Alexis Sanchez

We can certainly challenge for the CL next season if we added Sanchez and kept Hazard. We may even be one of the favorites.

Nah. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Robben, Costa, Lewandowski. Thats not even considering the rest of those teams that are also brimming with quality.

There is a talent gap between these elite clubs and anybody in England right now. The fans of the Prem dont seem to realise that. Its possible to fluke a CL.. but one of the favourites? No.

Being among favorites (Real, Bayern, Barca) is a bit far fetched. That said if Chelsea manage to keep Hazard and get Sanchez, they will be up there with other strong contenders like PSG, Juve and Athletico.

It would definitely not be a fluke if Chelsea won the CL next season.

Last edited:
As much as I would love for this to happen, it's extremely unlikely. I believe he will go to one of PSG, Juve or Bayern. Those teams can offer a lot more in terms of titles/cups. In England the competition is tougher to win stuff with 3/4 teams challenging. In the aforementioned clubs there's very little competition. We all pretty much know who will win the league in Germany, Italy and France, whereas here less chance. There's also more likeliness those clubs can win the CL.

Nah. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Robben, Costa, Lewandowski. Thats not even considering the rest of those teams that are also brimming with quality.

There is a talent gap between these elite clubs and anybody in England right now. The fans of the Prem dont seem to realise that. Its possible to fluke a CL.. but one of the favourites? No.

Sanchez and say Naingollan, with Christiansen due back anyway, and perhaps another FB and we'd be one of the favourites. Not a clear favorite above the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern, but definitely in that bracket.

Why aren't we desperate to sign Sanchez? Stealing the best player in the PL from a top 4 rival is a no brainer. RVP 2.0. Offer them Lingard or Smalling in return i'm sure Wenger would bite.
Maybe Smalling yes, as he is much better than Gabriel, but Lingard is Walcott level.

Disagree. Front 3 of Hazard, Costa and Sanchez would be the 3rd best attack in the world in my opinion. Combine that with the extremely solid midfield we have (that will surely be improved upon in the window) and one of the best defenses in Europe (that'll also be improved upon) and we can surley compete for the CL.

Even the absolute elite sides you've named like Barca and Real Madrid concede loads of goals. They aren't unstoppable.

Sanchez and say Naingollan, with Christiansen due back anyway, and perhaps another FB and we'd be one of the favourites. Not a clear favorite above the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern, but definitely in that bracket.
I find him very overrated but that's off-topic. Sanchez would be an immense buy for Chelsea if they pull it off.

When it comes to Champions League, not only super attacking sides but also a team which is organized excellently and has a great defense has a good chance to win as well. In fact, great defense and being organized were the key for English sides (United, Liverpool and Chelsea) dominated Europe in 2000s. Currently, only Atletico Madrid is the team like that and they are doing great in CL too (just so unlucky in finals).

Chelsea now is highly well-organized. IF we can strengthen the defense in the summer, and with the winning mentality we have plus Sanchez, Hazard, and Costa (or good replacement if he leaves) in front, we definitely have a reasonable chance to reach the semi. And, of course whoever in the semi-finals is favorite to win it.

Well, if he repeated this thing again Wenger should leave London immediately. Couldn't tolerate him anymore, even the die-hard Wenger fans.
28 yr old, 2yrs left on deal? £50m. I'd find it hard to turn down. I have to be honest, i wouldnt even be surprised if Sanchez pushed for it, too.

Keeps him in London and at a team that has just won the title on mega money.

28 yr old, 2yrs left on deal? £50m. I'd find it hard to turn down. I have to be honest, i wouldnt even be surprised if Sanchez pushed for it, too.

Keeps him in London and at a team that has just won the title on mega money.
He's leaving, but i hope he goes abroad. Juventus would be a good choice.

One year left on the deal not two.

I think main competition Chelsea have will be from United. Only realistic option on continent is Bayern but expect the English clubs to be favorites since he is already here.

German media have rumors of a 65M € bid for Sanchez by Bayern.

edit: sorry, saw now that this isn't the transfer forum and that it's already in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Question for Arsenal fans... does Sanchez always spend most of the 90 minutes shouting at/being annoyed by his own teammates? I swear thats all he was doing anytime the camera zoomed in on him.

Question for Arsenal fans... does Sanchez always spend most of the 90 minutes shouting at/being annoyed by his own teammates? I swear thats all he was doing anytime the camera zoomed in on him.

Quite often yeah, tends to give the ball away a lot too. Also often then comes up with match winning contributions, you just have to take the rough with the smooth with him.

He's done, looks like he's couldn't care and playing in this team is a chore.

Barcelona should resign him, he's probably what they need right now.

I could never feel too sorry for a footballer with the amount of money they earn but I'm close to feeling sorry for this guy. Genuinely wasted at that club, he's far too good a player to be wasting his best years there. Sad sight to see him trying and having to look across at the Ramsey's, Welbeck's and Walcott's who aren't on the same planet as he is.

Just thought I'd release some more sour grapes: Welcome to London, cnut. :D:cool:

A bit self aware, this. Must be aware of the meme nature of the Alexis squat

Really do wonder where he'll go. Whilst I think he'd be excellent at City, it gives Pep another selection headache because they're absolutely brimming with attackers, and he'll probably do something kooky and silly to compensate. Far less threatening than him linking up with Hazard and Morata at Chelsea.

Why are we not in for him? would'nt he be an ace number 7 at united?

Not that I do think we will get him, but if we were to have a go then now would be the best time.

Don't know what to make of his antics though. Hard to tell until we see whether he actually intends to stay or if he wants to leave. I thought he was content with staying. I think otherwise now.

I would love to see him at United, but we all know where he could end up.
21106006-370240140061843-8187176500598137182-n

He's going full Van Persie now and I can't blame him as he looked totally frustrated and in shambles during the game and witnessing that shit display from them. It would be very hard for Arsenal to lose him as they need more players like him but as long as Wenger is just not going to work out.

We should try and get him on loan. Then we can sign him for free next year!

But hes a bit of a bellend for the way hes been acting