Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Tbf, the fact no one on the internet seems to understand how betting odds work does help explain the online gambling boom somewhat.
Easy, innit. You just multiply the first number by your stake, divide by the second number and then just subtract the absolute devastation you'll inevitably cause to you and your family.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
People keep saying if he choses us he would do it for the money....

If he did for the love of football, why did he not stay at Arsenal then? They are known to play good attacking football. The only reason he wants out is money, pure and simple. Sick and tired listening to people saying "oh, he loves his football!. BS

He does love to play football, but he wants good money as Neymar and Co. have been paid. He only gets £150k at Arsenal, feck, we have players under18 who earn this kind of money. So the guy is definitely pissed he was not valued at Arsenal.

So I say he goes for the money, and Man City need to put up or shut the hell up. Same goes for us.

el3mel

I don't think this will drag on anyway. Every thing will probably escalate quickly after Arsenal game this weekend, whether to City or us, let's see.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People keep saying if he choses us he would do it for the money....

If he did for the love of football, why did he not stay at Arsenal then? They are known to play good attacking football. The only reason he wants out is money, pure and simple. Sick and tired listening to people saying "oh, he loves his football!. BS

He does love to play football, but he wants good money as Neymar and Co. have been paid. He only gets £150k at Arsenal, feck, we have players under18 who earn this kind of money. So the guy is definitely pissed he was not valued at Arsenal.

So I say he goes for the money, and Man City need to put up or shut the hell up. Same goes for us.
He wants silverware as much as he wants money.

mav_9me

Don't do this to me. Because now i must ask you- who is that guy? Is he any good? Fake account?
I don't know him. He replies to that tweet with more tweets of his which were accurate to show he is legit. Other people who know better may be able to say more.

I only posted him because he was retweeted by a United fan I follow.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't know him. He replies to that tweet with more tweets of his which were accurate to show he is legit. Other people who know better may be able to say more.

I only posted him because he was retweeted by a United fan I follow.
He's a fake ITK. Tweets a lot of shit and deletes the stuff which doesn't stick.

Jagga7

Really, for pure footballing reasons he should join City?

Do you mind telling us in what sport are we involved? Is it badminton or softball?

I cant believe man utd xbox fans putting man city on a stool. Disgraceful, sick to my stomach!
:lol: what are you rambling about? They are miles ahead of us in the football they play. Why wouldn't a player in their last few years of their prime want to play for them at this current moment?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Where have people convinced themselves that Sanchez gives a toss about the PL trophy?

He's won two Copa Americas. He probably holds the FA cup and PL trophy in the same regard; an english trophy.

I think that the only trophy left he cares about are the CL trophy and World Cup (its doubtful whether he will be able to play again because Chile didnt qualify).

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Garbage.

If that's the case why did any player choose Madrid over Barca in the last decade? Including 2007/08 Madrid has won the title three times in a decade. In that time Barcelona has won two trebles. Yet many players chose not to join the all conquering team but to be part of Madrid's rebuilding project, including our much beloved former player (and Rio's ex-teammate) Cristiano Ronaldo.

Why the likes of Modric and Kroos not go to the team that was winning six trophies in a year? Nobody can argue based on trophies won in the past decade that Barca was a better bet for silverware after all (and City hasn't even won the title yet!?) There were several years when Madrid could not even make it past the last 16 in the Champions League.

Everyone crapping on the idea of Alexis choosing Old Trafford over Wastelands is ignoring the allure of being the catalyst to reviving a great club. Yes, obviously, we are behind City currently. The table tells that story. However, that's not a static situation. Big players will be attracted by the romance of becoming that guy who puts United back on top.

Spot on!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Garbage.

If that's the case why did any player choose Madrid over Barca in the last decade? Including 2007/08 Madrid has won the title three times in a decade. In that time Barcelona has won two trebles. Yet many players chose not to join the all conquering team but to be part of Madrid's rebuilding project, including our much beloved former player (and Rio's ex-teammate) Cristiano Ronaldo.

Why the likes of Modric and Kroos not go to the team that was winning six trophies in a year? Nobody can argue based on trophies won in the past decade that Barca was a better bet for silverware after all (and City hasn't even won the title yet!?) There were several years when Madrid could not even make it past the last 16 in the Champions League.

Everyone crapping on the idea of Alexis choosing Old Trafford over Wastelands is ignoring the allure of being the catalyst to reviving a great club. Yes, obviously, we are behind City currently. The table tells that story. However, that's not a static situation. Big players will be attracted by the romance of becoming that guy who puts United back on top.
Yep, very good post.

izec

Rio doesnt look happy, not because Sanchez will join City, but because City are ahead of us. He rates them highly and he knows how difficult it is to beat Pep when he gets going.
So he was only honest and gave his opinion as 90% of the forum would do.

Either that or he thinks Sanchez is a mercenary and doesnt want him here, as some posters too. So instead of bigging up United, he is bigging up City

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Where have people convinced themselves that Sanchez gives a toss about the PL trophy?

He's won two Copa Americas. He probably holds the FA cup and PL trophy in the same regard; an english trophy.

I think that the only trophy left he cares about are the CL trophy and World Cup (its doubtful whether he will be able to play again because Chile didnt qualify).
Exactly this. People talk like players today don't give a shit for money and only want trophies. They want money. Like every person want. Not saying that they don't want trophies. Of course they do but money>trophies. And last contract is always about money.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
im sticking 100 on city to ease the potential pain
You wouldn't get £100 on pal, most will have limits on this. I do believe Skybet will allow no more than about £60. As has been said it only takes a few hundread quid for these markets to shift one way or the other way. I'd really pay no interest in them at the moment, A few hundread pounds or even a grand in bets tells you nothing on how an £100 million transfer outlay is going.

