Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

frostbite

And people believe Arnold's extensive detective work on Mason...
- Arnold: Mason, did you do anything bad?
- M: No, I am a good boy.
- A: Do you have any proof?
- M: Cross my heart!
- A: Great!

Announcement: New evidence makes us believe he is innocent.

Yorke to Cole

And people believe Arnold's extensive detective work on Mason...
Different cases. Greenwood was already employed by United and is their player. I do trust they done a thorough investigation on that.

Anthony was signed on the back of 4-0 nil defeat to Brentford. Obviously, on the insistence of Ten Hag because he needed a right sided player and as I have said the governance of Murtough etc. went with everything he said. Hence, the reason why we chased a player who did not want to join, for for over three months.

cyberman

Isn't this one the car allegation, where he allegedly intervened when two people were fighting in his backseat?
It was retracted as well which makes it a non story. The Telegraph knows this hence the we are looking into it line at the end which would have killed this story dead. It’s very disingenuous and naughty from Ducker

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It was retracted as well which makes it a non story. The Telegraph knows this hence the we are looking into it line at the end which would have killed this story dead. It’s very disingenuous and naughty from Ducker
Yeah this is just piling on for the sake of piling on.

Now, doing due diligence on Antony as a player and still coming to the conclusion that he's worth a 80m fee + 200k/week in wages... By all means criticize the club there!

RedOrange

Even if that allegation wasn't nonsense, how exactly is United supposed to find this police report? A police report is just an internal document that a police officer wrote and filed. The existence of one isn't public information, let alone the substance of it. It's easy to say things like "well United are a big club" et cetera but it's a football club, not the fecking KGB.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Even if that allegation wasn't nonsense, how exactly is United supposed to find this police report? A police report is just an internal document that a police officer wrote and filed. The existence of one isn't public information, let alone the substance of it. It's easy to say things like "well United are a big club" et cetera but it's a football club, not the fecking KGB.
I might be missing something here but it sounds like you and @cyberman (who you quoted) actually sort of agree? Unless of course you’re just responding and general and not specifically to them.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Exactly. It’s a fecking bullshit story. It wasn’t public information. Even if it was it wouldn’t have stopped us signing him - nothing came if it. The usual bellend “fan” channels jumping on it to create yet more toxicity to generate clicks. Rinse. Repeat. The never ending negative news cycle.

AngliaRed

One of the girls accusing Antony of assault has dropped her case.

He still has 2 outstanding but massive news.

OmarUnited4ever

Here is the key part in the telegraph article by Ducker: -

It is understood the police report has since been retracted in full.

The club only became aware of the police report via media reports in Brazil this month when they were also shared by Antony’s representatives.

De Freitas and the other woman in the car accused each other of assault. De Freitas initially accused Antony of assault but she is understood to have subsequently withdrawn the allegation.
Very manipulative by the media indeed, they knew all of this when the Brazilian media initially reported this and I bet they also knew about the other police report filed by the other woman accusing Antony's accuser of assault, yet, they chose to label her as a victim of DV to amplify the story against Antony.

It seems obvious now that the banker and this one are BS cases against Antony.

Let's see what is the outcome of the actual police report and investigation on the allegation made by the GF, those are very serious that need to be properly looked into.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If all the other two cases are similarly dropped, I can't wait to see how the media apologise for dragging Antony through this, and really looking at themselves in today's environment and the role they play.

Right?

DevilsOwn

What is a real way back/ appropriate time for Antony to be back in the squad?

With two (?) of the accusations either reportedly taken back/ discredited, should we be seriously looking at moving ahead with getting him back.

Or should the club wait for the Brazilian police investigation to get over (which could be a really long drawn process)?

stw2022

He should have played at weekend to be honest. If he's asked for time away then I understand but for me he's playing when he's ready

Bwuk

This is why we should let the legal system do its job.

He’s never shaking this. He’ll be called an abuser for the rest ofhis time in England.

DevilsOwn

He should have played at weekend to be honest. If he's asked for time away then I understand but for me he's playing when he's ready
This is why we should let the legal system do its job.

He’s never shaking this. He’ll be called an abuser for the rest ofhis time in England.
There is a reason why legal systems are based on "innocent until proven guilty" tenent.

But, in court of public opinion nothing matters but sensationalism/ faux- moral highhandness.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
There is a reason why legal systems are based on "innocent until proven guilty" tenent.

But, in court of public opinion nothing matters but sensationalism/ faux- moral highhandness.
How do you feel about the investigations into Russell Brand, a bad thing?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is this the one who said she met him for business that was proven to be false.
No it’s the fight in his car between two women whilst driving from a nightclub. The one where after reading the article you didn’t have a clue what he had supposedly done but the media still made it look like another DV accuser had come forward in their headlines.

Doracle

Ducker and the Telegraph are a disgrace
Agree with this. They lead with the fact United “didn’t know” about a random police report, which had been dropped, rather than apologising to Antony for previously omitting to mention that the allegations had been withdrawn long ago (instead describing them as “fresh allegations” when they first reported them).

DevilsOwn

I am not aware of the Russel Brand case. (Not from UK, and this has not made big news here).

My point though is that every case has its own merits/demerits. But media/social media just needs sensational news and hangs out the accused to dry.

In every case, Anthony/Russel Brand/etc, careers shouldn't be ruined because of an accusation. Justice has to take its time and innocent until proven guilty, adhered to.

(P.S. i am personally of the clear opinion that if proven guilty then DV/Sexual Abuse offenders should be dealt with strictest punishment possible. )

stw2022

Is it because he's not white that people constantly think Antony has been accused of sexual crimes and why do many people draw comparisons with cases where people have been accused of rape, attempted rape and sexual assault?

I really think we need to get to the bottom of why we think this is happening and why we'd want to rule out racism as to why this keeps happening

Crimson King

This basically describes all of Ducker's journalism. He just writes to inflame and push narratives.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
I am not aware of the Russel Brand case. (Not from UK, and this has not made big news here).

My point though is that every case has its own merits/demerits. But media/social media just needs sensational news and hangs out the accused to dry.

In every case, Anthony/Russel Brand/etc, careers shouldn't be ruined because of an accusation. Justice has to take its time and innocent until proven guilty, adhered to.

(P.S. i am personally of the clear opinion that if proven guilty then DV/Sexual Abuse offenders should be dealt with strictest punishment possible. )
The media, very clearly, covers different cases differently. Antony's case isn't at all covered as Greenwood's. Or Brand's. And, people are reacting to the cases differently, because the cases are different.

Innocent until proven guilty is adhered to. No one is sent to prison without being found guilty in a court of law.