Amadou Onana | Ornstein: Villa agree ~50m deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh been thinking about him more over the last week and was starting to lean towards him as my midfield choice. We need that physicality and running power in our midfield as Mainoo cannot cover any ground.

Go on boys, get your hijack on again!

Tbh been thinking about him more over the last week and was starting to lean towards him as my midfield choice. We need that physicality and running power in our midfield as Mainoo cannot cover any ground.

Does Ugarte not have those same attributes?

Yeah I can't understand why United didn't go for him. £50m is not that much for a player who would have been very, very useful for United. A much better signing than Mount for the same fee.

Does Ugarte not have those same attributes?

Not really. Rabiot on the other hand…

I do like Ugarte though, but he’s not a huge physical presence I wouldn’t say, although he’s a great ball winner. Sort of like a Gattusso in that respect, who won the ball but lacked the athleticism of Onana or Vieira for example.

Something tells me we are not Everton's good books right now, if we went in on parity with Villa, they might just ask for more :)

If he hasn't actually signed yet, I'm sure Villa will be very interested in the announcement Everton's latest take over bid has fallen through and they're back in the mire again.

Great signing for them. Villa will be a bitch to play against. Incredibly physical group they're building.

Official now

That's a good bit of business by Villa. They have got some great people working behind the scenes there. And they have assembled a decent squad. What surprises me is that Onana would have had the pick of some much bigger teams with a higher ceiling, but still went there.

Missed a trick here IMO.

Getting Onana now would've been worth it even if it meant we had to postpone the Branthwaite pursuit by a year.

Mainoo-Onana-Fernandes would've been one of the best midfields in the league.

Very frustrating to see all of Rice, Onana, Kamara, Lavia, Palhinha, Tchouaméni, Wieffer, etc. changing clubs and we're not even pursuing any of them whilst in huge need of a good #6. Instead we wasted a huge sum on Casemiro, and now we'll likely get Ugarte, who's nowhere near the guys I listed.

Strange we showed so little interest here considering he looks a very good blend of the two midfielders we have a supposed interest in, Ugarte and Zubimendi, and Everton being so ready to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.