Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorXI

Can anyone explain the completely obvious bias to City here? Whatever they do seems to be glorified whereas anything we do is seen as bringing the game in to disrepute.

It's like everyone forgot what a cancer to football the sad excuse of a football club Manchester City is.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ah yes, all these journos that were sure he would still go to City are now fully aware of the details our contract offer. Sounds incredibly likely.

diarm

Has Simon Stone or any other of these hacks explained why they haven't subtracted the £20m from the 2.5 years left on Mkhitaryans contract from the "huge numbers" which make up this deal?

It's almost as though they are arbitrarily picking and choosing which figures best fit an agenda.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Can anyone explain the completely obvious bias to City here? Whatever they do seems to be glorified whereas anything we do is seen as bringing the game in to disrepute.

It's like everyone forgot what a cancer to football the sad excuse of a football club Manchester City is.
They love Pep and hate Mourinho? United has always been looked down on by the media because of SAF, and we now we have Mourinho. Recipe for success for the media, it gets views.

Rajma

Has Simon Stone or any other of these hacks explained why they haven't subtracted the £20m from the 2.5 years left on Mkhitaryans contract from the "huge numbers" which make up this deal?

It's almost as though they are arbitrarily picking and choosing which figures best fit an agenda.
And taking highest possible valuation of Micky - £40m:lol:, based on his time here so far £25m is an absolute maximum we could expect to get for him taking into account his wages as well.

Donut

How the hell is he a gamble? He's probably the most sure thing in the PL.

Fluctuation0161

John Cross here explaining what a gamble it is for United given that Sanchez has played so much football.

A mere five months after City had a £60m bid accepted.
What a load of rubbish. One journalist made up the £180m figures and now everyone is running with it. Ridiculous. But also hilariously obvious bias.

Be interesting to see what figures are confirmed if/when this eventually goes through.

red4ever 79

And taking highest possible valuation of Micky - £40m:lol:, based on his time here so far £25m is an absolute maximum we could expect to get for him taking into account his wages as well.
lets say Miki was on 150k p/w and Sanchez comes in on 400k p/w surely that means you know.....250k added to the wage bill. It's not rocket science

SuperiorXI

They love Pep and hate Mourinho? United has always been looked down on by the media because of SAF, and we now we have Mourinho. Recipe for success for the media, it gets views.
They should at least pretend to be impartial? For me this is the most obviously ABU they have ever been.

red4ever 79

What a load of rubbish. One journalist made up the £180m figures and now everyone is running with it. Ridiculous. But also hilariously obvious bias.

Be interesting to see what figures are confirmed if/when this eventually goes through.
I doubt whether they will disclose it..... Just a feeling

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
As much as I'm very excited with the prospect of us signing him, I can't help but feel this should've happened ages ago. I remember Fergie was really keen on him when he was at Udinese and then of course there was the opportunity to get him when he left Barca. Although he's still capable of playing at the top for a few years to come, I would've loved us to have signed him back when he was 24/25.

Fluctuation0161

I doubt whether they will disclose it..... Just a feeling
Not officially, but there surely will be some ball park figures out in the press later on which aren't this load of rubbish. Similar to Rooney when they included his image rights in his weekly wage figures during his new contract negotiations.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
They should at least pretend to be impartial? For me this is the most obviously ABU they have ever been.
I've noticed this the past few months. A lot of journalists no longer feel it's good to be impartial, but rather pick a side, purely for views.
You could attribute to this to a number of factors like less paper sales, need to drive ad revenue, and the impact of social media. Basically, journalism has become less about finding the truth, and more about telling a story. It's fecking infuriating

United Pro

Looks pretty unlikely.

There's normally a rush of tweets and buzz right before an announcement is made and there's nothing right now. Can't see it all being done and dusted by noon tomorrow.
Yeah that's probably the case, unless there's a lot done tonight. Didn't Di Maria also make his debut in an away fixture against Burnley?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He know shit all though, and there's no transfer fee - where's he getting 40million from? You would expect better from BBC.
Why would you expect more from the people who still reckon Memphis cost £30m?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Since when were transfer fees widely reported as the overall package including agent fees, add ons and the player's wages over the whole contract?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wait, so now it's not that the transfer is valued at 180m, or that it will cost United 180m, now it's that we're paying Sanchez 180m.

So either, the "value" is going up again (in the press), or we're paying the agent fees to Sanchez directly, and giving Miki to Sanchez. Surely the authorities need to get involved in this human trafficking.
So is Mhki going to be walking his dogs? Bloody expensive dog walker.

