Bloomberg: Jim Ratcliffe on plans for Man Utd

Pretty much as expected. I just hope they get busy with sales asap.

God I wish he’d just shut up and stop trying to be the face of the club.

Hateful prick.

Hateful prick.
We whinged that the Glazers said feck all and now we are whinging that our owner is present and communicating to the fans through the media.

What a fan base we have become.

We whinged that the Glazers said feck all and now we are whinging that our owner is present and communicating to the fans through the media.

Yeah, you don't have to like him but I definitely like hearing what the owners are thinking and what they are planning. Hope that continues.

Not really. I hate the Glazers. But a British Tax dodging Brexiteer Tory isn’t going to thrill me.

He’s a privileged prick of a billionaire that’s doing a victory lap of his life with our football club.

feck that shit.

Nice fans say he's a good talker but doesn't back it up..

Not really. I hate the Glazers. But a British Tax dodging Brexiteer Tory isn’t going to thrill me.

He’s a privileged prick of a billionaire that’s doing a victory lap of his life with our football club.

feck that shit.
There aren’t any good billionaires, this is true. But as owners go, I’ll take a benevolent legacy project run by a United fan born 20 minutes away any day.

As he said in the interview, things will change when the new team is in place.

People like SJR don't do the work. As long as he puts a good management team together I'll be happy that we're moving in the right direction.

He isnt even a good talker for me. He said we are trying to get to where Real Madrid are. There is no version of events that would have stopped Perez from sacking ETH at multiple points this season.

feck that shit.
First Donald Sutherland then this. You're grumpy tonight.

Freshingly open and candid in his responses. Frank about areas where he doesn’t have experience, and very clear about what has to change. Didn’t pull any punches on his analysis of what’s happened over the last decade.

Some hateful comments around, which hardly surprises me as some have a political or social agenda that they want to tie to his ownership. As a lifelong fan, I can’t remember the last time we had an owner speak so frankly and openly about their plans, and I love that. Seems very practical about what needs to be done and for me he said all the right things. We’ll see how it goes into practice, but it’s a certainly going to take some time.

I hate billionaires and this changes nothing but he talks sense. Hope he can back up his words with much needed action.

This is my concern too. Nice have gone nowhere under him. Mercedes racing and the cycling team are a bit eh. He talks the talk but can he walk the walk?

Hateful prick.

Honestly I get your reasons, and agree wholeheartedly morally, but this energy is going to exhaust you if you keep it up!

I'm happy to finally have a club that actually communicates and talks some sense. We've needed it for a long time after always being in the dark with the Glazers.

Hope his words actually come to fruition and its not all chat.

It's amazing we have already heard more from him than we have from the Glazers in all these years.

Honestly I get your reasons, and agree wholeheartedly morally, but this energy is going to exhaust you if you keep it up!

I'm happy to finally have a club that actually communicates and talks some sense. We've needed it for a long time after always being in the dark with the Glazers.

Hope his words actually come to fruition and its not all chat.

Oh it’s better. Miles better. But I still can’t stand the fella. Do the work and make us better, then show your face.

As he’s just taken a stake in the club I’m not against him speaking up but after a while I’d prefer him keep shut apart from important moments. Abramovic, Sheikh Mansour, Henry and Kronke barely ever speak/spoke. They left all of that to the CEOs they employed.

People begged for communication & somebody that's ambitious for years...

Now that we have that.... Crazy fanbase

He isnt even a good talker for me. He said we are trying to get to where Real Madrid are. There is no version of events that would have stopped Perez from sacking ETH at multiple points this season.
You missed the entire point he was making. Under Madrid’s structure yes he would have been fired, but structure wise it’s an apples to piles of horse s*** comparison.

weird to say that he hasn’t taken any action yet. Just committed to a full renovation of Carrington which was sorely needed for twenty years. That alone is worth praising but then again fans only care about transfers these days.

Freshingly open and candid in his responses. Frank about areas where he doesn’t have experience, and very clear about what has to change. Didn’t pull any punches on his analysis of what’s happened over the last decade.

Some hateful comments around, which hardly surprises me as some have a political or social agenda that they want to tie to his ownership. As a lifelong fan, I can’t remember the last time we had an owner speak so frankly and openly about their plans, and I love that. Seems very practical about what needs to be done and for me he said all the right things. We’ll see how it goes into practice, but it’s a certainly going to take some time.
Agenda or not, our society allowing billionaires to exist is the root of all evil in this world. He could be a good fella (he isn't) and he'd still deserved all the shit he is getting.

To be completely honest, we should just try to eat him. I think he would taste quite good.

Interesting watch. He makes some valid points - highlighting the errors we've made and issues we face. Most pretty obvious, but good to hear someone in that role saying it.

A few worrying moments that make him sound surprisingly naive given his age and experience - he talks like he bought into the club not aware of many of the things needing fixing at the club; or about gardening leave for new staff appointments; FFP rules / multi-club ownership seem to be puzzling him; Seems quite unclear how a lot of the off-field PL works, etc.

Pleased to hear him talk about using Nice to blood youngsters for United, especially foreign ones that's harder for United to sign since Brexit. That's a big advantage that other teams have benefitted from so hopefully we can as well.

What I took from the interview was renewed confidence that Jimmy knows what he's doing. Whether he actually knows what he's doing will reveal itself in time, but he gave a good interview. Fresh air stuff.

Agreed.

Yes because ETH is the reason we aren’t where Real are…

The whole situation with Nice and Tobido. That's the sort of thing that would have been entirely predictable to forsee and I don't get what whinging about it like a spoilt child is going to do to help.

When he starts doing anything helpful at all I might have a more positive view but so far all we've had is some self absorbed "Wembley of the North" vanity posturing, whining about rules that he should have already been well aware of, and idiotic/counter productive press leaks.

I would also give him the benefit of the doubt that there was no plan to bring in Southgate, but the side eye of suspicion will remain on that.

I take it you have a good reason for that?
Edit. Is it because he has kept Ten Hag.

It could be because he's a billionaire tory scumbag?

There's no requirement to like dislikeable human beings just because they become associated with Man Utd. And doing so is actually a bit weird when you think about it logically instead pf with football fan glasses on

He is loving the attention. Fulfilled his life long dream of owning a big football club. Failed with the late Chelsea bid but struck out with the Glazers.

He speaks well and seems to have enough of an awareness of the what’s going on in football and at the club at the moment, which is a good thing, but I’d still rather he take a back seat once we have the proper people in place (which I’m sure is the plan).