Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

Do we have anything at all at this stage that even suggests that the board has any serious intent to even attempt to sign Sanchez. Or could it be simply another ploy by Jose to put the board under pressure publicly by implying we should be in for him because he is simply too good an opportunity to miss out upon?

Jose has clearly let his interest be known, and i would think most fans would agree with the logic around signing such a player. So expectations have now been raised. Therefore, if we do not now make a serious effort to get it done, it will be the board who shoulders any blame. Whether intentional or not, Jose has now lifted hopes, alleviated himself from any responsibility, and placed the ball firmly in the court of Woody and those upstairs. So it would appear Jose wins again no matter how events unfold. We now expect the marquis signing we all know we need, and it's all on Woody if we don't get one.

I might be way off, but it does seem to fit quite nicely wirth Jose's usual way of going about things when he doesn't think he is going to get the backing that he wants. Thoughts anyone?
:rolleyes:

Some of you guys have this special talent where you can spin a 'board is oppressing Jose' narrative from any story

SaboTaj

I was talking to a Chilean restauranteur who had lived in Manchester fro 20 years. I made the obligatory quip about the weather and he told me that half of Chile is ‘brown and yellow’ because there is no rain and that the rain makes England ‘green and beautiful’. He was an optimist I think.
Starting to like them Chileans now.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Still nothing from Malcolm's mum's mutt's mate.

saaypundit

Not a chance.
What? Not sure if serious.
No way would/should we swap Martial for Alexis, or anyone else for that matter.
No thanks!!
That's the stupidest thing Ive read.

Martial is 22 with world class potential and in the current market is probably worth about £100m. Due to his contract situation and age, Sanchez is worth £20/30m.
No way. Even if Sanchez had several years left on his contract, his market value wouldn't be very much higher than Martial's, if any at all.
Some opinions on this forum genuinely scare sometimes. A swap with Martial? Imagine that guy being in charge of transfers.
This idea cannot be ridiculed enough.
In your arsenal fan dreams!
Feck off.
are you a United fan?
Ok then ......

More chance of Fergie taking over United again then seeing Martial in an Arsenal shirt
Hahaha...

Yes get rid of a 22 year old super talent and get a 29 super player? What should we pay for this to happen? 50 million?
Thank f*** you ain’t the manager!

You’d be mad to let Martial leave.
I don't know why people love Martial so much. We got bumped for him.

He isn't that good. Those hoping for him to become a world class player will be disappointed.

If Wenger wants him (because of his French player bias) then we should exploit it. Get rid of the dead wood and bring in a certified world class player to add to our firepower.

He is 22 and still plays like he did when he first came. No noticeable development. No consistency. Wrong attitude.

Sanchez is on the same level as Aguero, Kane, Hazard etc...

Also, he wouldn't be worth 100 mil in the current market. Noone would pay that for Martial. The max we would get is 50 mil. We can have Sanchez NOW. He can play in the Champions League, he can win games on his own, he has the work ethic, he has the quality.

Stop clinging onto the hopes of Martial becoming a world class player. He won't ever be that guy.

We should cut our losses now and get rid of him before everyone notices how average he is.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Has anything happened today to warrant the 15 pages added to this thread? :lol:
Nope.
You don't need to waste your time reading up, there's nothing, i've read through, unfortunately.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Di Marzio is obviously on the rip today. No updates. Think I’ll join him ffs

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
:rolleyes:

Some of you guys have this special talent where you can spin a 'board is oppressing Jose' narrative from any story
Never said that, and not spinning anything. I merely suggested Jose may be attempting to manipulate public opinion against the board in an effort to get his way. You surely can't deny he has done similar things before, so i was simply asking whether or not there is anything significant out there to suggest the board shares Jose's desire to sign Sanchez. :p

stepic

He isn't that good. Those hoping for him to become a world class player will be disappointed.

If Wenger wants him (because of his French player bias) then we should exploit it. Get rid of the dead wood and bring in a certified world class player to add to our firepower.

He is 22 and still plays like he did when he first came. No noticeable development. No consistency. Wrong attitude.

Also, he wouldn't be worth 100 mil in the current market. Noone would pay that for Martial. The max we would get is 50 mil. We can have Sanchez NOW. He can play in the Champions League, he can win games on his own, he has the work ethic, he has the quality.

Stop clinging onto the hopes of Martial becoming a world class player. He won't ever be that guy.

We should cut our losses now and get rid of him before everyone notices how average he is.
regardless of your thoughts on Martial, you're missing the simple fact that we don't need to include him in any deal. Arsenal are clearly willing to sell at the right price.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I honestly did not know you couldn’t pre contract between clubs in the same league. Now it’s been brought to light for me I can see it would be a massive conflict of interest, morally.
You can be sure that every club and agent worth their salt has an informal contact if they have a mutual interest. From what we hear and see almost all important transfers has months of preparation before they are finalized.

