Ben Chilwell

He used to be decent, but has looked an absolute liability whenever I have seen him recently. Along with the injuries and the presumed high salary, no thanks.

Nobody is buying him on those wages. He will be a loan and I think we should pursue this.

Very good player when fit and for the price of the level of fullback we will require we don’t have the funds. This fills the gap until next summer.

Last edited:
He is an alright player when he is actually fit, which isn't often sadly. With his injury record and wages i wouldn't even take him as a free agent right now, let alone a transfer fee which Chelsea think they will get for him. Good luck with that is all i'm saying. These reports are just Chelsea using Uniteds name to try and get other clubs interested. Having a hard time seeing Ineos going anywhere near Chilwell.

He’s certainly not as bad as people are making out. I’d go nowhere near him with his injury issues though.

He’s pretty bad these days. Injuries have completely decimated him. People can have their views on how good or bad he was at his peak, I think he was a brilliant LB under Tuchel, others think he was average, but it’s fairly clear he’s a million miles away from the player he was in 2021.

Was that while they were still laughing after we offered them Sancho?

Can we get 60 games out of Shaw, Malacia, Mazraoui/Dalot and Chillwell?

I would say no.

Decent player when fit, but...

Games missed through injury in the last three seasons.

Luke Shaw - 55
Ben Chilwell - 100

Would that be Chelsea or Chilwell's management that are offering themselves?

I kinda like the pro-activeness of another team phoning up and asking if they wanted one of there duds...I can only hope United have called every team in Europe this summer offering Sancho/Antony as a BOGOF offer.

A cheeky loan then possibly…. He’s still a good player just the injuries are terrible and we don’t need more of that. We’ve seen with Cucurella and Regulion that these guys can bounce back and become solid players again

Yeah the injuries are my only concern

No way we should consider any kind of deal other than a loan, with an option to terminate in January, similar to Reguilon last year.

Decent player when fit, but...

Games missed through injury in the last three seasons.

Luke Shaw - 55
Ben Chilwell - 100
Jesus!
Fullback is such a hazardous position to play.
We should probably develop some protection pants that helps to keep their spaghetti legs unbroken.