2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

OldTrevil

He hasn't had the career any of us hoped he would have but he's had the highest peak of any of our attackers over the last nearly decade in my opinion.
No doubt, it's not even a debate for me. I'm sure we'll see people try and say that Zlatan was better, but it was never even close. Ibra was simply here for numbers to stroke his outsized ego, barely doing anything for the team outside of his goals and overall limiting our attack. Ever since Martial came to United, our attack consistently functioned better with him than without, and it remained the case no matter which flavour of the month signing or manager's pet that got countless undeserved minutes to be the center of attack.

One of the few bright spots post Sir Alex. In a sea of boredom and terrible football, he produced more exciting moments than probably anyone. For me, anyway. That's why I will always have fond memories of his time here despite everything.
Same here. He's the only one out of the overpaid dross we've been forced to endure in attack, that I would have actually loved to play with if I was a baller. An insanely talented football magnet that actually plays for his team rather than personal glory, even when things are chaotic around him and the environment gets toxic.

Turkey seems an option too. Personally im hoping he will join Betis in Spain. Isco failed at Seville and now does well at Betis. Martial in a team with Fekir and Isco sounds like fun football to me. Ofcourse Martial would have to pass a medical for them though... that could be tricky
We all hope that he somehow has not been permanently crocked, even though I doubt anyone would bet on it. He needs to make a very good decision on where he goes next to maximize that possiblity in all areas. For me he should look at southern Spain or Italy, in warmer weather, and then spend some serious time and money to find a top nutritionist and physiotherapist, who would work hand-in-glove with his new team resources to give me that chance.

Such a shame to see the way he ended up after promising so much but that can be football I am afraid.
It really shows up all the nonsense harped on individual trophies in football as just that. Success of an individual is way more reliant on the team and environment in this game perhaps more that any other. Such a tragedy that we didn't even get to see a glimpse of Martial's prime, to think that his best season was four years ago when he was only 24, essentially the only time he had been allowed to lead the attack since his final teenage years with LVG in charge. He was basically stunted throughout the Jose era but still pulled through admirably, even helping the latter avoid the sack for a couple of months with heroic performances.

Given his highly technical and refined playstyle, this year would have really been when he's getting into his prime years, in a team that had been stable where he would now start to combine his experience and game intelligene to maximum effect and efficiency. And due to him not primarily relying on physical attributes, he would have been able to extend that prime well into his mid thirties like a Benzema.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Dreadful and mind boggling decision to give him a contract extension under Ole/Woodward.
Signing him to a new contract was absolutely fine. He was a 23yo who had been somewhat inconsistent but had played very well at times, and the following season after signing the contract he was our best player. The wage he was given was the ridiculous thing, but the same could be said for almost all the contracts we've been handing out for the last decade.

There was no way to know that injuries would utterly destroy him 18 months later.