5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been utter wank at the Copa America. We should sell him to PSG while he still has value.
Bollox. Really did not want to read comments like this.
Not true at all, he's been pretty good generally. Didn't see him against Uruguay as I missed that game, but he was one of Argentina's better players against Paraguay, being a threat throughout and made loads of chances. Then he got the man of the match against Jamaica. His stats were pretty decent for the Uruguay game which is all I have to go off from that, so I think you're definitely going over the top and exaggerating every bad touch or loose pass and ignoring the good things, which people tend to do to players they don't like or are frustrating. He has been a lot better then how he was the second half of last season for us, without a doubt. In fact if he played for us how he has played for Argentina, then he'd be back to being an automatic starter on the wing.

Nice performance for argentina. Could easily had 3 goals and 3 assists.

We all know he is a world class player. Hope to see him at his best again next season.

Not true at all, he's been pretty good generally. Didn't see him against Uruguay as I missed that game, but he was one of Argentina's better players against Paraguay, being a threat throughout and made loads of chances. Then he got the man of the match against Jamaica. His stats were pretty decent for the Uruguay game which is all I have to go off from that, so I think you're definitely going over the top and exaggerating every bad touch or loose pass and ignoring the good things, which people tend to do to players they don't like or are frustrating. He has been a lot better then how he was the second half of last season for us, without a doubt. In fact if he played for us how he has played for Argentina, then he'd be back to being an automatic starter on the wing.
His performance against Uruguay is nothing to write home about. I watched the game, he was absolutely abysmal. He was nothing special against Paraguay either. As for the Jamaica game, that was one of his best games in quite a while. That was the sort of level I'm hoping he can maintain next season.

He looks much improved from these highlights. Not convinced the assist was intentional but never mind... The fact he looked dangerous with the ball at his feet is the important thing.

Sounds very promising, here's hoping he can carry the form back home with him to United and start the season positively.

He was excellent last night, particularly second half. It was only Jamaica, but good to see still.

Thought we would've gotten wrecked last night but we didn't :lol:. Even Messi had a quiet game by his standard.

He definitely just doesn't get how LVG likes us to play. He's a very instinctive player and likes to play at a high tempo. When we slow things down and make "think" about playing he clearly doesn't like it.

Manchester United's Angel Di Maria hasn't had the first season at the club that he would have wished. A decent start was soon forgotten and Di Maria ended up out of the team and struggling to impress. There were of course claims that he wasn't happy and there could be a quick exit, and problems off the pitch culminated in an attempted burglary on his house. However, speaking to Ole Newspaper in Argentina, Di Maria has said it's the disappointments to do with football which have made him and his family uncomfortable.

When asked if he's been uneasy since his move to Manchester United, Di Maria said
"Yes. For me, and my family. Because not everything goes as I want, because I don't play... Because I came with an intention and end up on the bench. It's hard to tell how I feel there."

That doesn't sound great, but what balances that out is Di Maria's will to succeed. He isn't planning on going anywhere and doesn't want to run away after a difficult first season. When asked if he's thought about leaving, Di Maria said
"No, because I'm not thinking like that. In Madrid there were times when I was whistled around the stadium but faced it and then it turned around. I like to deal with things."

Di Maria said he wants to be able show the level he has previously and he's not fussed where he plays, he just wants to be on the pitch. He's not happy with being a substitute and wants to put that right, but he thinks things started well and would like to get back to that
"I started well, with goals and assists. I was having a good time, until I was out. It's a little hard to explain why I do not play."

There's little sugar coating from Di Maria. He's frustrated at being a substitute and not being able to show what he can do has left both him and his family unhappy with the situation, but he's said he's going nowhere and his determination to succeed where he is shows a good attitude and one which will help at Manchester United next season.

With an attitude like that, it's only a matter of time till he shows the BPL what a WC player he is.

If he is to play in central midfield, it would mean Herrera on the bench most games. Herrera/Di Maria should work against lesser teams, especially at home, just LvG doesn't seem keen on that particular "balance". Personally i think he can make one of the wings his position, he has the pace and dribbling, just need to take on his man more often.

The expectations/output ratio was on the lower end i suppose but he didn't have a horrible season. His interviews shows a man that wants to fight to succeed here and it's up to him to show it on the pitch. I want him to flourish here, hope he does.

Did our fans sing songs about him last season? He could do with some encouragement after burglary attempt/being benched (yes, wages/glory etc should be enough..).

Brilliant attitude and fantastic to hear how he wants to fight for his place. Doesn't sound like someone angling for a move.
Fingers crossed he will be the player we all hoped we signed, next season.
His pace and skill will scare the shit out of the PL.

He has a great attitude. Really hope he wins his place back in the side next season. He's the only player we have at the moment that gets you out of your seat.

If he is to play in central midfield, it would mean Herrera on the bench most games. Herrera/Di Maria should work against lesser teams, especially at home, just LvG doesn't seem keen on that particular "balance".
Right now I'm 100% sure he won't ever play as a midfielder under van Gaal. It's wing or bench for Di Maria.

Dude, he spent almost a full season with us and I didnt see many teams scared of him.
I remember he played in a few FA Cup games against non EPL league teams and they weren't particularly scared of him.
In fact, he has been so "unscary" that LVG decided to keep him on the bench.
Did you watch the games this season?

His pace and skill will be effective once we introduce some counter attacking game. If we continue to play as we did this season, I fear he will struggle.

Brilliant attitude and fantastic to hear how he wants to fight for his place. Doesn't sound like someone angling for a move.
Fingers crossed he will be the player we all hoped we signed, next season.
Pace and skill don't mean much since he has the strength and balance of a toddler.

It's very important that he makes the US tour, imo. fecking Copa America.

