Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until he is spotted with Jose on his smart watch then I refuse to believe.

Please tell me we're not actually offering 25m AND Mkhi? Surely it must be either/or.
No I don't think Di Marzio/The Guardian said that. They said £25m or Miki involved in the deal, but fans started tweeting that we offered £25m+Miki and it's spread.

Wouldn't frozen in this context mean set in stone, i.e the transfer is done? I assume Alexis to be "winter" in that analogy.

Wouldn't frozen in this context mean set in stone, i.e the transfer is done? I assume Alexis to be "winter" in that analogy.

No see the follow up tweet

He has just got back to me now - he noticed the celebrity and after a while plucked up the courage to ask him if he had any news on the situation.

Bernie Clifton is not sure where Sanchez is going but he is very excited about it too and has said that if we sign him up, he will strut around Piccadilly strapped into his Ostrich costume shouting "Sanchez Oooh! Ozil next!"

No clue if you're taking the piss or you're serious, either way its on like donkey kong :drool:

Cant see tweets. What did it say?

Same person tweeted the following:

1. Arsenal only sells if it finds a replacement
2. City will not raise the offer in January
3. Gabriel is fine. No desperation to sign Alexis
4. Alexis agent asks for a very high contract and bonus
5. United's offer is better than City's Point one is the most important

It'll be the wages. £300k / week is more than anyone in their first team (I think it's Yaya and Aguero on £220k / week [officially, not under the table UAE]), so giving Alexis £300k / week means having to give parity to De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva & Sterling. It would add another £50m / year onto the wage bill.

We're already close to £300k with Pogba and Lukaku.

Was referring to the transfer/signing fees. But you're right, if Sanchez is moving this month, he'll wage demands will no doubt have increased.

No I don't think Di Marzio/The Guardian said that. They said £25m or Miki involved in the deal, but fans started tweeting that we offered £25m+Miki and it's spread.

I would guess it would be more like "We'll pay you £25m for Sanchez, and you have our permission approach Mkhitaryan"

I would guess it would be more like "We'll pay you £25m for Sanchez, and you have our permission approach Mkhitaryan"

Even in his current form shouldn't we be expecting to be up cash wise here? I mean surely Mkhitaryan is a 40m player?

It'll be the wages. £300k / week is more than anyone in their first team (I think it's Yaya and Aguero on £220k / week [officially, not under the table UAE]), so giving Alexis £300k / week means having to give parity to De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva & Sterling. It would add another £50m / year onto the wage bill.

We're already close to £300k with Pogba and Lukaku.
I know Pogba is supposedly on around £280k, but Lukaku? That would be ridiculous. Where was that reported?

Yeah The Guardian said that "United offer Mkhitaryan as make weight", so we'd be open for them to take Miki in return as part of the deal. But, it didn't say we offered £25m+Miki. That's about £50m and if you also factor in the agent fees and signing bonus, that goes up to about £70m for a player with 5/6 months left on his contract. So, I think there's very little chance the offer was Miki+£25m.

That's how much we paid for him 2 years ago when he had 1 year left on his contract, different market now surely?
He had an immense season for Dortmund with 15 assists and 11 goals in 28+3 appearances, being arguably the best player in the Bundesliga that season. He’s been poor for us, that’s the difference.

This is the series of events i think that has happened-
  • City obviously want him, planned to take him in summer, Moved plans to now.
  • Agents ask same fee they were asking for in summer, along with arsenal asking a fee of upto 35 million + a replacement
  • City dont agree to pay the sums for now, offer their own contract +sign on fees
  • United were always interested, must have been told by agents he is goin to city, united kept up to date with story
  • After city's apparent refusal to match Sanchez demands, United were offered the player either to shock city into paying more or for really a transfer
  • United need sanchez more than city, Hence offer better deal, which is being negotiated as of now.
  • No fee agreed with Arsenal, neither do arse have a replacement so they do not sell yet.
Now the major thing is, what will sanchez chose?, we could be played as fools by Sanchez's agents to get us interested, while fecking us over when city raise their offer Or a little possibility he may actually want to come.

I think it is the former, i also think most of the cafe thinks it is the former,i do think we are not stupid for trying, we may end up failing, but shows the intent. I do think interest is genuine, so is our offer to take him away,But we have been done over by ronaldo,cesc, Bale, Grizzy etc on too many occasions that we are rightly very cautious.

Got a feeling we’re going to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.