Biggest clubs per league

I think analytics goes well beyond following, although that surely is a data point. If they used analytics from my twitter feed the would surely know that by far the poultry 1,500 followers I have, are mostly fellow Chelsea fans. They would know that most of the football media that I follow is centered around Chelsea. They would know that most of the transfer tweets I click on are Chelsea related. They would know that most of the player's tweets I click on are Chelsea related. I imagine that the analytics behind marketing to person is enough to determine what team they are most aligned with.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to convey with most of your post. Do you want a gold star for being a Chelsea Twitter ultra? Unfortunately there is no information attached to the "analysis" you posted, but to me it looks like they just took the number of social media followers of each club and then added another "total bar" that just summed all of them up to double the count. The latest FML lists Chelsea at 110mil social media followers and what do you know? That corresponds perfectly to your diagram.. United are listed with 176,8 million followers on FML and what you do you know? It looks like a perfect match. Liverpool at 105 million followers.
It seems like this careful analysis 100% mirrors the follower numbers, what a shocking coincidence.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to convey with most of your post. Do you want a gold star for being a Chelsea Twitter ultra? Unfortunately there is no information attached to the "analysis" you posted, but to me it looks like they just took the number of social media followers of each club and then added another "total bar" that just summed all of them up to double the count. The latest FML lists Chelsea at 110mil social media followers and what do you know? That corresponds perfectly to your diagram.. United are listed with 176,8 million followers on FML and what you do you know? It looks like a perfect match. Liverpool at 105 million followers.
It seems like this careful analysis 100% mirrors the follower numbers, what a shocking coincidence.

I am conveying that people that want to reduce analytics of social media to one or two data points really have no idea what they are discussing. There is a wealth of data for the average social media user has to determine who they follow.

I am conveying that people that want to reduce analytics of social media to one or two data points really have no idea what they are discussing. There is a wealth of data for the average social media user has to determine who they follow.

Except it seems pretty obvious that the "analysis" you have linked just summed up the followers (twice)? Therefore making the claim that 1 social media follower = 2 fans?

Doesn't matter what century it is. The Big 2 are called that for a reason. I'm not a supporter of Linfield or the Glen's but to spout the BS you've just done is a joke! Ffs mate your getting on like them two are oil funded . North Belfast is a shithole and the home of plenty of things but not football

Who do you support then? Or are you a couch fan who only watches premiership football and ignores their local game?

I'm guessing the latter but looking forward to you trying to pretend to follow Irish league.

Glentoran have been a dead club for 2 decades. Anyone who actively follows Irish league knows they're a nothing club trying to buy success and failing. Larne are bigger than them nowadays lol!

Go and start flowing your local league and attending games if you want to make opinions on it. If not stick to discussing man utd.

Crusaders went 11 years between 2010 and 2021 without losing a SINGLE Game in the league to Glentoran. Twenty-eight league games without losing to them.

Away and catch yourself on and learn a bit about MODERN DAY Irish league football if you want to commentate on it.

Last edited:
In Brasil you have more than two, but in recent years it's Flamengo and Palmeiras, but you could easily add Corinthians and São Paulo but they lack quality players atm.

Belgium:
Anderlecht, although they have been shit for a while now. Club Brugge is a clear second.

Surely Kashima Antlers and Yokohama Marinos should be in the conversation. No japanese club has had the success that Kashima Antlers have
FC Tokyo purely because they sing Y N W A (yes I’m fully aware they’ve never won the league).

Not to mention that their fanbase outside of central Jutland is tiny.

That too. I don't pay too much attention to Danish football, but would it be fair to say that Brøndby is the only club to have a real following outside of their local area?

That too. I don't pay too much attention to Danish football, but would it be fair to say that Brøndby is the only club to have a real following outside of their local area?
I would think so. Brøndby's glory days of the 80's and 90's gave them a big and varied fan base. Also outside greater Copenhagen.

Who do you support then? Or are you a couch fan who only watches premiership football and ignores their local game?

I'm guessing the latter but looking forward to you trying to pretend to follow Irish league.

Glentoran have been a dead club for 2 decades. Anyone who actively follows Irish league knows they're a nothing club trying to buy success and failing. Larne are bigger than them nowadays lol!

Go and start flowing your local league and attending games if you want to make opinions on it. If not stick to discussing man utd.

Crusaders went 11 years between 2010 and 2021 without losing a SINGLE Game in the league to Glentoran. Twenty-eight league games without losing to them.

Away and catch yourself on and learn a bit about MODERN DAY Irish league football if you want to commentate on it.
Linfield 54.
Glentoran 24.

I don't support or follow any Irish league club. Like I already said.

I'm just calling you up on your nonsense. Linfield and Glentoran are the biggest clubs in this country. Fact.

United and Liverpool are obviously biggest clubs in England but this debate made me think about it - who's bigger: Chelsea or Arsenal? I know Chelsea won Champions league twice (and Europa as well), but even then to me they represent more a 'cup club' (though they won the Prem 5 times) and have had most of their success since Roman came in, while Arsenal just seem bigger to me.