Ballon d'Or 2021 | Lewandowski robbed again

I think Cristiano's fanboys votes got divided between him, Benzema and Lewa :lol:

The funny part is that many Cristiano fans were calling Bundesliga a "farmers league" before it was revealed that Lewandowski would be the rival for Messi in the Balloon contest.
Apparently now they rate Bundesliga very high to imply that scoring in Bundesliga for Bayern is harder than scoring in La Liga for a very underwhelming Barca team who didn't challenge for the title.

Weird logic consistency indeed.

Ofcourse, see in my opinion as long as Messi is playing he is the best player in the world. He had a phenomenal 2021, if Lewa won I Wouldn't complaint, but Messi deserved 2021 as much as Lewa

There wasn't much between them. I had Messi slightly ahead by virtue of his performances at the Copa, and i wouldn't have complained had Lewandowski won.

Having said that, I hope Lewandowski wins the next Balón D'or. I think Messi has had his fill, with 7 :D

There wasn't much between them. I had Messi slightly ahead by virtue of his performances at the Copa, and i wouldn't have complained had Lewandowski won.

Having said that, I hope Lewandowski wins the next Balón D'or. I think Messi has had his fill, with 7 :D

Pretty unlikely considering there's a World Cup in 2022.

Forgot about that. I agree that the world cup will play the biggest role in the Balón D'or.

Yeah, it'll take him massive stats in the CL + at least a CL final + a team with no star winning the world cup (like italy or spain) in order for him to win it. Otherwise, it'll go to someone else.

Yeah, it'll take him massive stats in the CL + at least a CL final + a team with no star winning the world cup (like italy or spain) in order for him to win it. Otherwise, it'll go to someone else.

I don't think that what you're suggesting is farfetched. He's still the best striker on the planet by a country mile and assuming Bayern dont go out early, he'll have a good chance at ending top scorer (and the world cup could easily go to one of the two countries you've mentioned).

It remains to be seen.

I don't think that what you're suggesting is farfetched. He's still the best striker on the planet by a country mile and assuming Bayern dont go out early, he'll have a good chance at ending top scorer (and the world cup could easily go to one of the two countries you've mentioned).

It remains to be seen.

Yeah we'll see, his biggest threat will probably be Benzema since he plays for both a strong club and national team.

Messi is not so good now. If I am not wrong, Messi used to train more hours while at Barcelona. Now he's more concerned about his business than doing actual training.

Maybe lews wasnt robbed. He just lost.
Messi and CR7's fan base are huge and built up overtime(More than 10 years). It's hard for any player (Eg Haaland, Lewandowski) to outscore them in a vote based on popularity. It has to be strictly based on performance for the year.

Lewandowski's last 12 years performance cannot match Messi's last 12 years but his last 2 years is definitely comparable or some might think it's better than Messi or any players' last 2 years' performance.

Messi and CR7's fan base are huge and built up overtime(More than 10 years). It's hard for any player (Eg Haaland, Lewandowski) to outscore them in a vote based on popularity. It has to be strictly based on performance for the year.

Lewandowski's last 12 years performance cannot match Messi's last 12 years but his last 2 years is definitely comparable or some might think it's better than Messi or any players' last 2 years' performance.

2020 - Lewa better performer, no question
2020 + 2021 combined - Lewa better performer, again no question
2021 - Messi better performer (due to him dominating both Copa and La Liga vs Lewa dominating only Bundesliga)

I have never understood why Ballon D'or committee has acted so strictly when it comes to Ballon D'or 2020. It's like every football fan in the world including Messi fans agree that Lewa should have been given the award, awful awful decision-making and creates trouble for both Messi & Lewa, and rightly bitterness for Lewa. BOD committee could have easily avoided that by doing the right thing and award Lewa for 2020, again that decision makes zero sense. Sometimes, I am thinking maybe this is a Germany vs France thing (if there is still such as thing).

So let's say Ronaldo somehow wins the European cup for a record 6th time ( tying gento's classical record) but crashes out of the world cup in the playoffs , and messi on the other hand manages to win the world cup with his country.

Who gets it?

So let's say Ronaldo somehow wins the European cup for a record 6th time ( tying gento's classical record) but crashes out of the world cup in the playoffs , and messi on the other hand manages to win the world cup with his country.

Who gets it?
World cup winner will get it because it's the world cup.

Even Luka Modric who did not win the world cup got it despite only scoring one from open play and missing a penalty (non-shootout)

Isn't there a newer Lewandowski thread?

I think that is something that should be mentioned. If you see the frequency with which he posted ads for them and was in TV spots for them it must have been a financially very attractive contract...

Huawei confirmed. The contract was worth about 5 million EUR.

Last edited:

Who gets it?

World Cup >>>>>>> European cup

World cup winner will get it because it's the world cup.

Even Luka Modric who did not win the world cup got it despite only scoring one from open play and missing a penalty (non-shootout)

modric was still amazing in the WC as well as being amazing in CL that year.

Who gets it?
Ronaldo cause he fecking deserves it if he can drag this shower of shit over the line

Sorry - I took this old thread again because of the statement Lewandowski set with finishing that sponsoring contact - and then instead that stupid fanboy behaviour or dick comparisons with CR7 etc. start...

Last edited:
Isn't there a newer Lewandowski thread?

I think that is something that should be mentioned. If you see the frequency with which he posted ads for them and was in TV spots for them it must have been a financially very attractive contract...

Huawei confirmed. The contract was worth about 5 million EUR.

Great gesture. Wish more star players would take stances like this, especially the two super super stars of the last decade

Great gesture. Wish more star players would take stances like this, especially the two super super stars of the last decade

Which sponsors do Ronaldo and Messi have who work with Russian hackers?

modric was still amazing in the WC as well as being amazing in CL that year.
If Modric won it that year then iniesta shoukd have won it in 2010 or sneijder. That midriff win was so baffling.

As for 2020 Lewa should have won it and same as last season.