Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

As others have said: why is Liev Schreiber driving Sanchez around and what is with the weight gain?

First, the "48 hours" thing.
Then a famous actor driving Sanchez around.

I know Woodward likes to market big signings, but this is going to far.

So nice to start having somewhat that looks like a true first X11. Apart from those five guaranteed starters, we've got De Gea, Valencia, Bailly and maybe soon Shaw. Only the attacking mid and companion to Bailly who needs figuring out. Özil and Rojo?
I'm not sure Bailly is a guaranteed starter. In his 18 months with us he's had some fantastic periods, but he's also had a couple of periods where he's been quite poor. Plus quite a few injury problems. He'll have to improve that consistency to push himself into being a guaranteed starter.

I was watching Arsenal fan TV and I thought Claude made a good point. If they had sold to City they would've got money in the bank but probably no player, and he went on to say that money in the bank probably wouldn't be spent anyway, so it's best they get a player in exchange who, even though I personally don't rate particularly high, has shown he's capable of good stuff in the past.

In terms of player quality I think it's an absolute steal for us, though.
Furthermore, even if you tried to spend the money it would probably only buy you Charlie Austin's left peg. Nothing inflates prices more than a club with money needing to replace a player. Best possible deal for both IMO, all things considered.

class.png

Nice location.
Damn it.

So nice to start having somewhat that looks like a true first X11. Apart from those five guaranteed starters, we've got De Gea, Valencia, Bailly and maybe soon Shaw. Only the attacking mid and companion to Bailly who needs figuring out. Özil and Rojo?

This is a very good point.
We are finally looking like an outfit where rivals would fear the names in starting XI.
We still need that midfielder, though.

I see a few people on this thread being a bit harsh on Mkhitaryan and laughing at Arsenal for the deal they get for Sanchez...Mkhitaryan is a quality player, granted it hasn't worked out for him this season but his track record speaks volumes for the quality of the guy, and he was great for us last season, really helped us to trophies so I find the jibes a bit 'off'. Sanchez was out of contract in the summer, Wenger gets him and his negative attitude out of his dressing room and gets in a player he a) was interested in multiple times, and b) is a class act when in form. Arsenal have actually got a great little deal out of this. Ok so lets say we kept Mkhi and paid Arsenal £30m. Who are they gonna go and get to replace him in January with that money in todays market? Nobody. Drinkwater cost 40m ffs. They will be as happy as us about this arrangement. Does my head in when people start stabbing one of our players whos leaving all of a sudden.

Reactions: Damien
I'm not sure, there were a lot of cars going in and out! I was there from 1:30-3 and again from 4:30-4:45 (or so.)

So funny. There were a load of Mercedes saloons going in and out of Carrington so it makes sense why they got so excited when a random member of RedCafe turned up!

No - I assume you mean the guy in a rain jacket on his own? He was paparazzi. I was with my friend, all photos taken on my mobile!

I'll see you in the summer when we sign Neymar. :drool::drool::drool:

Yeah older guy didn’t look like he’d post on here to be honest haha. Yeah think I saw you leaving, nice car :D..

Oh yes! See you in summer :drool::D

I don't know if it's already been said, but have we got people staking out the Lowry and all other local five star hotels. Probably worth having somebody near the front and back doors of Wings.

Congrats on your heroic muppetry and instant record breaking promotion - here’s to more adventures :)

Haha. Glad I’ve been promoted. Been camped in this thread for what feels like years!! Roll on summer. My daughter will just have to come along. Picnics at Carrington. Luckily I work in a school too so get all the holidays off. More time for muppetry :drool::lol:

Haha. Glad I’ve been promoted. Been camped in this thread for what feels like years!! Roll on summer. My daughter will just have to come along. Picnics at Carrington. Luckily I work in a school too so get all the holidays off. More time for muppetry :drool::lol:
Christ, you're going to be a very effective muppet!
:lol:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-harry-potter-wizard-sean-dyche-a3745696.html

Nice to see Dyche defending Sanchez's wages and having a go at everyone criticising him, just pointing out how no one complains when an actor earns a lot and that it goes up per good performance they have using Daniel Radcliffe as the example.
The wages only became a problem in some people's eyes when City backed out of signing him and he is now painted as a cash motivated mercenary who turned his back on the chance to play for the God-like Pep to go to OT for more money, selling his soul to Mourinho, the Devil Incarnate.
If he had signed for City for more money than United were offering there wouldn't have been so much made of the money aspect by the media. They have tut tutted over this ever since City dropped out of the running to sign Sanchez, they obviously expected him to "do the right thing" and wait til the summer to sign for City.

