Television Breaking Bad

I watched Breaking Bad up until the part where the airplane crashed (I think that’s what happened). I didn’t watch a single minute after that.

Does that hurt anyone’s feelings? I told a colleague that before and he was astounded.

Overrated show?

Correctly rated as a masterpiece of television.

I watched Breaking Bad up until the part where the airplane crashed (I think that’s what happened). I didn’t watch a single minute after that.

Does that hurt anyone’s feelings? I told a colleague that before and he was astounded.

Overrated show?

Its surprising that someone would stop there. I don't think it's particularly upsetting though.

Not like knowing so many people who never gave The Wire a chance either by not starting it or only watching a couple of episodes

Overrated show?
A little bit. Still a good show.

Overrated show?

The only person suffering is you for missing out.

Trying Better Call Saul again but it really doesn't have the pulling power of BB. Nothing about it sucks you in the way Walt and Jesse do from the very first episode. Amazing cinematography though!
Gotta stick with it. It's more of a slow burn but every bit as good as BB once it hits its stride

Thanks for the replies, lads. My colleague was surely affronted. Almost as bad as the time I told him I never watched an episode of Game of Thrones.

Overrated show?
Probably one of the best shows I’ve seen (top 5 anyway )

Trying Better Call Saul again but it really doesn't have the pulling power of BB. Nothing about it sucks you in the way Walt and Jesse do from the very first episode. Amazing cinematography though!

Season 1 of Better Call Saul is worse than every season of Breaking Bad.

Better Call Saul is the better end to end show. It ‘cheats’ a little bit as it co-opts Breaking Bad characters so has less work to do, but it’s a truly incredible show.

Its surprising that someone would stop there. I don't think it's particularly upsetting though.

Not like knowing so many people who never gave The Wire a chance either by not starting it or only watching a couple of episodes
Yeah it's crazy how many people haven't seen that show. Up there with the very best. Probably top of the pile.

Thanks for the replies, lads. My colleague was surely affronted. Almost as bad as the time I told him I never watched an episode of Game of Thrones.
Knowing how Game of Thrones ends, I’d say you are not really missing out. Some great early seasons, but will leave you thoroughly disappointed if you watch to the end.

Not seeing a program at all is understandable.

Just leaving an incredible show midway seems utterly bizarre.

Season 1 of Better Call Saul is worse than every season of Breaking Bad.

Better Call Saul is the better end to end show. It ‘cheats’ a little bit as it co-opts Breaking Bad characters so has less work to do, but it’s a truly incredible show.

Yeah, I loved Better Call Saul, it's a slow burn for sure, and obviously you need to have a taste for that level of slow burn. But it's so so good, and Lalo, what a character in a universe full of them.

I’d heard so much about it before watching, and perhaps I had unrealistically high expectations before doing so. I ditched it and never returned. I may be a monster.

Not seeing a program at all is understandable.

A pretty reasonable point to ditch it, I think. You have seen most of the best the show has to offer at that point and you spare yourself its worst.

I’d heard so much about it before watching, and perhaps I had unrealistically high expectations before doing so. I ditched it and never returned. I may be a monster.
You should give it a second go.

People told me Better Call Saul was "better" than Breaking Bad, but I found it way too slow with all the legal tedium and the highs way lower than Breaking Bad.

I've only just started trudging through Lost as well. And find it utterly average at best. Maybe it was an of the time thing.

Prison Break though - incredible 1st season and found the rest of it good as well. Though obviously impossible to match that 1st season.

A pretty reasonable point to ditch it, I think. You have seen most of the best the show has to offer at that point and you spare yourself its worst.
That's bonkers as that only came series 2. There was loads of great stuff long after that, with the highest rated episodes all being late on.

In fact, thinking about it, it's an even more crazy viewpoint as Fring had only just appeared a couple of episodes before and so much good stuff had yet to even start up.

That's bonkers as that only came series 2. There was loads of great stuff long after that, with the highest rated episodes all being late on.
The great stuff after that is spotted. You have to struggle through some stuff we've done before and some stuff we could've done without to get there. And more than anything Walt and Jesse become less interesting characters as they progress.

Overrated show?
No, definitely not. Stays good until the end imo.

The other one, better call Saul, isn’t as good later on, I lost interest in that one.

The great stuff after that is spotted. You have to struggle through some stuff we've done before and some stuff we could've done without to get there. And more than anything Walt and Jesse become less interesting characters as they progress.

Christ alive, is there some kind of worst take contest going on?

I'm sorry but what on earth are you talking about?

Christ alive, is there some kind of worst take contest going on?
I'm sorry but what on earth are you talking about?

I don't tend to take ratings graphs in to account when I form my media opinions to be honest.
maxresdefault.jpg

4-madrigal-1727041800.jpg

AAAAQazh7gVHv8NyrllKtHGiPalHt_6ZljmYjuZGIlFt36vqiPO5DRX0xfQRdmlp9OYBD0Qks55F-_V4dxeDBDBh3sLikK4gLV0iw7KLNJt53lVEvUSN_jj6VJV5nWaVVa7Zq5YoeDMyLqdCmqH5WDsxN2GO.jpg

It's a bizarre take that Breaking Bad didn't peak as it went on. Ozymandias is arguably the best episode of TV ever produced.
I have seen that take before. I remember it being fun and definitely a highlight of that series but I did not feel anything like that kind of affection for it.

I have seen that take before. I remember it being fun and definitely a highlight of that series but I did not feel anything like that kind of affection for it.

It’s had over 230,000 ratings left on IMDB and retains a 10.0 rating. Those are crazy numbers for an individual episode.

It’s legitimately batshit to suggest the show peaked in the second season and that the characters trailed off.

It’s had over 230,000 ratings left on IMDB and retains a 10.0 rating.

It’s legitimately batshit to suggest the show peaked in the second season and that the characters trailed off.
I still really don't know what you think I should be doing with this information.

Should I have a long hard look at myself because on this issue my views do not align with IMDB?

It’s incredibly churlish I know, but my opinion of BB goes down a tiny little bit every time they do one of these parody ads/sketches…. They just do a lot of them innit? and It just makes the whole thing a little bit sillier every time, for me.

None of the other golden age TV shows are doing it. Idris isn’t doing fecking Doritos ads as Stringer Bell, and that man is in at least 40% of all the ads on British TV. He’ll do literally anything.

Agree with that. It's actually interesting looking back at the first page:
It got a little macguyver
It kept going in this direction and went full in, added to that the characters became caricatures and the show relied on crazy coincidences to keep the tension up.

Still a fun show, however nowhere near the top for me.

Agree with that. It's actually interesting looking back at the first page:

It kept going in this direction and went full in, added to that the characters became caricatures and the show relied on crazy coincidences to keep the tension up.

Still a fun show, however nowhere near the top for me.
Agree with that. Everything was so extreme in the end. All that stuff with the Nazis was so over the top.

I see what DOTA is saying.

The show became less intimately about Walt and Jesse and more about set pieces and action with 'plot development focus on the characters' if that makes sense.

Most people were happy with the result though as it is very entertaining.

This is what's really bizarre - thinking 'Ozymandias' was fun!