Best striker in the world: Benzema or Lewandowski?

Who is the best striker in the world at this moment in time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shame the poll wasn’t closed when it was 80/20 % the other week. Shameless how they’re changing their vote now that they’re is more proof that they were wrong initially.

This season I def gotta go with Benzema. Lewa has been pretty great too.

Easily Benzema.

MODS delete the text under my username. I think that joke has run its course now.

Never been on the Lewandowski hype train and never will. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, put strikers like Kane, Haaland, Benzema, Salah, Mane etc. etc. in the flagship German team and their stats would be cosmic as well.

Aubameyang managed to outscore him in that league, despite playing for a vastly inferior team. Enough said.

Just add one more thing: where are the "if only Lewandowski would be playing, Bayern would have gone through" merchants now? When they failed against PSG last year, the CAF was filled with idiots predicting that Lewandowski can carry this team when the going gets tough!

He played both legs against Villarreal. The flagship German team failed against the 7th placed La Liga team.

Last edited:
Not even a debate anymore. Lewa is good, but this season is Benzema's. Insane.

He will never admit it, but Rihanna changed this man's life.

As if I needed a confirmation but Benzema is clearly the best striker in the world and probably best player. Watch them give the award to Salah when the scousers inevitably win the CL having played EL teams all the way to the finals though.

Benzema deserves the Balon Dor. Best player in the world this season.

His all round game is surreal, kept hold of possession when under immense pressure. Liverpool simply couldn’t handle him and Modric tonight

Reckon this thread will be quite active next season now they're both in the same league.

Clasico's will be a lot better this season.

Benzena won the balón d'or

9e43b23c-05ab-4797-8836-70cc30879a03.jpg

Lewandowski is a bottler. I lost count of how many times he'd freeze for Bayern in key matches in the CL.

Lewandowski is a better goal scorer. Benzema has the better season last season, and deserves the Balón d'or.

Benzema for me is a better all round player and more clutch. Benzema has done it over and over and over at the highest levels, something the Pole hasn't quite managed. Lewandowski has never been able to carry Bayern the way Benzema has carried Real - in fact Lewandowski has faded at key moments in CL.

I'm not swayed by hattricks against Hertha or Koln, I want to see clutch goals in CL semis and finals.

Lewandowski the better goalscorer

Benzema the better player.

Lewandowski would have never played with Ronaldo, because his all around game isn't as good as Benzema, he is mostly at the end on the plays to score, while Benzema could play as 10.

Benzema deserved his ballond'or. But to state that he has been consistent is rewriting history. Although tbf he had to sacrifice his game for a certain Cristiano Ronaldo.

Comparing Benzema and Lewandowski is difficult. Both have had one outstanding season in the UCL; Benz last season and Lewa in 2019/2020 season for which he deserved the ballond'or.
But for most of Benzema's career he was supporting cast and Lewandowski played in the bundesliga, not really a strong league.

Yeah, it's still Lewandowski.....got robbed by the French Magazine 2 years in a row anyways
He deserved it in 2020 but at best debatable for 2021 quite simply because no player should win it based on scoring goals for Bayern in the bundesliga. Like Rivaldo in 1999, Messi won it based on the Copa America. He also had a very good second half of the season for Barcelona.

Benzema obviously deserved this award but Lewandowski should have two, atleast one, to his name already.

Benzema ofcourse had to play second fiddle to Ronaldo for a lot of his career and that would have diminished his numbers, would still give the overall better player for their whole careers do Lewandowski.

Got the goal and win in the Clasico and now won the Balon Dor, this is getting close.

He's good but not as good as Lioniano Messaldo

You are a Messaldo fan boy.

Benzadowski has won stuff in other countries, has Messaldo?

When was the last time you saw Messaldo’s six pack?
Could Messaldo do it on a rainy day in Stoke? And by it I mean make friends in adult life?
Has Messaldo had anything up his bum?

Didn’t think so…Benzadowski for the win

Lewa was the best striker in the world, but now that his supporting cast is of lesser qualitiy he no longer is.
Benzema wins this one fair and square.

You are a Messaldo fan boy.

Benzadowski has won stuff in other countries, has Messaldo?

When was the last time you saw Messaldo’s six pack?
Could Messaldo do it on a rainy day in Stoke? And by it I mean make friends in adult life?
Has Messaldo had anything up his bum?

Didn’t think so…Benzadowski for the win
His own head?

Lewandowski is a bottler. I lost count of how many times he'd freeze for Bayern in key matches in the CL.

Ridiculous, scored four against Real Madrid in a CL semi final, scored numerous goals in important games as they won the 2020 CL. Even last week he scored two goals against Inter…

Ridiculous, scored four against Real Madrid in a CL semi final, scored numerous goals in important games as they won the 2020 CL. Even last week he scored two goals against Inter…
Since that Dortmund game (more than a decade ago) he has played a gazillion times against Madrid, and has had a poor showing almost every single time.

Tbf in the 2020 CL one-tie games he scored the 6th goal in the 8-2 against Barcelona and the 3rd goal in the 3-0 against Lyon. Not hugely important goals.

He was better against Chelsea in February though (+ a pen in the 4-0 return leg in august), and still deserved the award for his incredible form throughout the year.

Still as a CL run it's good but not a particularly impressive one.

I love Benzema so much. He's been so good in so many seasons, and has always been way more than just a goalscorer. The recency bias has been more than dwarfed by having his name engraved into an award like this one.

Lewa absolutely deserved the BdOr in the Covid year too.

Edit: I think it's a tie for me between both...