Music alt-J

Just listened to them. I liked Taro and maybe Matilda but that's about it.

Something Good is my favourite. It was like a little tickle on the forehead seeing it live.

If you like the rest I reckon Tesselate will be a grower.

It works. Never knew it was Miley until I read it here! Alt-J hipsters must be livid right now, no wonder that bassist left the band.

I like the song.

Oh its Alt-J. I thought this was going to be a thread for fans of the Illuminati.

I'm digging all of them. Really liking the difference in sound on each single.

I'm digging all of them. Really liking the difference in sound on each single.

Really don't like left hand free but then, neither do they :lol:

Wish it would hurry up and leak though.

Yeah, this new one is the best of the lot so far.

Left Hand Free is just a studio , radio friendly, single that they made. He said he wrote it in 10 minutes :lol:

Love Hunger of the Pine. Loved the first album. When is the new album out?

I really like bands like Alt-J, Temper Trap, XX, Mumford and Sons. Any others recommendations?

Some good bands

Capital Cities
Bear Hands (check out their track 'Giants' and album 'Distraction 2').
Heavenly Beat
Local Natives (Check out their Hummingbird album, its a classic for me and their first album Gorilla manor is really good too)
KONGOS
Black books
Stateless
Wye Oak (Check out 'the Tower')
Cave Painting (good indie pop band from London)
Pompeya (Russian indie rock band with devilishly catchy songs off their 'Tropical' album)
Generationals

Last edited:
So, I'm off to see them in a couple of weeks, and the album comes out two days later.

Being a law abiding citizen, I've actually got no idea if there are sites out there where you can get dodgy downloads of albums before their release date. I'll be buying it anyway, but it would be nice to listen to the new songs other than the singles before the gig. It would be awful if anybody who knew about these things PMd me, I'd be right pissed off about that.

So, I'm off to see them in a couple of weeks, and the album comes out two days later.

Being a law abiding citizen, I've actually got no idea if there are sites out there where you can get dodgy downloads of albums before their release date. I'll be buying it anyway, but it would be nice to listen to the new songs other than the singles before the gig. It would be awful if anybody who knew about these things PMd me, I'd be right pissed off about that.

It's not leaked yet, I check every day :D

You're in for a show though. I've seen a shit load of live music in my 28 years and they are without doubt in my Top 3.

Great news, off to see these on Friday (finally) - can't wait. Listening to the new album now, hopefully it's just as brilliant as "An Awesome Wave" was.

The song after that has a very long intro too. It's almost as if there wasn't enough intro.

On the same song as you. I'm not too impressed so far but it may take a few listens.

30 seconds of silence on Leaving Nara, why?

Reminds me in parts of a Fleet Foxes album, don't love it right now but I love alt-J though so it'll probably grow on me.

Really liked it first listen, there's a lot of hip-hop influence, which comes from the scruffy looking fella in the band.

Also, official Big K.R.I.T. remix. :drool:

It's bloody glorious. Bloodflood ptII revisited or whatever it is called is fantastic. I love it all already and it feels like a grower so I'm going to be eargasming off this in a few listens when I've picked out my favourite little nuggets of goodness.

It's bloody glorious. Bloodflood ptII revisited or whatever it is called is fantastic. I love it all already and it feels like a grower so I'm going to be eargasming off this in a few listens when I've picked out my favourite little nuggets of goodness.

My favourite track on the album, along with Warm Foothills.

I can't help but be disappointed by this. Apart from Nara and maybe Bloodood Pt II it's a bit lacklustre. Obviously the singles are cracking tunes too but it's all a bit meh for me which is a shame as they're one of my favourite bands.

I can't help but be disappointed by this. Apart from Nara and maybe Bloodood Pt II it's a bit lacklustre. Obviously the singles are cracking tunes too but it's all a bit meh for me which is a shame as they're one of my favourite bands.

I think it suffers a little from their bassists departure. They've lost the tribal drive he brought to their music. For me they've turned into a very English Sigur Ros which isn't a bad thing by any means.

I really love it so far and I really do think it'll continue to grow on me as I become familiar with it.