Not sure if anyone’s posted this and not sure which thread is the most appropriate to post this.

Thanks for posting that. I watched the last part of it this morning and got distracted at the end and didn't quite get the last few words and thought "nah I must have misheard it as no way someone would say that in a professional setting"

But now I know my ears did not deceive me. The only guy talking reasonable was labelled "Jose Mourinho's biggest fan". And this was after 3 of them were embarrassingly ganging up on him because he had questions they had no answers to or answers that made them look stupid. It's like being back in the playground. Pathetic pricks.

Why did the guy talking about leverage not understand that it was the pursuers who had the leverage rather than Arsenal due to the fact Sanchez contract is coming to an end.

Hence the reason why City refused to offer more than £20m when 6 months ago they offered £60m.

Had there been no other suitors, Arsenal would have had to accept £20m or nothing in the summer. Leverage due to contract running out.

That's exactly what I said. But then I got hit by an avalanche of idiocy from posters that don't even know what leverage in negotiations is, arguing against something I didn't say.

This is the quote I initially replied to:
One has 5 months of contract left, the other one has 3 and half years. So technically, Sanchez is valued 7 times more.

That's what I was arguing against because it's complete nonsense. On Twitter, United haters were clowning that United were "paying so much for a 6-month contract," as if United were getting ripped off. The length of the contract is what is forcing Arsenal to sell, the drop from 60m was caused by the buyers having all the leverage now (Arsenal must sell, they can't just demand a high price and refuse to sell for anything less than that). How that isn't obvious to some posters is absolutely baffling and speaks ill of their capacity.

There were a handful of posters that actually did get that point, so I'm convinced the ones that didn't either didn't read what I posted, or are incapable of simple Math.

Thanks for posting that. I watched the last part of it this morning and got distracted at the end and didn't quite get the last few words and thought "nah I must have misheard it as no way someone would say that in a professional setting"

But now I know my ears did not deceive me. The only guy talking reasonable was labelled "Jose Mourinho's biggest fan". And this was after 3 of them were embarrassingly ganging up on him because he had questions they had no answers to or answers that made them look stupid. It's like being back in the playground. Pathetic pricks.
Holt and the fat guy (who is it) were throwing same old cliches and were wrangled in their own words, Custis asked them good questions and they went around them just to prove how in love with City they are.. Embarrassing to listen.

I see a few people on this thread being a bit harsh on Mkhitaryan and laughing at Arsenal for the deal they get for Sanchez...Mkhitaryan is a quality player, granted it hasn't worked out for him this season but his track record speaks volumes for the quality of the guy, and he was great for us last season, really helped us to trophies so I find the jibes a bit 'off'. Sanchez was out of contract in the summer, Wenger gets him and his negative attitude out of his dressing room and gets in a player he a) was interested in multiple times, and b) is a class act when in form. Arsenal have actually got a great little deal out of this. Ok so lets say we kept Mkhi and paid Arsenal £30m. Who are they gonna go and get to replace him in January with that money in todays market? Nobody. Drinkwater cost 40m ffs. They will be as happy as us about this arrangement. Does my head in when people start stabbing one of our players whos leaving all of a sudden.

Good post, seeing stuff like that makes it a little easier to understand players that have a mercenary mentality. Not to say this isn't the right move but when you have fans and media having a go at someone on their way out it says a lot. Loyalty and respect are a two way street. Hope he does better at Arsenal just not at our expense, seems like a classy guy and I appreciate the time and effort he put in for United.

Holt and the fat guy (who is it) were throwing same old cliches and were wrangled in their own words, Custis asked them good questions and they went around them just to prove how in love with City they are.. Embarrassing to listen.

There are some even on here that say that its paranoia and some sort of conspiracy theory... Even on film, they are blind to the obvious. I do wonder if they are genuinely ignorant or undercover bitters/rawkers

Status
Not open for further replies.