Antonee Robinson

Always looks a tidy to player to me whenever i've seen him. Plus he'd backup to Shaw, Dalot and even possibly Martinez and would be a 12 month stopgap until Amass is deemed ready.

He would be a really good addition to the squad. Reliable, available. One of the better LBs in the league I’d say and could take a step up in a better team.

ffs, just sign the player they are after to replace him with. the turkish guy is such a no brainer.

Looking like Brighton have landed Kadioglu this afternoon anyway so the whole story is a non runner.

Would be a very Arnold/Murtough era move from us to let them sign the superior player and pick up their cast-off for a bigger fee. Luckily the story is bullshit as he's joining Brighton.

Do not want. Garnacho won a foot race over him fairly easily. If that had been Casemiro or Martinez, that would equate to them being slow, unable to defend the channels and poor one on one.

If Fulham is upgrading the position than Manchester United shouldn't be signing the player Fulham deemed not good enough. I would assume our goal would include finishing ahead of the likes of Fulham.

Would be a very Arnold/Murtough era move from us to let them sign the superior player and pick up their cast-off for a bigger fee. Luckily the story is bullshit as he's joining Brighton.

Robinson is far from being deemed not good enough or a cast off at Fulham. Robinson was voted their player of the season for 23/24 and for what it's worth he's a fan favorite.

More over, his availability has been unmatched at the club since he signed four seasons ago. He's been a starter since he joined them and has only missed 4 PL matches to injury in his last two seasons

He was easily among the top 5 leftbacks in the league last season and was the only fullback across Europe's top 5 leagues to make the top 10 list in most interceptions. Robinson also created the joint most assists from open play for a fullback last season in the league. If anything I find him quite underrated

I don't mind Robinson as a potential back up if Shaw can stay fit.

I do love the fact that Player's Player of the Year or Fan's Player of the Year keep being mentioned as a positive in potential signings though. Gustavo Hamer anyone?

It genuinely seems like someone got Brighton and Fulham confused and then added some rumors together, coming to a conclusion that Robinson to United is the next piece of a domino to fall.

Whatever price they want for him will 100% be more than what we should spend on him. We could really use an extra body there but I'd rather go into the season like this and spend the money on an elite LB next year. I don't want a back up for Shaw, I want the man replaced. You can't rely on him, sadly.

If Fulham is upgrading the position than Manchester United shouldn't be signing the player Fulham deemed not good enough. I would assume our goal would include finishing ahead of the likes of Fulham.
Different circumstances, we might need a cheap player to cover for our current injuries.
We don't have the scope with PSR to spend alot on a LB atm.

Not my first choice - but he is a good player and more importantly - he misses about as many games as Bruno. Played on average 36 games a season in the league over the last 3 seasons - that is impressive

I reckon we're not in the LB market. Shaw might / might not be fit in a few weeks and ETH is very confident Malacia's injury has now been sorted. Harry Amass played is a tremendous prospect and if the club can let him progress for another year while keeping shaw / malacia fit, i don't like the idea of signing someone who would block Amass' progress if we can get the other two fit for one more season

I don't know why they would have been looking to replace him considering he was their POTS last year and in with a shout of being in the best left-back in the league last season.

Kadioglu links were very strange, and possibly not even real (considering he's going to Brighton). If anything I'd imagine it would have been to play him at RB and/or use as a utility player.

United CF will love his crossers

Bruno and player running into box will love his 45 % angle passes from the line.

I like 2 of his offensive ball abilities.

Beside being a physical machine. Running up and down the left side.

Aggressive and a tough player.

This boy keeps running up and down the left side like crazy. He is a physical machine.

He remind me when he was scouting Andrew Robertson before he joining Liverpool from Hull City.

And his basic and overall ball skills is really good too. Special crosser and passer from the left wide side.

Best of all. He is so "attacking mind and focus". Attack, attack and attack. Up and down the left side.

Really good end product and in the final third. And really consistent = precise with the passer and crosser = CFs love him. Feed me bro, feed me bro.

Talented player, I’m enjoying the people who don’t think he’s shiny enough of a toy though.
He's good, but too old for our timeline. Already 27, he'll be 31 (and declining rapidly most likely) in 2028 when in our own CEO's words we'll actually be ready to compete for titles. Makes no sense to sign someone who's going to be an overpaid anchor on the roster by the time you get good.

Would be classic United to pay £40M and sign a big wage 5 year deal for a 28 year-old Robinson next summer. You just have to hope our new leadership is smarter than that.

think he is pretty underrated due to being american, but not worth the cost that fulham would want to sell to united. If it were a free situation and was just essentially if he was able to play here, think he would add quite a bit going down the left and people would love watching him actually provide a threat out wide from the fullback spot.

I'd personally prefer Kerkez due to his age profile. Robinson is the better player today but Kerkez has a higher ceiling imo

He still has a lot to prove at Bournemouth let alone a bigger club. He's the weakest of their defence and even lost his place to an out of position Ouattara at the end of last season. I dont think hes any better than Amass

He's good, but too old for our timeline. Already 27, he'll be 31 (and declining rapidly most likely) in 2028 when in our own CEO's words we'll actually be ready to compete for titles. Makes no sense to sign someone who's going to be an overpaid anchor on the roster by the time you get good.

Would be classic United to pay £40M and sign a big wage 5 year deal for a 28 year-old Robinson next summer. You just have to hope our new leadership is smarter than that.

Robinson is on 50k/week at Fulham. What kind of wage do you think we would be offering him that would make him overpaid? I strongly disagree with you.

He isn't too old, either. I feel like people will pull this "overpaid pensioner in a few years' time" card out whenever a player we are linked with is even a day older than 25.

Is there also anything concrete that suggests he will start rapidly declining in a few years? Or is this just FIFA logic? Plenty of good full backs in the PL alone right now, who disprove your theory.

Lucas Digne is 31, playing at a very good level for Villa. Walker and Trippier turned 31 3 years ago. Shaw is 29 and hasn't showed any signs of declining when fit. Robertson is 30 as well.

Valencia and Young at 31 both were solid squad players for a top 4 contender United side.

Mazraoui is just 3 months younger than Robinson. Does that mean signing the Moroccan in 2025 wouldn't have been worth it?

The only thing that could make this transfer not worth making is if Fulham ask for some ridiculous fee. If they are reasonable, though, then it could be a similar addition to Mazraoui. But even a £30-40m fee and ~£100k/week wages for at least 5 years of solid service from the player is worth it. He'd be 32 by the end of the contract and there's nothing to prove he will have rapidly declined by then.

Also, Berrada wants us to be winning the PL by 2028 at the latest, not become "ready to compete for titles" 4 years from now. It doesn't need to take that long for this squad and for a club with resources like United to become competitive. Arsenal in 2021/22 arguably didn't have a better squad than we do now, and all it took for them to be a title challenger was to add Jesus and Zinchenko to the team.

Last edited: