Alexis Sanchez

That's why i fear he might choose to go to Bayern or Real Madrid if they come knocking.

If he were to stay in England, Manchester United is the favourite to land him in my opinion. (if we make it to the Champions League next season obviously)

We have pretty much the same chances to win anything as Chelsea/Shitty has. There are not much difference in quality between both teams. The bigger difference is that you have a game changer world class player in Hazard.

We might have not won much in recent seasons, but the tide is changing and anyone can see it. We are getting better and we have the financial power to keep pushing for greatness until we get there again. We are just lacking that world class player to take us back to win big things again. Sooner than later.

Alexis looks good in red with the 7 at his back. He knows it.
praise the lord...sermon over ;)

Last edited:
Don't know why people think Florentino would go for a barca reject who failed in Spain

It's between PSG, Juve, Bayern and the PL, probably

What can United possibly give him that Chelsea can't at this point in time?

Both can provide money and chance to win stuff, but MUFC is the only legendary club out of the two.

Alexis grew up watching RM, Barcelona, United... dreaming to play for them. No one in CHile grow up dreaming to play for Chelsea. Not from his generation at least, only now you see some kids being City and Chelsea fans.

From the football perspective, Alexis to shine needs to be the main man. He will demand all the freekicks, that all action goes through him, he might even demand taking the penos, without being really good at those.

Chelsea already has their star, their darling. I'm not so sure how it might work. Would Hazard be happy to let Alexis take the main spot?

If he joined us on the other hand, he would be automatically our best player, our star player. AS7.

Both can provide money and chance to win stuff, but MUFC is the only legendary club out of the two.

Alexis grew up watching RM, Barcelona, United... dreaming to play for them. No one in CHile grow up dreaming to play for Chelsea. Not from his generation at least, only now you see some kids being City and Chelsea fans.

From the football perspective, Alexis to shine needs to be the main man. He will demand all the freekicks, that all action goes through him, he might even demand taking the penos, without being really good at those.

Chelsea already has their star, their darling. I'm not so sure how it might work. Would Hazard be happy to let Alexis take the main spot?

If he joined us on the other hand, he would be automatically our best player, our star player. AS7.

The bolded part is true. The rest is a load of waffle.. I highly doubt he grew up dreaming of playing for Udinese, Arsenal or United. Most Latin kids dream of Barcelona and the like.. and he's been there already.

He wants the CL. That is clear. United, Chelsea and Arsenal will not satisfy that in his next 3 year contract. If he can't go to a club with realistic CL ambition, such as Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen - the next divider is money. And only then will United enter the discussion.

So it's not going to work for Chelsea because they're already have a star in Hazard? That's nonsense. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to sacrifice some of his individual game at Arsenal if they could surround him with better players and enable him to win throphies. At Real, Bayern and Barca he'll have even more stars to play alongside, quite a few that are bigger than him. United have the world's most expensive player in Pogba and are looking to buy more, would it be a problem for Sanchez, too?

I doubt Alexis grew up dreaming of United. In Latin America players consider Real and Barcelona as the biggest clubs to aim for. I think, as far as EPL goes it makes little difference for him where to play, but as he said in an interview, he's settled in London and just wants to play for a winning team. With Chelsea, he wouldn't even have to move to get good wages and a winning team with ambitious manager.

Has to be the least self-aware post i've seen. Your point being Alexis needs to be the main man is correct. At chelsea he would be just that. Hazard might be a star, but he seems like the kind who doesn't particularly like or want it. He'd let Alexis be Alexis

At united, you have Zlatan. Do you actually think for a second that Alexis could be the man on Zlatan's team? :lol:

IMO the only way an English club can win the CL at the moment is by having both Hazard and Alexis to close the offensive gap with Bayern/Real/Barca. He'd do wonders for Chelsea.

Like @Klopper76 said I think he'll be sold to Chelsea this Summer.

The Arsenal board clearly don't care what the fans think if they're offering Wenger a new 2 year contract. So why would they care over this?

I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan and they sold him to Chelsea or Man Utd tbh. It just isn't necessary. At all.

He will definitely have suitors on the continent. If they're gonna flog him, do it abroad. It would be silly to sell to a domestic rival, especially if there is interest from other countries.

I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan and they sold him to Chelsea or Man Utd tbh. It just isn't necessary. At all.

He will definitely have suitors on the continent. If they're gonna flog him, do it abroad. It would be silly to sell to a domestic rival, especially if there is interest from other countries.
which would be ok providing he was fine with going abroad.
Suppose the player wants to stay in London/UK andwould be quite happy running down his contract though

Buying Sanchez seems like the cheaper option for Bayern than Griezmann. Watching him go to Chelsea will be disgusting if Chelsea somehow manage to retain Hazard. Their attack will be absurd.

which would be ok providing he was fine with going abroad.
Suppose the player wants to stay in London/UK andwould be quite happy running down his contract though

Then tell him he'll be spending his last year living in the 'prison' of North London and the Emirates.

In fairness, completely their own fault for letting the contract situation get to this stage in the first place but they should not be bowed by him. 30 million for all intents and purposes will not be that much use to Arsenal vs Sanchez the player.

Then tell him he'll be spending his last year living in the 'prison' of North London and the Emirates.

In fairness, completely their own fault for letting the contract situation get to this stage in the first place but they should not be bowed by him. 30 million for all intents and purposes will not be that much use to Arsenal vs Sanchez the player.
Have you seen any club who wasted 50M ( around 15% their total revenue) just to keep one unhappy player another year and watch him leave for nothing next year? It is just a ridiculously bad business and players would lost faith in their club also.

Of course the best case for Arsenal - and I think it is the most likely case - is that Sanchez to go abroad but if he refuses it, Arsenal in big trouble.

The bolded part is true. The rest is a load of waffle.. I highly doubt he grew up dreaming of playing for Udinese, Arsenal or United. Most Latin kids dream of Barcelona and the like.. and he's been there already.

He wants the CL. That is clear. United, Chelsea and Arsenal will not satisfy that in his next 3 year contract. If he can't go to a club with realistic CL ambition, such as Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen - the next divider is money. And only then will United enter the discussion.
We can certainly challenge for the CL next season if we added Sanchez and kept Hazard. We may even be one of the favorites.

We can certainly challenge for the CL next season if we added Sanchez and kept Hazard. We may even be one of the favorites.
Why not? United were often one of the favourites after being crowned premier league champions. You would have an attacking trio on par with the likes of Bayern but I am not sure if your midfield could emulate the control of the top teams. This could be based on my opinions of Kante being your best CM, since midfielders like him have attributes that are admirable in England but I am not sure how that translates out of England.

The difference is that Sanchez shows more passion than Hazard on the field.
To be fair, passion can be shown in different ways. It may look like Sanchez has more due to his expressions and defensive work, but that's not always the case. Both players (bar last season for Hazard) always give their all for their respective teams which is the main thing. I just think Sanchez is the better player, though I completely understand those who don't feel that way.

Sanchez and Hazard are probably the most influential players to their respective teams - I just think Sanchez has more about him than Hazard. He can score, create chance after chance, has great ball retention with his shielding of the ball, quick turns and dribbling, and is a leader at both Arsenal and Chile. Plus he can play all across the attack to a good standard. His only fault is his reluctance to do one-touch football which often causes him to be caught in possession, but the fact that he's 3rd in the golden boot race and around the top 5 in assists/chances created more than make up for that. He's actually created more than Ozil this year!

In recent years Arsenal have had so many late comebacks and I don't find it odd that it happens with Sanchez in the team. He never gives up and, as said before, can score and assist so isn't solely limited to hoping his teammates finish off the chances he creates or waiting for the chance to finish himself.

Don't think so. That being said, I don't think any of our teams are close to winning the CL unfortunately. So many factors go against the English teams. We are inferior in terms of quality, we play a feck load of games with no breaks, other leagues get winter breaks, Christmas breaks and all that shite.

Chelsea have been very good this season, but let's be honest, they're hardly playing top football, effective football, yes, but not breathtaking stuff. It works in England, but taking into consideration the added fatigue of Europe and travel and the dramatic increase in quality, playing against the World's best teams who will most likely be much fresher and I just don't see it happening.

For all the moaning Jose does, he has a point. The FA don't give a shite about our clubs, all they care for is the TV money. Why give players rest when you can milk another game a week out of them for more money?

How much money they make, or whatever, doesn't change the fact that these guys are still human.

Don't think so. That being said, I don't think any of our teams are close to winning the CL unfortunately. So many factors go against the English teams. We are inferior in terms of quality, we play a feck load of games with no breaks, other leagues get winter breaks, Christmas breaks and all that shite.

Chelsea have been very good this season, but let's be honest, they're hardly playing top football, effective football, yes, but not breathtaking stuff. It works in England, but taking into consideration the added fatigue of Europe and travel and the dramatic increase in quality, playing against the World's best teams who will most likely be much fresher and I just don't see it happening.