LoCalXT

I still don't get the notion that picking United means he is going for money.
Wouldn't he wait and get the bonus for completing his contract plus the freedom to negotiate the highest possible signing bonus in the summer if he is after money ?

AshRK

Its funny how some think City will keep on dominating for years to come and United have no chance of doing that. As of this moment City have not won anything. All this nonsense talk of how City=Trophies but United=Money just doesn't make sense.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Exactly this. People talk like players today don't give a shit for money and only want trophies. They want money. Like every person want. Not saying that they don't want trophies. Of course they do but money>trophies. And last contract is always about money.
Sanchez to me, looks like a player that cares about two things:

1) Money
2) To be the 'main man'

Sanchez left Barcelona for Arsenal which is a clear step down in 'trophies and good football' because he was paid more money and given a starting spot in the team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Garbage.

Couple of things:

Did Barcelona even bother trying to get Ronaldo from us? From my memory it was only Real that ever wanted him.

Can you think of players who have been under a biding war between Barca and Real and opted to go for the weaker of the two at the time? I remember Neymar as one who ended up with Barcelona but not sure of anyone else.

Also, Sanchez is 29. He isn't at the age for rebuilding projects and needed real silverware years ago. Comparing him to Ronaldo and younger players with their careers ahead of them to take on new projects is like comparing apples with pears.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Garbage.

Did Barca actually try for any of those players?

But I think people are going too far in either direction on this. It's quite possible (maybe probable) that Sanchez would opt for City over us if both had bids accepted. They're better than us at the moment, clearly. Where it gets a bit much is when people think he's so rapt with City that he'd turn down the chance to come here even if City don't show interest beyond £20m.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sanchez to me, looks like a player that cares about two things:

1) Money
2) To be the 'main man'

Sanchez left Barcelona for Arsenal which is a clear step down in 'trophies and good football' because he was paid more money and given a starting spot in the team.
Spot on. South american leaves sunny barcelona and fc barca to play in rainy england for third/fourth club in that country

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Worth pointing out that even if Sanchez plays tomorrow, that doesn’t mean that he’s staying or that no transfer activity will happen in the next few days.

Wenger played Chamberlain at Anfield and within two days we’d signed him, with Chelsea also in for him as well.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Couple of things:

Did Barcelona even bother trying to get Ronaldo from us? From my memory it was only Real that ever wanted him.

Can you think of players who have been under a biding war between Barca and Real and opted to go for the weaker of the two at the time? I remember Neymar as one who ended up with Barcelona but not sure of anyone else.

Also, Sanchez is 29. He isn't at the age for rebuilding projects and needed real silverware years ago. Comparing him to Ronaldo and younger players with their careers ahead of them to take on new projects is like comparing apples with pears.

Barcelona did not have the money at the time, fact. They were in debt as they probably are now. Real had to remortgage Santiago Bernabeu to make it happen.

And they also happened to have Messi, do you think he would have agreed if they went after Ronaldo?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jenas was spot on, City have said they are not going above 20 million because they know he only want's to go to them. If he doesn't go for the 20 million the table he goes for nothing in the summer.

Arsenal will have more money offered by us but a player wanting to go for the 20 million to City...

Horrible situation for them.
Perfectly reasonable to think that we’ve offered him a great package, City have accepted that he’s not going to them and have put out a message saying “we only wanted to pay £20m anyway”.

(@Rado_N is my logic screwed here too? :nervous:)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Perfectly reasonable to think that we’ve offered him a great package, City have accepted that he’s not going to them and have put out a message saying “we only wanted to pay £20m anyway”.

:lol: you're in conspiracy mode tonight mate, is it because you're hodling on crypto or something?!

izec

Both possible. Guess we will find out in the next few days

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Jenas has always been quick to talk us down, it's a tad confusing why though.
Has nobody brought up that this is the second transfer window that City have dicked Sanchez around?
Its almost identical to DDG and that's why he's with us today.

I can't believe pundits can't see beyond short term thinking. City are miles ahead of us at the minute but so were Utd v Chelsea when they stole Robben, Drogba and Essien from us.
If we had the same situation last year every pundit would be amazed how anyone could turn Chelsea when we were in 6th place.
No. Absolutely nobody said anything about City dicking around until the very last day of the past transfer window which was the reason it didn't go through. The reason they did it, was the same, they were certain he will join them and didn't want to pay up. Which would piss off everyone if he was in Sanchez situation, especially when you see players like Coutinho going for £140million after being chased for a few months and after about 5th bid from Barcelona. Pretty much the same thing as you say, what happened with DDG, and pretty much why he stayed. City doesn't want suddenly to pay £10million more but in the summer were willing to pay £40million more. What a load of crap.

Maybe, just maybe, he is pissed at them, and after talking to us got a feeling we want him more. And at the end of the day, he would go to the biggest club in the country. Not saying he will end up here, but it's getting on my tits that nobody has even mentioned this part.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You wouldn't get £100 on pal, most will have limits on this. I do believe Skybet will allow no more than about £60. As has been said it only takes a few hundread quid for these markets to shift one way or the other way. I'd really pay no interest in them at the moment, A few hundread pounds or even a grand in bets tells you nothing on how an £100 million transfer outlay is going.

aye you're spot on pal. Whats your take? City or United?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Barcelona did not have the money at the time, fact. They were in debt as they probably are now. Real had to remortgage Santiago Bernabeu to make it happen.

And they also happened to have Messi, do you think he would have agreed if they went after Ronaldo?
Exactly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: you're in conspiracy mode tonight mate, is it because you're hodling on crypto or something?!
:lol: aye probably, more likely the copious wine and now whisky though!

ChaddyP

Every year you nuptys post obvious fake accounts in the transfer forum , its rather annoying. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.