Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing about Alexis is that he doesn’t rely hugely on pace, he’s an excellent “static” dribbler, a bit like Nani was for us.

But it’s bullshit in the first place. They’re just coming up with all sorts now they know he’s about to sign for us.

Those astronomical wages are a major concern for us. We are currently extending several players contracts and I'm sure their agents will be wanting some sort of parity with Sanchez if he came. I just think Utd have totally blown us out of the water and we've decided to step aside. I do think we have our eyes on two other players coming, Cover for Dinho is of paramount importance. I'm hearing Fred talks are going well.

Back to Sanchez though, it will certainly strengthen our rival if as expected he rocks up there.
Wasn't a concern when you were willing to pay double the transfer fee and the agent fee back in the summer, mind.

But it’s bullshit in the first place. They’re just coming up with all sorts now they know he’s about to sign for us.

Aye of course it is, he’s 29 not 35. I’m just thinking 3 or 4 years in the future. He’s a good technical footballer rather than a Gareth Bale.

Aye of course it is, he’s 29 not 35. I’m just thinking 3 or 4 years in the future. He’s a good technical footballer rather than a Gareth Bale.

Exactly. His pace is a moot point anyway as he’s as you say and excellent technical player and also he’s constantly in good positions. Losing a yard of pace won’t slow him down much imo.

They've only 'noticed' that because it was clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract and they knew it was a matter of time before he left. Also, Sanchez hasn't exactly been trying his hardest lately. His heads been elsewhere for a while.

Imagine the meltdown here if Sanchez is announced as City player by the end of the day (after Malcom's deal is concluded).

Will you guys abolish the c*cks out term once for all ?

Imagine the meltdown here if Sanchez is announced as City player by the end of the day (after Malcom's deal is concluded).

No. I’d chop it off and feed it to my cat.

It has survived worse disappointments than that sadly.

RvP was a technically excellent footballer, he fell off a cliff.

Never underestimate the impact of physical decline on top-level footballers. Very few ever come to terms with it and reinvent themselves effectively.

Tbh, whenever I posted 'c*cks out' I was referring to the Glazers.

He's definitely dropped a level this season, you could argue it started towards the end of last season as well. It's possible this was due to him being overplayed and/or him not really wanting to be at Arsenal. But like others have said, even if he has lost the ability to burst past players, he still has a hell of a lot to offer in terms of end product.

We have a back up fullback that cost us 32mil, Young cost 27mil and was considered a squad player for the longest time.
People mock them spending a 100 mil on two fullbacks but in the way Pep plays fullbacks are a very important part of the system. He relies on them so 50mil for two very important parts of his team doesn’t seem that much.
Reports are we are supposedly interested in Sandro at 65 mil and The Napoli guy now has a 75mil buyout.
This argument really bugs me.

They are important to every team. And like most teams, their creative midfielders and wingers are also very important. Having watched City several times this season I can honestly say I haven't noticed any over reliance on their fullbacks. I mean they've broken the premier league consecutive wins record with Fabian Delph playing the majority of games as left back FFS.

This is why I refuse to get hyped until it's official. The cocks can only come out so many times.

There has been worse. We watched Hazard's last game for Lille live including some sort of ceremony post-match. We didn't really understand a word of what was going on but damn that sucked.

Wenger has just said he expects the situation to be resolved imminently but wouldn’t give any indication of which club.

Won't be happy til he signs. I'm not getting invested in this. Would hurt too much if he goes to City :lol:

weird. Bluemoon said he was class 3 days ago and no chance in hell he'd go to the swamp or play for Maureen. He only wanted Pep and Utd bid was bullshit so they could look like they tried.

Suddenly, bluemoon say he isnt that big a loss. Thats weird

Wenger has just said he expects the situation to be resolved imminently but wouldn’t give any indication of which club.
Well he was never going to name the club, but I think at this point it's safe to assume it's us if it's imminent.

There has been worse. We watched Hazard's last game for Lille live including some sort of ceremony post-match. We didn't really understand a word of what was going on but damn that sucked.
Quite. Although bloody Tottenham buying Paul Gascoigne’s parents a house while Fergie was on holiday still takes the cake for me. Still a bit bitter about that.

Quite. Although bloody Tottenham buying Paul Gascoigne’s parents a house while Fergie was on holiday still takes the cake for me. Still a bit bitter about that.
No reason to be bitter in hindsight. We went on to win everything and Spurs went on to win a league cup.

Wasn't a concern when you were willing to pay double the transfer fee and the agent fee back in the summer, mind.

Not at all. I just think the powers that be have said £20-£25 million is more than enough for someone with only a few months left on his contract. I do believe the wages is also a major factor and his agent has moved the goalpost regarding this.

Jesus now coming back in 2-3 weeks and a 15 point lead will be taken into account too.

Great signing though regardless of money and his age.

Watching pointless Inter friendlies because of those Sneijder rumours was a personal low for me.

Tbh if Wenger manages to sign Malcolm (done) and get Michki included in the Sanchez deal ...he might save face with the fans.

So Wenger says it's about to happen and then we get a Di Marzio update definitely putting MUFC ahead.

IS THIS ABOUT TO HAPPEN? :eek:

IMO Griezmann did the right thing not joining us this summer, remember Atletico got a ban and they wouldn't have got a proper replacement for him, Griezmann acted like a gentleman and didn't leave the club that made him world class in a bigger mess. He would have 100% come if there was no ban.
Maybe ED goes full muppet and signs Alexis this month and Griezmann in the summer. :drool:

Eh?
If the reason for not signing for MUFC was the transfer ban, then why did he not make an agreement to join us in January?
AM do not have a transfer ban, yet AG is not joining us.

What actually happened was that he flirted a lot with the idea of joining MUFC, then ultimately, signed a new contract with AM, for more money. This is a fact...not opinion. Not conjecture. Not spin.
He snubbed us in the Summer, perhaps because he feels we are not good enough. Or maybe he does not fancy the cold/wet weather? Or most likely, he just likes it in Spain and is comfortable where he is and by dropping MUFC in the mix, he was able to wrangle a better salary from his favourite club. Many players have used us to get a better contract; AG isn't the first and won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.