Afghanistan

Which is highly unfortunate for women especially. And any who strives towards a liberal society.

Just make a safe space in-country to accept the distribution of female asylum seekers, and send them globally. You can’t save all, but you can save and reward enough to decimate the future of an oppressive regime.

? What's the point of replying with a Twitter video that could mean many different things without any actual context to anything.

The thousands of innocent people they’ve killed to get to this point don’t count?

That’s a hot take.

What are the official figures of deaths? They've taken most major cities in recent weeks with very few casualties, for a major overthrowing of a government backed by a military. Look at Isis in Syria, the Rohingya, various civil wars in Africa.. yes comparatively it's been very peaceful.

Of course innocents dying is bad, that goes without saying, but you know the point I was making.

Which is highly unfortunate for women especially. And any who strives towards a liberal society.

True. But they want to live according to the laws of a religion from the 700s. I'm sure if we tried to impose modern western society on Europeans a thousand years ago it wouldn't be taken too very kindly. Sad as it is but I'm not sure you can force that change on a population, if anything what we've seen over the last 20 years it just strengthens the resilliance against it.

At the least the disruption to the lives of most ordinary people has been low, which can't be said the same for most recent conflicts around the world. There's a silver lining to that.

If the Taliban are complicit in 9/11 for harbouring Al Qaeda, are the US, UK, France, Germany, etc. complicit in other terror attacks for harbouring white supremacists and ISIS cells?
This must seem like a devastating question if you give it less than 2 seconds' thought. I mean, honestly.

If the Taliban taking the country was detrimental to the 1% in England, USA, et al, it wouldn’t have happened.

The ruling class ghouls earn whatever side the pendulum swings. It going dead in the middle is where they earn least.
Well yes I imagine Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk must be on the phone to Biden right now berating him over the lost opportunities for Amazon and Tesla in Afghanistan...

Of course innocents dying is bad, that goes without saying, but you know the point I was making.
I do, but I reject it because you’re discounting the lives paid before the timeframe you stated. This casual dismissal of that cost of lives is objectionable because you’re trying to frame it as though they just recently started trying to take over the country which is simply not the case.

Well yes I imagine Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk must be on the phone to Biden right now berating him over the lost opportunities for Amazon and Tesla in Afghanistan...

Try and think for at least another minute before replying. That’s not the point. You know this

Many percents of the 1% have money invested in war. Those same people can get ahead of the market on a withdrawal they know will happen.

If you don’t get that, it’s a happy ignore.

This must seem like a devastating question if you give it less than 2 seconds' thought. I mean, honestly.
It comes down to the question of what harbouring actually means. 9/11 could have been planned in a basement in Anytown, USA.

Sad for the women of Afghanistan...desperately sad. But the US and the corrupt cnuts they put in charge should have known what was at stake. There needs to be hearings about how the US spent 2trn training a military that fell to a bunch of ragtags in 10 days.

Try and think for at least another minute before replying. That’s not the point. You know this

Many percents of the 1% have money invested in war. Those same people can get ahead of the market on a withdrawal they know will happen.

If you don’t get that, it’s a happy ignore.
I reject the simplistic notion that these wars have been caused by "the 1%" - whatever that means - looking for a quick buck. Yes, certain companies benefit from war. Doesn't mean they are pulling the strings of who gets invaded and when withdrawals occur. It's just the old "America invaded Iraq to secure the oil" argument in modern clothes (which you don't hear anymore and was never true anyway).

America keeps finding new ways to make itself look weak.
Sure, this is a disaster politically for Biden but to me, it looks like this day was always going to happen. It just depended on which leader was willing to stomach it.

Sad for the women of Afghanistan...desperately sad. But the US and the corrupt cnuts they put in charge should have known what was at stake. There needs to be hearings about how the US spent 2trn training a military that fell to a bunch of ragtags in 10 days.
Seriously. Questions need to be asked. Don't let the US government including previous administrations off easily.

From what I hear the Afghan goverment army had 300.000 tropps and were well equipped and had aircraft vs 75.000 Taliban. Of course that equipment is now in the hands of the Taliban.
That 300.000 figure is definitely fake.

I reject the simplistic notion that these wars have been caused by "the 1%" - whatever that means - looking for a quick buck. Yes, certain companies benefit from war. Doesn't mean they are pulling the strings of who gets invaded and when withdrawals occur. It's just the old "America invaded Iraq to secure the oil" argument in modern clothes (which you don't hear anymore and was never true anyway).

Grow up Nick

They…….. don’t care about women. Or Afghanistan

Watching the reporting on Sky News, seeing the quotes from Biden and Johnson, the Taliban have caught everyone off guard

:lol:

Remnants of an Army (1879) depicting the sole survivor of the British retreat during the first Anglo-Afghan War in 1842:

800px-Remnants_of_an_army2.jpg

It was painted during the Second Anglo-Afghan War, which actually went a lot better for the British.

I doubt the gains in various freedoms can be reversed. Too many females have gone to school over the past 20 years and are now employed and earning money to support their families. The Taliban (this version of them at least) will have to evolve their views a bit to compensate for this, or else deal with more resistance from the public against a backdrop of knowing their policies will be instensely scrutinized by the world on social media. This applies not only to education, but also women walking around without a male relative, wearing Burcas, media freedoms etc.
Tbf, all that you mentioned in the boldened didn't stop the Saudis having those rules in place for as long as I've known it. I distinctly remember going there in 2005 and having the feeling that all the rules and regulations placed upon women in particular were no different to the rules and regulations that the West were decrying the Taliban for.

The only difference was, that one was sitting in the Americans' good books, and the other, didn't.