Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nah, I was pessimistic but I think we have it in the bag. Relax and enjoy the ride now.
With citeh (and Liverpool) still in the news stories for him, I can't relax. My default is to always expect the worse with transfers, I can't help it mate.

And I do think that city's loss today will make them want to get him more - even though I got laughed at for saying so earlier!

I've wanted him as our 7 for about 5 years, seriously. If I start believing he's coming, and then he fecks off to a rival, it'll hurt, so for now I'm still in the cynic phase...

But a hopeful cynic.

ChaddyP

Andy Gray speaking sense. George Boateng sounds like an idiot and says it like if there's a gap now, then there's no chance of that changing in the next 5 years. Because things don't change from season to season in football :lol:
It's such a stupid logic. Yes man city are playing well at the moment so therefore they will be unstoppable for the next 5 years at least because they will keep. Buying players. fecking ass.
Chelsea won last year and bought more players and have gone back wards. Only 2 managers have ever retained the epl title, one happens to be our greatest manager of all time and the other is our current manager. Sanchez can bring us to a next level and maybe even surpass city.

Gray also makes an excellent point not even Aguero is guaranteed to start. Sanchez won't either no mate how good he is. Jose will start Sanchez every game and probably never sub him like with Lukaku and pogba.

Gray also makes another excellent point, we are Manchester fecking United not some pub team with a sugar daddy splashing cash. 75k seat stadium with a rich history and Culture and world wide following, compared to city we are the fecking big time.

And to end who wants a free gimmi trophy anyway. Sanchez probably wants one he earned

Trophy Room

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but I feel that the Alexis we get won't be peak Alexis. If he has an RVP impact then great but I think we'll probably get a 'very good' season or 2 out of him at best.

BarstoolProphet

I had to charge my phone three times today just from refreshing this page. Family dinners are boring when more important is going on.

NeglectedGoat

I'm so feckin excited for this signing. When he's fit and firing he's easily top 3 in the league and with him in the team I can see us having a good run in the champions league.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I'm gonna wait for Di Marzio to confirm. Seems to be only journalist worth their salt, he broke this one as well.

at this point, i trust him more than the club's official twitter page
He actually did! Didn't realize. Well, in that case he has proven once again that he has some serious insight on what's happening and we can pretty much treat whatever he says as truth in regards to this transfer saga.

GM K

Yeah, makes the most sense.

I can’t see us valuing Sanchez at £50m with 6 months of his contract left.

We had better do if that's what it takes to get him.

Sanchez is so good that if we sign him, I'll suddenly start believing that we could actually be in with a tiny chance of winning the Champions League.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They only wanted £35m. It would bring the Woodward video back where he's offering more than the shop wanted.
Yeah we were responding to someone saying they think we’re offering £30m plus Mkhi. I think it’s unlikeky. That would be over valuing Sanchez considering his contract situation.

It’s probably Sanchez at £30m and we’re offering to sell them Mkhi in a seperate deal at £15-£20m.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We had better do if that's what it takes to get him.

Sanchez is so good that if we sign him, I'll suddenly start believing that we could actually be in with a tiny chance of winning the Champions League.
We’ll see I guess! But yea, exciting times if we manage to pull it off

IrishRedDevil

Same here! :lol:
Priorities and all that :)
Thank feck mine doesn't live with me. Though she's whining about me not answering her or facetiming with her. Why can't they understand!!
Serious business this! :lol:
Mine's making a roast, which I'll sit down and enjoy while watching highlights of citeh's unbeaten run collapsing into ruins.

I'm still convinced he's citeh bound, but I'm totally in this.

José's comments drew me in, and I admit that I'm desperate for him in that Utd 7 shirt.
My girlfiend doesn't follow football but she knows I support United. I tried to share my excitment today about signing a huge player from a London based club to let her know why I was so excited and stuck to my phone, but she was totally uninterested, non-responsive and started talking about the restaurant we went to when we were in London. Silly of me to even try to explain.

At least you guys know the score :D

crossy1686

career ending
Unless I missed something, he said "if". If is a hypothetical. It isn't an accusation. I'm not defending the guy, but the hysterics are a bit much.

If you don't understand what I mean, what is the difference between these two statements.

Are you a martian? You are a martian.

If United tapped him up, is different than United tapped him up. Now, the intent can absolutely be to make people think that United tapped him up, but from a purely legal point of view, he hasn't accused anyone.
You sure? Not that I'm suggesting he should be sued but suggesting that someone has tapped up a player is as good as an accusation. Sure a pretty decent lawyer could make a solid case for that. The power of suggestion is strong after all.

He can't say:

"United tapped him up"

Because that would suggest that he knows it as fact. But saying:

"If someone maybe met someone at someone's house and offered someone more money"

Is as good as an accusation due to the position he holds in the public eye. If you or I say it no one is going to believe us, but if Souness says it, people may believe he's privy to some information that we're not.

It's dangerous water and I guarantee you won't find any other pundits or news outlets suggesting that. It's very silly.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah undoubtedly.
We thinking the reported fee is 25m or more along the lines of 35m?

Either way, it's good business.

I just hope Sanchez picks it up, because I think he's been really poor this season. Hopefully not decline and more him cba'ing it for Arsenal.

IRELANDUNITED

Im driving to Paddy Power tomorrow to put 50 euro on Sanchez to join City this month at 2/1. Just in case we dont get him ;)

Fully Fledged

Yeah we were responding to someone saying they think we’re offering £30m plus Mkhi. I think it’s unlikeky. That would be over valuing Sanchez considering his contract situation.

It’s probably Sanchez at £30m and we’re offering to sell them Mkhi in a seperate deal at £15-£20m.
Yeah I know. I was agreeing with you by adding my own take on it.

GM K

We’ll see I guess! But yea, exciting times if we manage to pull it off
Exciting times indeed.

Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez with Lingard and Pogba as supporting cast looks too darn tasty!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What's the fuss with the 10pm news? Do the papers come out with a bunch of news at 10pm?
Krishnan Guru-Murthy cuts the ribbon for the weeks trading on the NYSE. Obviously we’re not able to make any deals until that’s open.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
You think we'd get Arsenal to pay for Mkhi?

I reckon the final outcome will be £30m plus Mkhi.
No chance. Mkhitaryan's been shit, but not so bad that he's suddenly worthless... we're still talking about a recent Bundesliga POTY here.

I reckon £30m and cut-price option of Mkhitaryan if they want it, assuming he'll actually go there...

red thru&thru

I honestly wouldn't care if we paid £35m and gave them Mkhitaryan. It would be worth it to us because he is genuinely that good, and Mkhitaryan has been so disappointing.
I know what you mean. I just still have some hope that Mikki could do it for us. We’re all so disappointed because we have seen flashes in the 18 months he’s been here. But that’s the problem, just flashes of his brilliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.