken to everyone on our shortlist and they've all said the same. Knowing this club it seems unlikely though.

Tie him down by all means but I'd like to see us look at rotation options for the AM spot when the next manager comes in.

Bruno is the kind of player you want playing 75% of the time and then sat on the bench the other 25% of the time he decides to have a stinker

Right now we only have Pogba to rotate with him and he'll be off soon

Not in the age of social media and internet. You are either GOAT or shit, there is no in between anymore, at least on the internet. Do you think the internet would be kind to Rio and his occasional brainfarts that he had earlier in his career? Look at Lindelof, despite improving in leaps and bounds since his arrival, he still gets judged on the impressions the fans made when he first arrived.

Scholes had a tendency to go missing in big games. Just like Fernandes when he was very good, the whole team would look on a different level. When he was bad, he was very bad. Just look at that FA Cup final against Arsenal. The only big game I remember him being a deciding factor is that semi final against Barca. Modern day fans would have a field day with his performances of "not showing up in big games" "being inconsistent" etc etc

Carrick had the misfortune of starting playing when the social media was becoming a thing as opposed to Scholes who already had a reputation going by that time. That's why he got so much hatred up until 2011 when he became the only fully functioning CM we had in the team.

Social media has forever changed the way we view our players. Gone are the days of cult heroes and romanticism. These days it's all about performance stats, xGs, assists, key passes, etc etc

If Bruno would be playing in the late 90's early 2000's, he'd be remembered on here next to the likes of Rui Costa and Batistuta.
Please don't compare them in any way, even by analogy. Not only is it untrue but Bruno should also be honoured to receive the type of criticism greats like Scholes receive when they weren't at their best. Bruno's normal state of affairs is comfortably levels below Scholesy's and that extends to their respective criticsms. With Bruno we're having to lower the standards to accommodate poor general play like it would be acceptable from even a squad player. Scholes disappearing in big games is also a new one to lower the bar. I remember no such thing from Scholes, Carrick was the one who tended to be neutralised in some of those games.

Also Scholes did play during social media and was hugely popular right through his comeback season and subsequent re-retirement. It wasn't actually that long ago, it wasn't the same scale but it was there. Don't also make it to be that the critcism Bruno is getting is irrrational. We're talking about a so called best player people successfully predict to disappear in the next big game. This is Bruno's normal.

Last edited:

Really? Without him we wouldn’t of got the champions league the last two seasons, fact. Infact his first half season dragged us from the abyss into the champions league spots. He’s not great at the moment but that’s the whole team, not just Bruno. I fancy him to make something happen over any of our players, maybe other than Ronaldo.

Really? Without him we wouldn’t of got the champions league the last two seasons, fact. Infact his first half season dragged us from the abyss into the champions league spots. He’s not great at the moment but that’s the whole team, not just Bruno. I fancy him to make something happen over any of our players, maybe other than Ronaldo.

Its just a very silly take from certain fans. Yes, he is not on form at the moment, but calling him a bang average player shows how well people know football.

In my mind football is about scoring goals and creating chances, if we have a solid back 6 and Bruno playing passing to forwards making forward runs, he will create chances, its a fact. Imagine having a bad season and still up there with Salah, Trent in terms of chances created.

Ofcourse, he can improve as a player, he needs to work on things but I reckon he can rediscover form.

How can you criticise our best player? Fernandes is world class there is no doubt about that. £240,00 for him? No problem with that. His numbers are why he’s getting paid this. Fully deserved as opposed to some of our other players.

How can you criticise our best player? Fernandes is world class there is no doubt about that. £240,00 for him? No problem with that. His numbers are why he’s getting paid this. Fully deserved as opposed to some of our other players.
But he hasn't been our best player this season. He was prior to that but he there wasn't much competition.

The question is what do the club have to gain out of giving him a bigger and longer contract. I personally can't think of anything the club gets out of it given the length of his existing contract.

He is undoubtedly talented but I wonder if he can thrive in a team that isn't built around him and in a possession based team. From what I have seen to date I would question if he can play in a 433. Additionally, I do wonder if his demeanour on the pitch is bad for the team, it's all very neymar.

It wouldn't be too hard to imagine the new manager not wanting him after a couple of seasons and us being unable to sell him because no other club will match his salary

Status
Not open for further replies.