Are Newcastle on TV too much? Yes.

You've never drunk Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine? The pope's new castle.
Or visited any of the dozens of towns and villages in France called Châteauneuf?

Places called Neuf Château, or Neufchâteau, too. So, it could be both.

Both translate as new castle.

Even nouveau Château translates as new castle. I had in my head that it was feminine (like la maison), but it's masculine.

Such are the vagaries of the French language.

Even nouveau Château translates as new castle. I had in my head that it was feminine (like la maison), but it's masculine.

There's only one Neufchâteau in France which is in Lorraine which has been French and German over the years.

You could also have neuf châteaux which means nine castles.

Newcastle fans complaining about the tv times seems a bit lacking in self awareness. They're on tv lots now purely due to the money that's been pumped in, or would they rather never be on and Mike Ashley back in charge? Just be grateful.

In Portuguese, Spanish and probably a bunch of other languages you can have the adjective before or after the noun, sometimes changing the connotation.

Novo castelo

sounds more formal/poetic than

Castelo novo

Is there any easy way of checking which teams have been televised the most (Prem games only)?

It does feel like Newcastle are always on.

It also feels like Chelsea are never on, which I am grateful for really.

No, it's probably a lot better than some English people posting in English:)

The ironic thing is that I spent an entire year learning French after I graduated from university. I was working in a cinema at the time and used to go to the library specifically to study before starting my shift. Now ten years later all I remember are the basics. I think of all those hours as wasted and lament the tragedy of life. Verily, these tears will be lost forever in time, like Jamie Carragher's spit in rain.

The ironic thing is that I spent an entire year learning French after I graduated from university. I was working in a cinema at the time and used to go to the library specifically to study before starting my shift. Ten years later all I remember are the basics. I think of all those hours now as wasted and lament the tragedy of life. These tears will be lost forever in time, like Jamie Carragher's spit in rain.

I spoke German as well as I did French when I was younger but lack of practice , it's now way behind. Anyway, never be embarrassed to have a go.

The ironic thing is that I spent an entire year learning French after I graduated from university. I was working in a cinema at the time and used to go to the library specifically to study before starting my shift. Now ten years later all I remember are the basics. I think of all those hours as wasted and lament the tragedy of life. Verily, these tears will be lost forever in time, like Jamie Carragher's spit in rain.

I had a French partner for 20 years and it eventually got to the stage where I could, very occasionally, fool the odd French person that I was French, which is a challenge!

8 years later, I'm gradually losing vocabulary due lack of speaking French and opportunities to speak French are few and far between. Dommage.

I had a French partner for 20 years and it eventually got to the stage where I could, very occasionally, fool the odd French person that I was French, which is a challenge!

8 years later, I'm gradually losing vocabulary due lack of speaking French and opportunities to speak French are few and far between. Dommage.
Why on earth would you want to pose as a Frog in the first place :confused:

Newcastle fans complaining about the tv times seems a bit lacking in self awareness. They're on tv lots now purely due to the money that's been pumped in, or would they rather never be on and Mike Ashley back in charge? Just be grateful.
Their match going fans are pretty phenomenal to be honest, one of the biggest draws of that club is the fanatical support home and away. They have every right to complain, they aren't watching it on tv, they're having to sort out late night transport and go to work the next day!

So I knew that Arsenal Spurs were playing on Sunday and I planned my day around watching the Fortuna, taking a walk to get some autumn sun and returning to watch the NLD. Only to find out the NLD was played at 15h and the prime time spot at 17:30h is taken by fecking Wolves against Newcastle.
How is this possible? How fecking corrupt are those TV schedules? And how can we hope for City getting anywhere near an appropriate punishment with their oil state owners when there mere fact of Saudi ownership has Newcastle being on TV week in week out, no matter how crap the fixture, even at the expense of a game like the NLD?

So I knew that Arsenal Spurs were playing on Sunday and I planned my day around watching the Fortuna, taking a walk to get some autumn sun and returning to watch the NLD. Only to find out the NLD was played at 15h and the prime time spot at 17:30h is taken by fecking Wolves against Newcastle.
How is this possible? How fecking corrupt are those TV schedules? And how can we hope for City getting anywhere near an appropriate punishment with their oil state owners when there mere fact of Saudi ownership has Newcastle being on TV week in week out, no matter how crap the fixture, even at the expense of a game like the NLD?

Agree that Newcastle are on the TV too much. Seems like some kind of diplomatic deal they may have struck.

However, NLD at 2 PM maybe down to them trying to have a feisty derby at an earlier slot for social reasons.

Agree that Newcastle are on the TV too much. Seems like some kind of diplomatic deal they may have struck.

However, NLD at 2 PM maybe down to them trying to have a feisty derby at an earlier slot for social reasons.

Asian TV market a possibility for Spurs v Arsenal kick off time. China 7 hours ahead, South Korea 8 for the Son fans.

Just looked, both of last season's derbies were early. The later games were Forest v City and Sheff Utd v Newcastle (again).