Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing. I'm over the moon with the signing as you should be.

Just find it amusing so many people got it wrong. The move has took everyone by surprise. Don't get you knickers in a twist.
Yeah people got it wrong, so what? As you say, it took everyone by surprise, quoting some of those posters who got it wrong when it looked nailed on he was going to City is the sad thing here. Trying to look like a top red by shaming those posters, aren't you great.

Haven't read the first page but i assume it's everyone not thinking this deal would happen. Who exactly thought this deal would happen two weeks ago? Certainly not me.

I don't like a lot of the comments about Mkhi. Don't think we've mugged off Arsenal either. They were silly not to sell him in the summer but what's done is done. At least they finally came to their senses and are getting a good player on his day rather than nothing.

And before we wrap this up this afternoon (imho) another look at the flourishing love between Arsene and Jose!! :

Can't help but think "Sanchez is too expensive" is nothing but a PR stunt from City after he rejected them. The way all the City reporters kept banging on about it and how City briefed Chelsea were also in for him makes me think they were trying to save face. I might be wrong but I'm finding it hard to believe City refused to over pay for someone. Just my two cents.

Mkhitaryan has been so bad I wouldn't have cared if we gave him away for nothing. But we're actually swapping him for Alexei Sanchez, one of the best players in the league. Incredible.

I almost can't believe it. Alexis Sanchez. One of the best attacking players in the world signing for us in his prime from under Guardiola's nose. Pinching myself here. It wasn't too long ago we had the likes of Anderson, Cleverley, Gibson, Nani in our midfield. Now look at our team! Pogba, Matic, Martial, Sanchez.....and people say we are a sinking ship. After years of apparent penny pinching, the board have gone above and beyond in recent years for us fans. Mourinho alone has signed Matic, Lindelof, Pogba, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez.....I feel sick!

God knows what the summer will bring. Still bringing youth through too, couldn't be more perfect this

I didn't want to create a new thread but I wonder what the dynamic will be between Pogba and Sanchez? What I mean is that Sanchez has been used to being the undisputed "main man" at Arsenal and seems to revel in that but now he's going to a club where Pogba has this season established himself as the United "main man" - I wonder how each will react to this challenge. Will they relish playing with another world class player (I don't think goalkeeper is quite the same) or will their egos be bruised? It often manifests itself most obviously in things like direct free kicks and penalties.

This deal if it involves no transfer fee at all is like cheating on FM.

Two more big signings in the summer and Jose should have pretty much what he's asked for.

This deal if it involves no transfer fee at all is like cheating on FM.

Two more big signings in the summer and Jose should have pretty much what he's asked for.

I feel if we line up with

DDG

Shaw
Bailly
Jones
Valencia

Pogba
Matic
New CM

Martial
Lukaku
Sanchez

In a 4-3-3 that has the makings of a really good team

We would also need a sub striker to replace Ibra

I didn't want to create a new thread but I wonder what the dynamic will be between Pogba and Sanchez? What I mean is that Sanchez has been used to being the undisputed "main man" at Arsenal and seems to revel in that but now he's going to a club where Pogba has this season established himself as the United "main man" - I wonder how each will react to this challenge. Will they relish playing with another world class player (I don't think goalkeeper is quite the same) or will their egos be bruised? It often manifests itself most obviously in things like direct free kicks and penalties.

I don't think theres anything to worry about there. Firstly they're totally different roles on the pitch, and the best teams have more than a few big ego's in there. Its up to Mourinho to manage that! Pogba is a good lad, he loves being here, I cannot see there being a problem at all. It looks like Alexis has always dreamt of such a club too so I think all will be fine. Anyway, it can be a good thing to have players of this calibre vying for the headlines. Exciting times ahead

I think you missed the point. He doesn't literally mean they should be paid more, because that's not how a market economy works. He's saying, they do a noble, hard job, and if the world wasn't crazy, they'd get paid more than they do.

Also, if the money in being a fireman, nurse, whatever, was that good, guess what, not everyone would be able to do it. Why? The competition for the jobs would be severe, you'd be attracting incredibly gifted medical practitioners, and athletes as firemen. Interesting how market forces work! No random schmuck is going to get onto a fire crew, if the standard is 6'5, bench pressing 400 pounds, and running up a flight of stairs carrying 200 pounds of gear, 300% faster than an average dude, if the average dude even makes it up the first landing,

Footballers don't bench press 400 lbs. Also the argument is moot, firemen and nurses don't earn their companies billions per year as a direct result of their actions to be split between relatively few of them. When they start doing that, their wages would of course go up astronomically.

At the outset, anyone who thought any different would be lying.

Or high.
Or drunk.
Or drunk and high.

To be fair, I didn’t. I’m not as cynical as many to media reports, at least from reputable sources. I figured if we were in for him, then we must have a real chance or we wouldn’t bother.

The most beautiful thing about this transfer might just be the muppet potential.

For years and years people have been fantasizing about the most elobarate swap deals. Usually then someone sensible would come in and explain how this is not Football Manager and mention that swap deals hardly ever happen. Well, not any more...

Just read the whole thing and she isn't exactly self conscious.

Claims Alexis tricked her since he had a girlfriend, and she thought they had something special and real love.

..in the same sentence she admits to taking payment for seeing him.

To be fair, I didn’t. I’m not as cynical as many to media reports, at least from reputable sources. I figured if we were in for him, then we must have a real chance or we wouldn’t bother.

Right, but at this point - not a single member of the media had mentioned we were in for him.. so at this point you thought we were in for him? :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.