Don't find those comments encouraging at all tbh. Much preferred the earlier interviews where he admitted he wasn't good enough and wanted to work hard to earn his place in the team.

This interview leaves you with the impression he thinks he was dropped unfairly. Which simply isn't true and show a worrying lack of insight.

Don't find those comments encouraging at all tbh. Much preferred the earlier interviews where he admitted he wasn't good enough and wanted to work hard to earn his place in the team.

This interview leaves you with the impression he thinks he was dropped unfairly. Which simply isn't true and show a worrying lack of insight.

I wouldn't take the translation as gospel TBH.

Repeating the same old stuff isn't necessary. I highly doubt his mindset has suddenly changed. He's probably just realized that he's a far better player than Ashley Young and told himself that he shouldn't be behind him in the rotation. I doubt he's blaming van Gaal for that though.

Those wanting him to leave must be having a laugh. We don't just boot world class players like Di Maria out after one single bad season.

Right now I'm 100% sure he won't ever play as a midfielder under van Gaal. It's wing or bench for Di Maria.
In which case we shouldn't have bought him. the only position he was a top player was that perfect attacking midfield role at madrid, where he soaks up the space left by ronaldo and co and has acres of space in which to counter attack into.
At united he has to be the main man, in a new system the entire squad himself included is getting to grips with, even at benfica he was never a top top winger.

Those wanting him to leave must be having a laugh. We don't just boot world class players like Di Maria out after one single bad season.
Not at all. The position he's best in is in midfield but he's not the right man for our midfield despite how good we know he can be. He doesn't have the right supporting cast either and looks way too lightweight to play in the PL. I mean when players like Fellaini and Rooney are outperforming you in midfield, you know something's up.

So the only position we can play him is on the wing where inconsistency is an understatement. He's nothing special on the wing, basically another Nani, who on his day can be great but when it's not, is absolutely dreadful.

If it was up to me, I'd sell him while his stock is still high. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why we bought him especially since we don't really need him.

There's no point in keeping him in hope he'll regain form. There's no room for sentimentality anymore, especially when we don't need Di Maria. In fact, that's why we are where we are right now post-Fergie. Look at Chelsea, they're getting rid of Cuadrado because he just doesn't look the same player for them as he did for Fiorentina.

Not saying we have to sell him but there's nothing wrong in people wanting to do so. Not sure why it's so ridiculous when he's been so shit for large parts of he season.

Exactly how I took it. Was stunned to read people praising him a few posts above.

That interview is quite worrying. Someone needs to tell him that he's not been playing 'cos he's been shite.

Not saying we have to sell him but there's nothing wrong in people wanting to do so. Not sure why it's so ridiculous when he's been so shit for large parts of he season.

Because it's fecking retarded spoiled Football Manager nonsense. Shiny thing not working right away. Me want new shiny thing now.

Especially the season after two of our most hated players, half as talented as Di Maria, who everyone wanted sold 12 months ago, ended up amongst our best performers with the slightest change of attitude and confidence.

But yeah. Lets sell our most expensive, creative and potentially talented player without giving him a similar chance. Nothing wrong with that. Lets sell Mata too, and Januzaj, and all of our brand new players who haven't set the world alight yet. Selling people off's become almost as muppety a signing them this season. Lets just start from scratch every year till we get it right.

Sack Louis, Sell Angel

Last edited:
I'm glad hes determined to stay. I have no doubt he will be at the club next season and I really hope he finds his footing with the team but it doesnt help that he'll start the season late due to Coppa America.

I don't get Barcelona link. They're not allowed to register players for 6 more months, they have the best front three in the world and they surely wouldn't pay €85m for a player they couldn't use until January who'll be 27 by then?

Then again he'd be perfect for their midfield really, good workrate, good link up play with forwards and he's already excelled there in Spain. Could be an option.

I don't get Barcelona link. They're not allowed to register players for 6 more months, they have the best front three in the world and they surely wouldn't pay €85m for a player they couldn't use until January who'll be 27 by then?

Then again he'd be perfect for their midfield really, good workrate, good link up play with forwards and he's already excelled there in Spain. Could be an option.

He would be pretty much perfect in the trio behind the front 3

Yep. They would play him in his best position in midfield and he would be a fantastic signing for them.

I also doubt they would be put off by the registry problem. They signed Suarez despite him being suspended until November.

Yep. They would play him in his best position in midfield and he would be a fantastic signing for them.

I also doubt they would be put off by the registry problem. They signed Suarez despite him being suspended until November.
Well, he's 27 now and they'd be getting a nearly 28-year old player in January. Also, his form at United has gone down singificantly. While I believe they might be interested, I don't buy into €85m fee.

Maybe they even wanted him last year but knew Real Madrid wouldn't sell to them, so they let him go to us knowing they could probably sign him from us in the future. Conspiracy level hard.

It's plausible imo. He's almost the exact same age that Suarez was when they signed him and €85m is actually less than they paid in that deal iirc. His reputation in Spain must still be stellar after his last season there and I don't think they will be worried about his awful form in a different league and in positions where they wouldn't play him. Plus he's Messi's mate which probably counts for a lot at that club not to mention it would be one in the eye for Madrid.

I mean it's probably just paper bollocks but it's paper bollocks that makes sense and not like, you know, United are signing Gaitan for the fifth summer in a row.

That interview is quite worrying. Someone needs to tell him that he's not been playing 'cos he's been shite.

On the contrary, the interview illustrates his determination to prove himself. He actually says "It is a little difficult to explain why I don't play", which seems to be related to the fact that he wasn't starting as he was not playing to the philosophy, as opposed to him simply not being good enough.

I think the interview is a good read, and shows the type of character di Maria is.

Status
Not open for further replies.