Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him receive the ball sucks the joy out of the game and makes me feel dead inside. On the rare occasion he actually manages to somehow stumble past his man, you just know the final ball will let him down.

Watching him receive the ball sucks the joy out of the game and makes me feel dead inside. On the rare occasion he actually manages to somehow stumble past his man, you just know the final ball will let him down.

On the rare occasions I have sex whenever I need to put off an orgasm I think of Tony V tearing down the wing.

Poor game for him - and that is judging him by the piss poor standards he has set himself over the past 18 months

Atrocious first half, but he certainly upped his game in the second and did what he should have done all game - just run past a much, much slower Kolarov. In retrospect, he was one of our better players in the last 30 minutes or so alongside Rooney, Evra and Cleverley. All in all, it was a deserved loss and nobody played well.

I think I've now got to the point where I don't think Valencia will ever get back to being the player he was... I've defended and tried to cut him slack where I can and where he deserves it, but I do think now that he's done for

Just to add to the above post, I realised the moment where I officially came to this belief was his utterly pathetic dive and equally ridiculous hissy fit afterwards... I don't even think Ashley Young was proud of that one.

The thing is, he's supposed to be in the side for his defensive ability and workrate. Yesterday he offered no protection to Smalling; Nasri and Kolarov had a field day. So what was he doing...?

You just expect him to start no matter what with the reason being he protected his fullback so well. Yesterday he didn't even provide that. Him and Young are soul destroying.

Pointless footballer, every time he gets the ball 9 times out of 10 I expect the attack to break down

He's been a good outlet and plays very well with Rafael. Not a performance to criticise him over. And he just hit the post right there.

Yeah, not much to criticise. One of his better performances this season.

Valencia has had so much space in this game but really not done enough with it. It's all about choosing the right option and far too often he doesn't. There just isn't enough variation in his game.

Valencia has had so much space in this game but really not done enough with it. It's all about choosing the right option and far too often he doesn't. There just isn't enough variation in his game.

Which is what you would play Nani for. With Valencia it isn't about variation but doing the simple and effective things, rinse and repeat. He's done that and on another day we would be 3-0 up easily.

He's been a good outlet and plays very well with Rafael. Not a performance to criticise him over. And he just hit the post right there.

Matt Jarvis would've hit the post from there. He's so average.

Wish he could cross..... I really do!!!! His great everywhere expect the final 3rd. Can't argue with todays game usual Valencia 7.

He's so hesitant in everything he does. It's like he has Young telling him what to do in one ear and Nani doing the same in the other.

Frankly I thought he was great today. Ran past players with ease, created quite a few chances (one in which Rooney should've scored and one in which Kagawa should've scored - not his fault they didn't). Some of the above posts are ridiculous reading from "supporters"

Everything other than that final ball was there tonight. Still prefer Nani on the right wing myself.

He was very good today but he still seemed a little indecisive at times. His final ball remains erratic but he did lay on a great chance for Kagawa.

Great? people really have low standards these days when it comes to wing-play they really do. Whenever he gets the ball, I feel the attack is going to slow down and he's going to wait wait and then cut the ball across to someone, happens nearly every time. Then when he has time to cross, he hesitates, then goes down the line and hits the first man. Rinse and repeat.. until he hits the post once and a decent cut back to Shinji... in 90 minutes of football that is diabolical for a United winger.

Matt Jarvis would've hit the post from there. He's so average.

I'm not saying it was an unreal shot. Good attemtp on goal and certainly an improvement on his previous one at the near post. Point is he kept breaking through or playing Rafael into acres of space, he had a good game and loads of goalscoring opportunities emerged from his runs. That ultimately is what you want from him. Of course, he could improve his crossing a bit but then, if we say Kagawa on form would have buried his chance why doesn't Valencia get the same leeway when he hasn't been playing for as long as him?

He was poor considering how much space he had at times. His indecision drives me crazy sometimes - so do his decisions.

Plays better in Europe than he does in premiership these days.

I love him when he plays like he did today. It wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but he was a constant threat and on another day could easily have scored a couple and assisted another. Moyes has got some food for thought when it comes to team selection against Stoke for the front four positions. Only Rooney is the guaranteed starter but no other player did their chances any harm today.

I'm not saying it was an unreal shot. Good attemtp on goal and certainly an improvement on his previous one at the near post. Point is he kept breaking through or playing Rafael into acres of space, he had a good game and loads of goalscoring opportunities emerged from his runs. That ultimately is what you want from him. Of course, he could improve his crossing a bit but then, if we say Kagawa on form would have buried his chance why doesn't Valencia get the same leeway when he hasn't been playing for as long as him?

Because I know 100% he's not good enough. Kagawa, I have my doubts about too, especially as a left winger... his performance level there is arguably poorer than Valencia, he's very negative on the left wing and barely does anything of note. His good moments are exclusively in central areas when he drifts inside. I'm still willing to give Shinji a chance because I want to see if he has what it takes in the hole.

Great? people really have low standards these days when it comes to wing-play they really do. Whenever he gets the ball, I feel the attack is going to slow down and he's going to wait wait and then cut the ball across to someone, happens nearly every time. Then when he has time to cross, he hesitates, then goes down the line and hits the first man. Rinse and repeat.. until he hits the post once and a decent cut back to Shinji... in 90 minutes of football that is diabolical for a United winger.

You are describing his average frustrating performance, he rarely did that today.

What's irritating your anus?

He drove the team forward on numerous occasions today - created two clear goal scoring opportunities where he would've had and should've had two assists (would that have changed your opinion? Certainly did more than any other attacking player bar Kagawa today. Rooney hit the bar once - what a f**** waste of a player.

What's irritating your anus?

He drove the team forward on numerous occasions today - created two clear goal scoring opportunities where he would've had and should've had two assists (would that have changed your opinion? Certainly did more than any other attacking player bar Kagawa today. Rooney hit the bar once - what a f**** waste of a player.

Cool, I'll let you guys fawn over him against a non-existent left wing/left back. We'll see how much 'drive' he shows when we play someone half decent again. Time and time again if you go through this thread, he's defended in a performance like this by people who haven't got a clue about wingplay and he shows his true colours soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.