5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dasty

Watched him live, and I have seen 0 evidence why he is not physically ready for more first team games. We played against a strong Championship side today and he was barely troubled every time he was pressured or came in physical challenges with their players. People are too fixated on his height, thinking that just because he is short means he is weak. He is far from weak, and is actually one of the most aggressive player today. Great touches and never lost the ball. I would love him to start more games.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we sign Fernades, I hope Gomes is used as his cover for the CAM position. Unfortunately, I think that player is going to be Mata and even Lingard. We could lose Gomes if he doesn't get a proper chance in the first team.
Signing Fernandes for 60 odd million just seems so pointless when you have someone as talented as Gomes desperate for minutes.

Web of Bissaka

Made more impacts at #10/CAM than his two other senior players already.

Balance, effort, tackling :eek: , team awareness and how he hold then release the ball at the right timing at #10 or around the box are awesome.

That said, I think his performances drop off as the match goes on to the end. Maybe stamina issue.

His good understanding with Chong is very good, has to play 'em both at cup games.

Raven

Balance, effort, tackling :eek: , team awareness and how he hold then release the ball at the right timing at #10 or around the box are awesome.

That said, I think his performances drop off as the match goes on to the end. Maybe stamina issue.

His good understanding with Chong is very good, has to play 'em both at cup games.
The tackling was brilliant. He must have won the ball 3 times.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

His weight of pass is also top notch, particularly short range.

Canagel

Signing Fernandes for 60 odd million just seems so pointless when you have someone as talented as Gomes desperate for minutes.
No, It's dross like Mata and Lingard that are blocking Gomes from minutes. Fernandes or no Fernandes it's not the issue.

johanovic

Gomes is a wonderful technical player with more talent than most of the midfielders we have and have had recently. As much as I would like to see Gomes,Garner and Chong getting gametime I think sending them out to the same championship club on loan would be a smart move. United must strike up a prober working partnership with a lower league club that suits us. All these young players need to play as I belive they all have a chance to become United regulars. But I would prefer Gomes over Mata as I think striking a new deal with Mata was a mistake and Gomes has something we lack.

Raven

Gomes is a wonderful technical player with more talent than most of the midfielders we have and have had recently. As much as I would like to see Gomes,Garner and Chong getting gametime I think sending them out to the same championship club on loan would be a smart move. United must strike up a prober working partnership with a lower league club that suits us. All these young players need to play as I belive they all have a chance to become United regulars. But I would prefer Gomes over Mata as I think striking a new deal with Mata was a mistake and Gomes has something we lack.
Gomes isn't the type of talent you send out on loan. Far too good.

arthurka

Not a chance Ole will not give him plenty of minutes this season, he is absolutely fantastic. Can´t wait to watch him in the future, just hope we will be clever enough to get him signed to a long term contract.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Would be entirely wasted on loan - his talents are magnified by the quality around him and he needs that really.

His weight of pass, awareness and control/technique are top 3 in our squad.

For me it's for Ole to see that and put him in the places were he'll shine. My only slight complaint so far is that I think he could do more from the middle of the park and his finishing has been a little lacklustre, in both games he's squared up his man and sat him down only to fluff the finish - minor though. I'm all aboard the hype train. Any talk of lack of physicality etc will frustrate me no end. He's better at football and that's what matters most.

dutchred

If we sign Fernades, I hope Gomes is used as his cover for the CAM position. Unfortunately, I think that player is going to be Mata and even Lingard. We could lose Gomes if he doesn't get a proper chance in the first team.
Ihope we dont sign Fernandes. Give Angel a vote of confidence by starting hm and using Lingard and Mata as backup

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sounds like he's had another very good performance. Hope we get him to sign and then proceed to give him a relevant slot in the first team. We need all the technical class we can get.

Vissy

Some people here really believe the coaching staff is dumber than a 5 year old. Of course Gomes will get plenty of minutes & assurances of his future at the club. If we realize the problems of not playing him here as fans, what makes you think the people who work closely with the players in question and have watched them come through the ranks wouldn't?

jesperjaap

Because we need more than one player for each position.
We have got more than two though. I think Mata should have been sold simply because he doesnt fit what SOlkjear is meant to be trying to do, in fact he didnt really fit our club from the start. Really good player we shouldnt have signed in my opinion, but a new contract just crazy if its to stay at the club after career finishes, bring him back then rather than keep him, if its to keep an experienced pro for the youngsters we have dont that with ruddy JOnes and YOung too. None of them should have got new contracts.

As for Gomes, I just want to see him get chances. He obviously has the technique, big step up and not certain if he will be as big a player as some expect but he surely deserves opportunities in this current squad

mancan92

Some people here really believe the coaching staff is dumber than a 5 year old. Of course Gomes will get plenty of minutes & assurances of his future at the club. If we realize the problems of not playing him here as fans, what makes you think the people who work closely with the players in question and have watched them come through the ranks wouldn't?
You've seen our club the last few years right?

Bwuk

Whilst I don’t think he’ll make it as a deep CM, further up the pitch he looks good. Was really impressed by him today.

Gomes and Greenwood will tear up the early stages of the Europa.

NWRed

Ihope we dont sign Fernandes. Give Angel a vote of confidence by starting hm and using Lingard and Mata as backup
I couldn't agree more, I really hope these Fernandes links are Portuguese paper talk. It's time to get Gomes in the team.

Gerald G

Haha. I find it funny some think that if we don't sign Fernandes Gomes will be starting. Lingard & Mata will likely still get most minutes. We should sign Bruno but have Gomes back him up!

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He has far more physically than Mata in both Strength and pace and people are still worried about him playing first team football.

He won the ball, blocked passing lanes, pressed and generally ran his bollocks off. And of course he's quality on the ball.

Can see he's determined to make it here, just needs management to believe in him. God knows we've given chances to far more dross than Gomes over the years.

Eddy_JukeZ

I've been hugely impressed with him.

Would rather see him play than Mata any day of the week.

sveisa

Gomes v. Leeds

youtube.com/watch?v=7l_xUEljHk0

spent four hours making this

(just found it in on youtube)

Kag

His size doesn’t present an issue at all. It’s obvious even from a couple of matches. He shields the ball well and that’s half the battle. Gomes needs games this season; hopefully he gets them.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Didn't lose a single physical battle and brilliant shielding of the ball throughout to get on the half turn.

There was also a couple of times he was in great positions but wasn't found by team mates and he was pissed off. I like that, he wants the ball, demands it and is also switched on when we don't have it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Haha. I find it funny some think that if we don't sign Fernandes Gomes will be starting. Lingard & Mata will likely still get most minutes. We should sign Bruno but have Gomes back him up!
Yup.

Rossa

So we have a great prospect that is playing well, but the majority of posts in here are about us definitely losing him, and stating that as fact. This place is a depressing pit!

el3mel

What's the problem of having 2 good players challenging for one spot ? I'll never get this.

deafepl

What's the problem of having 2 good players challenging for one spot ? I'll never get this.
Some of us crying out that they want us to be challenging for everything and be the best team in the world with a top player in every position, yet not wanting to sign Bruno because we need to play our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.