Music alt-J

Saw that :lol:

Edited my thread title to make it easier to find it future.

Also, alt-J's twitter avatar is now a rice cake.

I thought this was one of those keyboard short cuts like Ctrl - W so I was pressing it with real caution.

Also, alt-J's twitter avatar is now a rice cake.

Yeah I meant to see what their reaction was, they seem pretty grounded so I thought it would go down well.

New song, album called RELAXER out June 9th.

New song, album called RELAXER out June 9th.

excited-baby.gif

I thought it was good but it kind of gets messy towards the end. Unsure.

Second single and album moved forward to June 2nd. Video might give you a seizure.

First song was good. This is shite. Genuinely sounds like they let these lads write it

Yeah, In Cold Blood has really grown on me. Both singles are great I think.

It's Alt-J trying to out-Alt-J Alt-J. Binary code. Really? :rolleyes:

Do people listen to lyrics though?

I mean, unless you're listening to Bob Dylan, who cares? Cold Blood is a banger.

Ah well, I think the album will be good but not a fan of that mess of a tune.

Anyone like Johnny Flynn here?

Reason I ask is in here is because Alt-J name drop him in Mathilda and my girlfriend is obsessed with "Barleycorn" at the minute which is very Alt-J sounding; more likely the case Alt-J are very Johnny Flynn sounding.

Album is out now.

Just the 8 tracks but I prefer shorter albums to longer ones.

I think they've gone too Alt-J. It's almost a parody. The first single delivered so much promise but they've not delivered.

New single has been out for a little while. “U&ME”. I love it. New album out in February which is exciting, it’s been 4 years.

New single has been out for a little while. “U&ME”. I love it. New album out in February which is exciting, it’s been 4 years.

Really looking forward to this. Hard to believe it's been 4 years

Looking forward to the new album, thought the last one was really good. They're a bit of a recorded artist band though, seen them live a couple of times and they're just a bit underwhelming in the flesh for some reason.

Quite a sad song that. I had to google to check whether a member of the band’s girlfriend had died or something.
I was unprepared for the intensity. Incredible track.

Last edited by a moderator:
All 4 singles been hits for me. Looking forward to this album as I thought Relaxer was average.