Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those astronomical wages are a major concern for us. We are currently extending several players contracts and I'm sure their agents will be wanting some sort of parity with Sanchez if he came. I just think Utd have totally blown us out of the water and we've decided to step aside. I do think we have our eyes on two other players coming, Cover for Dinho is of paramount importance. I'm hearing Fred talks are going well.

Back to Sanchez though, it will certainly strengthen our rival if as expected he rocks up there.

A world class wide-forward, one who just so happens to be one of the Prems most consistent performers for a number of years now, is precisely what United need to step up another level. If this deal goes through (big if at this point) then it could prove to be the most significant signing United have made since Cantona.

The sort of signing you look back on in years to come and say "that day, the day we signed Sanchez from Arsenal, that was the day when it all came together"

This will be up there with Thiago and Hazard if we miss out.
I was but for weeks after the trauma.

If it's us then I do feel sorry for Arsenal. Must be horrible to once again watch their best player go to one of their main rivals for "pennies". They did get Sol though, which was worse.

Wenger on Sky now 'resolution imminent, even I don't know where he'll go'

There has been worse. We watched Hazard's last game for Lille live including some sort of ceremony post-match. We didn't really understand a word of what was going on but damn that sucked.

Oh dear God. I forgot everything about that episode. His post match ceremony and people expecting him to announce his next club:p

If it's us then I do feel sorry for Arsenal. No must be horrible to once again watch their best player go to one of their main rivals for "pennies". They did get Sol though, which was worse.

We are not one of their main rivals. I wouldnt classify Arsenal as a main rival.

weird. Bluemoon said he was class 3 days ago and no chance in hell he'd go to the swamp or play for Maureen. He only wanted Pep and Utd bid was bullshit so they could look like they tried.

Suddenly, bluemoon say he isnt that big a loss. Thats weird

Well he wouldnt be. They are top of the league and smashing it. Losing out on a 29 yo isnt a massive problem at present.

Whatever happens, DiMarzio was the first again to report our genuine interest. No doubt we'll get another bunch of sceptics/wannabeHipstaz come summer questioning why DiMarzio is the go to guy and saying he hasn't broke shit.

still not made his mind up. so blows the theory about City backing off

No reason to be bitter in hindsight. We went on to win everything and Spurs went on to win a league cup.
Perhaps, and hindsight is 20/20 and poor Gazza went on become an absolutely tragic figure in some ways. But, at the time he was the most electric player I’d ever seen. Anyway, this thread is about Sánchez not Gazza, get your muppet on lads!

Whatever happens, DiMarzio was the first again to report our genuine interest. No doubt we'll get another bunch of sceptics/wannabeHipstaz come summer questioning why DiMarzio is the go to guy and saying he hasn't broke shit.
It's crazy how some people still doubt him.

We are not one of their main rivals. I wouldnt classify Arsenal as a main rival.

We are most certainly for their fans, as you see from the reactions. They pretty much don't care about City, like most fans of their sporting rivals.

Pundits on sky sports adament he is only going to city. Sour souness didnt even mention us just that he is set on city.

I still think he'll end up at City. The only reason we seem to have got into pole position is due to money, and that's kinda City's speciality. Arsenal trying to up the price perhaps. City will pay up in the end though.

Well he wouldnt be. They are top of the league and smashing it. Losing out on a 29 yo isnt a massive problem at present.
Mainly pointed it out as 3 days ago they reckoned he had signed for them, and was just awaiting unveiling. Deal done

Wenger saying doesn't know where he'll go means city are still in play.

My gut feeling is that he goes to City. He’ll reject our offer and force Arsenal to accept City’s bid as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.