For all the moaning Jose does, he has a point. The FA don't give a shite about our clubs, all they care for is the TV money. Why give players rest when you can milk another game a week out of them for more money?

How much money they make, or whatever, doesn't change the fact that these guys are still human.
Yet none of these factors mattered so much from 2005-2012 when we regularly competing for the CL due to having strong teams and good squads. Unless the matches have increased in volume, I struggle to see why this is what is holding us back all of a sudden

Yet none of these factors mattered so much from 2005-2012 when we regularly competing for the CL due to having strong teams and good squads. Unless the matches have increased in volume, I struggle to see why this is what is holding us back all of a sudden
the only factor I can think of, is that there are more clubs in the PL capable of giving you a really tough match than there were a few years back

When was the last time an English team won the CL convincingly? United in 99' maybe? Besides, other leagues have improved in quality since that time, while we've stagnated. You don't genuinely believe any team in England can compare to the likes of Madrid or Barca etc. in terms of individual quality, do you?

Take that into consideration with fatigue and there is a genuine problem imo. Look at the comparison between Barca in the first leg and in the second leg against PSG, the difference in performance was incredible. There's much more to winning the CL than just the strength of a squad tbh, luck, freshness and more luck all factor into it and given England's recent performances over the last decade or so, we don't seem to have much of any of those things.

I think (hope) Conte and the club know that we'll need a pretty huge squad to challenge on all fronts next season. If for instance we pull off a miracle and sign Sanchez, we'd still have ridiculously good attacking depth with Pedro and Willian. We already have decent depth in midfield and are being linked with more signings there. We're being linked with Van Dijk in defense and have a highly promising CB returning from Germany.

If we add another attacking player that's on Hazard's level (which Sanchez obviously is) and add to that the fact that we're one of the few clubs in Europe who can actually defend well, I see no reason why we couldn't make a deep CL run. Look at some of the frailties even Barca and Real Madrid have shown this season. Yes, the quality of individual players they have is still way beyond anyone else but as teams they aren't untouchable.

I think (hope) Conte and the club know that we'll need a pretty huge squad to challenge on all fronts next season. If for instance we pull off a miracle and sign Sanchez, we'd still have ridiculously good attacking depth with Pedro and Willian. We already have decent depth in midfield and are being linked with more signings there. We're being linked with Van Dijk in defense and have a highly promising CB returning from Germany.

If we add another attacking player that's on Hazard's level (which Sanchez obviously is) and add to that the fact that we're one of the few clubs in Europe who can actually defend well, I see no reason why we couldn't make a deep CL run. Look at some of the frailties even Barca and Real Madrid have shown this season. Yes, the quality of individual players they have is still way beyond anyone else but as teams they aren't untouchable.

I genuinely hope so, it's worrying how big the gap between the top teams and the English teams has looked over the past few years. Richest league in the world and most entertaining but has fallen behind. I'd like nothing more than to see the English teams being a competitive force again.

That and the fact that I'm sick to death of the Spanish teams slapping everyone every year.

Have you seen any club who wasted 50M ( around 15% their total revenue) just to keep one unhappy player another year and watch him leave for nothing next year? It is just a ridiculously bad business and players would lost faith in their club also.

Of course the best case for Arsenal - and I think it is the most likely case - is that Sanchez to go abroad but if he refuses it, Arsenal in big trouble.

Nobody will pay 50 million for Sanchez when he's in the last year of his contract.

And yep, exactly. Let's flip it around. If Hazard was in the last year of his contract, frustrated, wanted to leave and was talking about how much he loves London, would Chelsea sell him to Arsenal for 30 million? Spurs? Nope, they wouldn't. They'd rightly tell both teams to move along.

Arsenal should aspire to be title contenders at the beginning of the season.

This thing about the city is complete bs. Modric and Chelsea tried to pull the same crap. Oh I can't possibly leave London, its so amazing. How could I imagine living elsewhere? He even went on 'strike' over the summer. Levy told him, his representatives and Chelsea to piss off. Surprise surprise, Modric did not then put in a crap season as everyone predicted he would. He put in his best season for us. He did not break down at the prospect of having to live away from London. Amazingly, he managed to make do with living in Madrid. And as far as I'm aware, he hasn't been dying about coming back to his favourite city since?

Its the same with Sanchez. He'll babble on about city but if Arsenal dig their heels, I'm sure the poor man can just about bring himself to live in Munich, Paris, Turin or Milan. As difficult as it may be for him.

