Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time to call it time on him being a starter on the right wing spot. He simply isn't producing anything. He gives us an option outwide and it basically starts and ends there. God knows what has happened to his delivery in recent times. He used to find rooney's head for fun now his crosses are pointless ones. Over hit or under hit, or low and too hard aimed at no one in particular. He's making getting past his man almost look like an impossible task. Play him as a right back or sell.

For all the stick he is getting from me, he is actually looking very good in Europe this year. It's really weird, if there is one player who, looking by his abilities, would suit Premiership better and less suited for Champions league, that's Valencia. Very good half IMO.

He's been better this season than last, some of you just hold unbelievably irrational grudges.

Getting tired of saying he is having quite a good season and a massive improvement over last. An important player for us

For all those writing him off and wanting him gone, you are idiots.

Getting tired of saying he is having quite a good season and a massive improvement over last. An important player for us

For all those writing him off and wanting him gone, you are idiots.

I don't think anyone can disagree with that, he's definitely better than last year and at least looks very motivated/fit.

Not sure if you are serious Randall, improved from last year? Yes. Good season? Definitely not. Now tell me how many times he has dribbled past his wing-back this season? He is a worse dribbler these days than Ashley Young.

However he certainly looks a much better player when we play Kagawa as a number 10 and a left-winger who has a strong link-up and dynamic offense. Then Valencia can be Valencia and just wait for a good ball in front of him to run at.

Still far far far from the world-class winger he once was and still not one of our 2 best wingers but he doesn't look useless offensively then.

Having a good game, however, he had a very good game against these last time too and went back to total mediocrity in the league so I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Can he play against Leverkusen every week? Because we never see these kind of performances otherwise these days.

Beating one man and then consistency failing to find anyone with his unaimed hopeful crosses isn't exactly my definition of great, but at least his confidence is improving.

He was better than Nani for 88 minutes.

Were their players that slow or is Valencia THAT fast? He looked ridiculously quick today. Talk about driving our team forwards. His crosses are still somewhat short of world class, but that was a terrific performance.

Beating one man and then consistency failing to find anyone with his unaimed hopeful crosses isn't exactly my definition of great, but at least his confidence is improving.

He was better than Nani for 88 minutes.

He was better than Nani full stop.

Were their players that slow or is Valencia THAT fast? He looked ridiculously quick today. Talk about driving our team forwards. His crosses are still somewhat short of world class, but that was a terrific performance.

I think Emre Can is everything but left back, but I am not too sure.

Worked very hard and looked sharp. Best performance of the season.

Haven't seen him getting in such good positions for ages. He really had the freedom of that right wing tonight. Give him the credit he deserves, he put in a terrific effort for the team. He was looking beastly on some of those counter attacks.

While I am glad he's had great game, would love to see more of this, but I can bet he'll turn to his mediocrity at the weekend.

Indeed, but then Nani did something Valencia would be wholly incapable of, which is why I'd always rather he was in the team, personally.

Indubitably! However, Valencia was very good filling in for Giggs when he was out of position. In a midfield 2 we need player of Valencia's work ethic and understanding of the game.

The faster the other players play the more it contributes to his game.

The beast is back....

I hope so as he was awesome tonight when on form the best wide man in the league by a distance for me. (been waiting to say this for a season and a half granted)

I see working hard and running a lot now equals a great match. Its a shame expectations have dropped so for that to be regarding so highly.

His end product is just non existent. He couldn't deliver a good cross if his life depended on it.

The beast is back....

:lol:

I hope this is a joke. Go and watch Valencia circa 10/11. That was genuinely a beast. Beating people with ease and then putting in perfect crosses. He's nowhere near doing that any more. The only defenders he beats are the crap ones.

Bump. Good solid game. If that was his normal level I don't think we'd complain anywhere near as much. He does have versatility in his game, it's just hidden most of the time.......

Status
Not open for further replies.