Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone thought Ducket doesn't know shit or that's impossible?

Ducker doesn't know shit, that's true, but this is straight from the club.

Which probably means it's damage control smokescreen for something else.

This is all very normal.

Show me any deal worth over 80 million bucks in football history that did not have a saga tied to it.

So let me get this straight. We were setting up a deal for months but now suddenly forced to look elsewhere..

Cause of Ibras injury?

Am I the only one who finds this strange..
Griezmann was never going to be our first choice striker. Mourinho most likely sees him as a number 10 and the lack of goals this season plus Ibra's injury of course has shifted our focus to finding an all out number 9 before we move for Griezmann.

I wonder if this means that Zlatan might be off...

Thats the spirit...we need more fans like you.

He's got a point though, the players that have been strongly linked so far are hugely underwhelming and not who we should be aiming for. Obviously, during the summer all this may be proven wrong but I have to admit I do worry about what the squad will look like coming the end of the window.

Look at how efficient City are at signing players. Why can't we do the same?

Maybe Ed hasn't fully learned.

Griezmann was never going to be our first choice striker. Mourinho most likely sees him as a number 10 and the lack of goals this season plus Ibra's injury of course has shifted our focus to finding an all out number 9 before we move for Griezmann.

I wonder if this means that Zlatan might be off...
Keeping him at the club considering his age and injury would be absolutely mental.

He will probavly not want to leave now because it would do no good to his image.

Even if he wants the move, Atletico could block it by insisting on 100 mil € in one payment and that will not happen.

Imagine 'cooling interest' in a world-class talent because a 35 year old got injured, considering Griezmann's goalscoring record something doesn't add up.

He will probavly not want to leave now because it would do no good to his image.

Even if he wants the move, Atletico could block it by insisting on 100 mil € in one payment and that will not happen.
Why?

We're backing Atletico into a corner, Griezmann wants to move and the ban will only encourage that - he said recently that he wants to win trophies and will move to do that, Atletico's ban means they have little chance of doing that next season.

Likely scenario, we don't want to pay the clause upfront, Madrid want the full fee but United won't pay it all. Problem for Atletico is they may need that cash more than people realise. They won't be able to complete many, if any, deals this summer (yes, I know they can't be registered until Jan) and don't they need to repay Carlos Slim €160m quickly for the stadium loan before he gets his hands some of the clubs shares?

It's also a question of respect for Atletico. Taking their Best player, while they can't buy any replacement, would create a bad relationship between the two clubs.

Staying on good terms with Atletico is important, for future business.

Has nothing to do with the Ibra injury, more with the ban, financially and or Griezmann not wanting to leave Atletico with no one to replace him. The club is just getting the easier solution out there.

More likely.

At times, it's all about relationships for some footballers. We often forget they are as human as everyone else.

I was so excited to see 18 new tweets when I logged on.:(
The muppet has died in me.

This makes sense given the ruling. We wanna avoid paying release clause so early (meaning a lump sum having to be paid in one go).
If we can get other deals done first (and structured in a way which is over years), then we can come back to this later in the window and pretty much make it our last singing.

If we were to pay it full now, it kinda weakens our negotiating power with other teams who would look for something similar from us knowing we have the money.

It's also a question of respect for Atletico. Taking their Best player, while they can't buy any replacement, would create a bad relationship between the two clubs.

Staying on good terms with Atletico is important, for future business.
$$$ will keep the relationship for future business.

We're gonna blow our budget on a position that we got 30 goals from last year so overall our squad won't be much better off.

Pretty fecked up situation tbh. It's like losing Zlatan and signing Lukaku, does feck all in terms of overall improvement on the squad and we're 80-100m out of pocket.

Why are people giving in so easily? Even if it is a briefing by the club, it is to generate hype and interest, so that when the real news breaks, social media attention will be an absolute high. I am sure we with spin doctors behind all these information going out. All the big transfers have their rollwr coaster rides, none of them are ever smooth sailing. This is all to generate "noise" before the big unveiling. Remember the Pogba saga last year!
But that doesn't have any CAS effect,

Not necessarily, there's been reports about Raiola & Ibra looking at other options last night and this morning.

Atletico were always going to have their ban upheld imo, they don't have as much influence as Barca or Madrid.

Nah, Raiola said this yesterday: ''He wants to stay in England, if he sees that he can be a valuable asset for United, then why not United?”

He also said Ibra has a lot of offers.

To think that Ibra's future would be decided somewhere in between is unlikely. I think that will take a while

I feel this is the case of now atletico want the full clause in one go without installments after the transfer ban and we deciding to pay that kind of money for a striker after ibra is out.

If we assume we're not on cheat code mode like the neighbors, still don't think Griezmans role is the one we need to invest in this summer.

Much more important to sort DMF, LB, CB and striker. Much.

Always seemed more of a 'brand' signing than what the squad needs.

I'm just surprised so many of you guys thought this was a done deal.

A transfer ban has massive implications all round.

Why do posters immediately place us into face saving etc. Im guessing a lot of you were bullied as children?
If we sign Lukaku then it's clear to me what happened. Costa can't go to Atletico due to the ban which negates Chelsea's need for Lukaku. This ruling could have given us a straight path to that signing. A proper number 9.

I am guessing this is to get 10m off the price. They know he wants to leave.

Seems like Woody briefed (Stone is always one of the ones he talks to) and I can't see much point in him doing that if it's not a negotiation tactic.

Atletico need the money if I'm not mistaken due to their new stadium.
They can't really get rid of 3-4 players at the moment to raise funds. It would be logical to get rid of one for a substantial amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.