Woodzy

I bet Rashford's pissed.
I'd send him out on loan till the end of the season to try and recapture his form. Everton. That'd piss our rivals off.
Because he can longer get consistent game time whilst not making any notable improvement as a player?

I’d love Rashford to make it but at the moment he is playing regularly and not matching it with the performances. Competition from one of the worlds best forwards may do him a bit of good.

Ananke

I don't...get it. Like everyone is saying if he were going to City right now, there would be a flat fee and it would be the best deal of the transfer window.

Looks like he's on the way to United suddenly. Oh but he's gonna cost the club this much money over this many years, he's getting old he won't have many years left in him, he's a diva who's been running his contract out. He'll cause distress in the changing rooms, what are the other players going to think when he's on more money than them. Is he really that good? He's not really world class is he.

Doomsday suddenly hits and we're doing shoddy business. God it pisses me off how much they want to wank Pep off. :mad:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We still have time till lunch tomorrow.
Agreed, but they may have a promotional plan in place, and a delay could affect that - I don't just mean "when" but also "what". It could affect how they announce it. Ergo, keep an eye on the United website just in case

Jerch

Slovenia - good at everything!
I don't get why journos are saying he is expensive or a gamble. We will basically exchange a player that does not suits us and is not contributing much for much better player who will in theory suit us a lot more. We will pay around 200k in salaries more than what we are paying for Mkhitaryan but on the other hand that money will be probably more that covered with getting Ibra of the payroll on the end of the season. So we will not pay any transfers fees and his wages will be less than what we are paying for 2 players who do not contribute much. No gamble for me. If any other team would get similar deal i would be jealous.

Inter Yer Nan

It was a 100m package a few days ago where did this extra 80mil come from
Manchester United made up "figures out my ass" tax.
Since when were transfer fees widely reported as the overall package including agent fees, add ons and the player's wages over the whole contract?
It's a United thing. We are the only club that pays wages and signing on fee's apparently.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I always think it would be funny if, at the height of one of these muppets threads (aka tonight) the club suddenly announced some random player that we haven't even been linked with e.g.

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Eden Hazard on a 4 year contract

Or suchlike. It would probably be hours before anyone noticed as we're all too busy F5ing this thread

red4ever 79

Yeah big gamble. Let's offload a player who clearly doesnt have the bottle to play for Utd and is underwhelming when he plays for a proven premier league player who creates and scores a ton of goals every season

Inter Yer Nan

I don't get why journos are saying he is expensive or a gamble. We will basically exchange a player that does not suits us and is not contributing much for much better player who will in theory suit us a lot more. We will pay around 200k in salaries more than what we are paying for Mkhitaryan but on the other hand that money will be probably more that covered with getting Ibra of the payroll on the end of the season. So we will not pay any transfers fees and his wages will be less than what we are paying for 2 players who do not contribute much. No gamble for me. If any other team would get similar deal i would be jealous.
If he signed for City in the summer for 60m he'd have been labelled a bargain and a sign of Pep's genius. We sign him in exchange for a player who's fallen behind Lingard in the pecking order and we are breaking the bank and desperate.

It's just a weird stance when you consider the way United can afford players vs. the way City can.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I always think it would be funny if, at the height of one of these muppets threads (aka tonight) the club suddenly announced some random player that we haven't even been linked with e.g.

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Eden Hazard on a 4 year contract

Or suchlike.
Hazard begs for a United transfer, after Chelsea approach to Crouch.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
How the hell is he a gamble? He's probably the most sure thing in the PL.
In their infinite wisdom, the media probably think that Sanchez will score less for us than for City. Fewer goals scored = fewer potential chips. Fewer potential chips means it's a gamble. Quod erat demonstradumb.

BarstoolProphet

Or suchlike. It would probably be hours before anyone noticed as we're all too busy F5ing this thread
Some random player indeed.

diarm

lets say Miki was on 150k p/w and Sanchez comes in on 400k p/w surely that means you know.....250k added to the wage bill. It's not rocket science
I don't think anyone is having any difficulty grasping that. It's the fact that these journos are ignoring the 150k per week that Miki leaving would free up, inventing a transfer fee, exaggerating the Sanchez wage and sign on fee and generally taking glee in deliberate misinformation.

Di Marzio said yesterday that the entire deal was looking like £100mil. Total.

That would break down as follows:

No transfer fee - straight swap as has largely been reported.
Gross wages of £300k a week.
Signing on fee of £20mil and agent fees of £10mil

That's £22mil per season for a player of that quality. £18mil if you deduct what was left on Mkhitaryans contract.

Fecking bargain.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Obviously any player could struggle at a new side but it's probably one of the least risky transfers in a long time. Calling it a gamble is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.