Nobody will pay 50 million for Sanchez when he's in the last year of his contract.

And yep, exactly. Let's flip it around. If Hazard was in the last year of his contract, frustrated, wanted to leave and was talking about how much he loves London, would Chelsea sell him to Arsenal for 30 million? Spurs? Nope, they wouldn't. They'd rightly tell both teams to move along.

This thing about the city is complete bs. Modric and Chelsea tried to pull the same crap. Oh I can't possibly leave London, its so amazing. How could I imagine living elsewhere? He even went on 'strike' over the summer. Levy told him, his representatives and Chelsea to piss off. Surprise surprise, Modric did not then put in a crap season as everyone predicted he would. He put in his best season for us. He did not break down at the prospect of having to live away from London. Amazingly, he managed to make do with living in Madrid. And as far as I'm aware, he hasn't been dying about coming back to his favourite city since?

Its the same with Sanchez. He'll babble on about city but if Arsenal dig their heels, I'm sure the poor man can just about bring himself to live in Munich, Paris, Turin or Milan. As difficult as it may be for him.
they sold Cech to Arsenal because he wanted to stay in London being one of his wishes

When was the last time an English team won the CL convincingly? United in 99' maybe? Besides, other leagues have improved in quality since that time, while we've stagnated. You don't genuinely believe any team in England can compare to the likes of Madrid or Barca etc. in terms of individual quality, do you?

Take that into consideration with fatigue and there is a genuine problem imo. Look at the comparison between Barca in the first leg and in the second leg against PSG, the difference in performance was incredible. There's much more to winning the CL than just the strength of a squad tbh, luck, freshness and more luck all factor into it and given England's recent performances over the last decade or so, we don't seem to have much of any of those things.
You forget 2007/2008 CL in the final there were only English teams (United won it)? That was more than convincingly.

Agree that Bayern, Real, Barca (and even Juve, PSG, and Atletico) are much stronger now. But I believe a team with good defense like Chelsea or United was at that glorious time is still favorite to win it.

they sold Cech to Arsenal because he wanted to stay in London being one of his wishes

That was different. Cech was about to be relegated to second choice and it was a long long distinguished player who was allowed special dispensation basically. Its also perhaps fair to say that Cech wasn't the player he was in the past.

Sanchez will have more impact as one of the best players in the league and has not been around for as long as Cech has.

I'll ask again for the similar example. Do you think Chelsea would allow Hazard to force his way to Arsenal or Spurs (just go along with it) if he insisted he only wanted to stay in London?

Edit: Also, probably made up but weren't there a lot of reports that Mourinho was against it but Abrahmovich gave the green light?

Which would make sense if he didn't leave Barca for fecking Arsenal.

Chilean news channel reporting Sanchez to Crystal Palace is a possibility this summer. If you ever needed another reason to distrust Chilean press here you are.

Chilean news channel reporting Sanchez to Crystal Palace is a possibility this summer. If you ever needed another reason to distrust Chilean press here you are.

Well, London is a great city, with a great Latin community. Moving to Crystal Palace will ensure that he holds onto that :D

Zaha Benteke Alexis would go some way to propel them to a top 10 finish tbf

You forget 2007/2008 CL in the final there were only English teams (United won it)? That was more than convincingly.

Agree that Bayern, Real, Barca (and even Juve, PSG, and Atletico) are much stronger now. But I believe a team with good defense like Chelsea or United was at that glorious time is still favorite to win it.

Ah yes, feck, how could I forget. Wasn't that the season with the Scholes wonder goal?

It's a chance to play for Big Sam. Who wouldn't be tempted?

Why? Do you have any solid reasons you can tell us. United paid £25m for VanPersie, a crocked player all those years ago. Even simple player cost inflation would warant a price in the region of £40-50m. Let alone the fact that Sanchez can play 4 times as many games for his new employer than Van Persie could.

Here in lies your biggest mistake. Arsenal and Chelsea owners have very different aspirations for their teams regardless of what you think they should aspire to.

How do you know that its the same. Do you know him personally? And its not the same as Modric who has few years left on his deal.

He has a strong preference for London as was demonstrated by his own comments on why he rejected liverpool for arsenal. Now paris and munich are much nicer places than liverpool true so he could go. However Juve are unlikely to afford his salary and PSG have a no better chance of winning CL than Chelsea. Its going to between Chelsea, United and bayern most likely.