Sanchez contract situation was of public interest 18 month ago. I’m quite sure his agent has scanned the market from north to south the last 12 months so they had every possible options in front of them when January started.

If we sign Sanchez we will probably hear leaks that the initial contact was made months ago.

Nick7

:lol:

prateik

Oh dear.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Sounds like he has agreed to join us and they are trying to save face if you ask me. They thought he would do anything to play for Pep and were wrong, they overestimated their status, same as with VVD.
Could be the case but I believe he wants City and City know it so aren't willing to pay what Arsenal want

IrishRedDevil

Martial as 'dead wood' is one of the most bizarre things I've heard. Even if you don't rate him highly, it's still a weird thing to say.

Also we bought Martial for £36m with a lot of add ons and I think we have currently paid £56m for him, and that was well before transfer fees went through the roof. If you think he's worth £50m now then you really haven't got a clue! I bet you are useless with finances.

SaboTaj

Has anything happened today to warrant the 15 pages added to this thread? :lol:
On this thread today, we learnt that:

1) Someone’s probably posing as Malcom’s mum.

2) Chileans love rain. Manchester is a pilgrimage to them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He has turned us down twice before and has opportunity to go to a better team managed by a manager he knows. I give us a very slim chance here.

el3mel

Clear wum. Nothing to look at.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why pay Arsenal anything? Just from a business perspective. He will be free in 6 months. All we or City need is a pre-contract agreement. Only thing he can help with earlier for is the Champ League.
FA Cup?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

We should cut our losses now and get rid of him before everyone notices how average he is
Fecking hell

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

You’re either a WUM or you simply don’t understand football.

Nick7

Martial as 'dead wood' is one of the most bizarre things I've heard. Even if you don't rate him highly, it's still a weird thing to say.

Also we bought Martial for £36m with a lot of add ons and I think we have currently paid £56m for him, and that was well before transfer fees went through the roof. If you think he's worth £50m now then you really haven't go a clue!
Only has 9 goals and 8 assists this season, get rid!

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
If he wants City then he can stay until the end of the season and get his massive bonus. If he wants City so much he will sign for City.
I'm surprised Real Madrid are not in for him as well if i'm honest

They are having a nightmare of a season and need reinforcements

Sir A1ex

Even if the rest of your post wasn't hilariously wrong (no difference this season to last? Do you actually watch matches?), the highlighted part completely destroys your own argument. Sanchez is going for around £25-30m, so even if you're right (once again, you're not, btw) and Martial is only worth £50m, why are you so keen to throw away £20m?

sully1

whats this about?
Goals Arsenal Journo says his family has flown down too heathrow for his move. The Caf was confused if that actually is his family in the picture or some random south americans visiting london.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

What a load of rubbish.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Did i miss some white text or something?Martial is our best attacking player and our biggest talent since ronaldo.

IrishRedDevil

Please bring back the Newbie 10 like system.

sully1

clearly your opinion is in the minority.

Mourinho doesnt keep half arses, just ask Memphis. If Martial wasn't good enough he wouldn't be at the club simple. Theres a reason Arsenal fans want to replace Sanchez with Martial.

Dolf

Jesus christ, you're making us newbies look like complete idiots.
50m for Martial? Are you kidding me? He's only 22, that's 5-6 years before he even hits his prime and you're already talking about cutting our losses?

Reactions: SteveJ

izec

Why would his family come over from Chile if he moves from London to Manchester only? And how did he find out about it? Find that weird.

SaboTaj

Even if we assume all the tripe you’ve written is correct, why would anyone at United in their right minds move a player who is, in your own words, worth ~50 million when the other team is only looking for 30-35 million?

Trophy Room

clearly your opinion is in the minority.

Mourinho doesnt keep half arses, just ask Memphis. If Martial wasn't good enough he wouldn't be at the club simple. Theres a reason Arsenal fans want to replace Sanchez with Martial.
Mate don't entertain the guy, he's just a WUM looking for attention.

United Pro

Based on this post and your previous one, I'm guessing that you're an Arsenal fan? If not, then I'm not entirely sure where you're coming from when suggesting that we straight swap Sanchez for Martial. Right now, I wouldn't even straight swap Lingard for Sanchez from a financial perspective. Sanchez is simply a world class player, but only has 5/6 months left on his contract and is 29, while Martial is not quite the same level as Sanchez, but he's only 22, has been one of our best attackers this season and was bought for a fee that's now risen above £50m.

This all being said, Sanchez's current market value with only 5/6 months left on his contract is about £25/30m, while we could easily demand a total of £130/140m (including add ons) for Martial in this current market where Coutinho and Dembele went for similar amounts and Mbappe will cost near £180m. It would be incredibly stupid of us to sell Martial for less than £100m, never mind for the equivalent of about £25m (which would be a loss of about £30m on our initial investment for him).

Status
Not open for further replies.