Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

How comes in his last few years he seems to be only signing short term deals? No doubt coining in more money each time.
You want him at United, fair enough. I hope that United do t deal with him or his money grabbing mum

So, we should go for the more charitable footballers who play for free/donate their salaries? They're all in the basket, here.

What about a 2 year deal,like I say if INEOS feel he is asking too much then we will walk away
Sure. I mean it's pretty clear that they want to be fiscally responsible. As I said, I like the player but I just can't see a scenario wherein we achieve that and get Rabiot in.

Reliable reporter's have suggested that we are likely to only get a midfielder in on loan, which suggests to me that there isn't a lot of money to sort out that area of the pitch in this window. Free agents tend to command long contracts on big wages, with bigger signings fees, and Rabiot has the profile to stretch the limits on both of those.

There's also the consideration that the age profile of our current midfield options (Mainoo aside) is on the older side. Rabiot doesn't help with that. I think we're after a one-year loan so that we can do to midfield next summer what we're trying to do to the defence in this one.

If he was happy with 150k-a-week, he'd probably have accepted Juve's offer to extend. He's left them in the lurch because he wants a lot more.

He’ll definitely want a lot more, and a big signing on fee and probably a 4 year contract. It is the sort of signing we shouldn’t be even thinking about, put those funds towards a younger player. In reality he wouldn’t be a cheap signing in terms of the PSR hit and with funds already being tight to improve the midfield it wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

Can’t believe people are saying no. Hes a very good player, would suit us perfectly and if we sign him we could shift McTominay for pure profit. Obviously don’t break the bank in terms of signing fee and wages, but if he wants to come this is a complete no brainer.

Not this again. A Woodward signing through and through. 30 next season and expensive. Berrada and Ashworth aren't going to sanction the wages he would demand or the signing bonus, no doubt sizeable as well, and he is nowhere near good enough to justify such outlay.

Just no.

I would take him on 2+1 contract if the choice was between him and Amrabat. Otherwise, it's a no from me.

Looking for a big signing on fee and think his party is quite disruptive.

Believed this ship sailed a few seasons ago.

Elab
Can’t believe people are saying no. Hes a very good player, would suit us perfectly and if we sign him we could shift McTominay for pure profit. Obviously don’t break the bank in terms of signing fee and wages, but if he wants to come this is a complete no brainer.
Elaborate on how he would “suit us perfectly” in terms of his style of play, wages and sign on fee, and how your midfield set up will be.

"don’t break the bank in terms of signing fee and wages" don't you see this is exactly why people are saying no though? It will be the last contract of his career where he will be able to get a lot of money and if it's anything like last time he'll want a fortune.

Elab

Elaborate on how he would “suit us perfectly” in terms of his style of play, wages and sign on fee, and how your midfield set up will be.
Our midfield completely lacks quality of Mainoo was injured at any point we would be absolutely screwed with our current options. I really hope we can bring in Urgate as our primary starter, but Rabiot would bring great quality and experience. I could see any of the following working well.

Mainoo———Rabiot
————Bruno———

Urgate————Rabiot
————Bruno————

————Urgate————
Mainoo————Rabiot

He’s good enough defensively to cover as a DM and good enough on the ball to play as an 8. Would be the perfect squad player and I imagine would feature loads.

"don’t break the bank in terms of signing fee and wages" don't you see this is exactly why people are saying no though? It will be the last contract of his career where he will be able to get a lot of money and if it's anything like last time he'll want a fortune.
And if that’s the case then fair enough move on but if he wants to come then it’s a negotiation. The sign of fee would hopefully mitigate some of the wage demands. I would pitch a £10 million sign on fee and £100 - £150k wages. More than enough funds for a quality and versatile player who happens to have loads of top level experience. We simply can’t head into the season with our current midfield options, unless we want another desperately poor season.

He'd be a fantastic singing even on his previous demands. 150k a week and a 10mil signing on fee is fine for a player of his quality.

It's not cheap but it's probably about even with a young player such as Neves with a huge transfer fee considered.

The fact is we need some experience on top of young players and beyond free agents that would be too costly to acquire.

And if that’s the case then fair enough move on but if he wants to come then it’s a negotiation. The sign of fee would hopefully mitigate some of the wage demands. I would pitch a £10 million sign on fee and £100 - £150k wages. More than enough funds for a quality and versatile player who happens to have loads of top level experience. We simply can’t head into the season with our current midfield options, unless we want another desperately poor season.

He already turned down approx £110,000 per week (basic) from Juve. He'll be looking for closer to 200k and a hefty signing bonus on top.

He didnt impress me much during the Euros. He isnt much of a defensive DM, neither a creative playmaker type.

Might be a luxury purchase this summer, when we have specific needs.

If the total financial outlay is decent (wage + signing bonus) then I'd happily take him. I'd also say four years is probably the maximum we should offer rather than the usual five. He's not a brilliant player, but he'd easily strengthen our midfield options.

If the outlay is high then don't even think about it. Pointless to pay big money for older players. I know he's only 29, but we're a few years away from challenging for top honours so by the time the team is ready he'd probably be on the decline.

No dont go near this joker, rubbish every time ive seen him play, brings alot of nonsense and baggage with him.

NOT an INEOS signing at all.

Move on.

If the total financial outlay is decent (wage + signing bonus) then I'd happily take him. I'd also say four years is probably the maximum we should offer rather than the usual five. He's not a brilliant player, but he'd easily strengthen our midfield options.

If the outlay is high then don't even think about it. Pointless to pay big money for older players. I know he's only 29, but we're a few years away from challenging for top honours so by the time the team is ready he'd probably be on the decline.

Offering him a contract that long would be madness, thankfully I don't think this regime would do it.

No dont go near this joker, rubbish every time ive seen him play, brings alot of nonsense and baggage with him.

NOT an INEOS signing at all.

Move on.
I agree that he doesn't seem like an INEOS signing and happy for them to stick to signing players who suit the style they want rather than getting someone different just because it's easy and cheap(er) to do

I don't want CM to become the new Striker, where we just keep getting who is available and easy to do to "plug a gap" with no long term solution in mind.

If available for free and a sensible wage, we should certainly consider him on a two-year deal.

Some say we shouldn't bother due to his age, but we need a mix of youth and experience.

This would be a very good Casemiro replacement, considering he will want a big wage. We need some experience in the squad, so if we can negotiate a wage that is agreeable to lowering the overall wage spend, I'm all for this.

Move McT on
Refrain from signing Amrashat

Try and stretch that money to cover Rabiot on a free and structured Ugarte payments

If we need a bit more. Surely Casemiro and Eriksen can fetch a few quid

He already turned down approx £110,000 per week (basic) from Juve. He'll be looking for closer to 200k and a hefty signing bonus on top.
And if that's the case, and our management team don't think he's worth that, we can move on. As mentioned upthread it would be a negotiation and he'll get whatever teams decide he's worth.

Ultimately we need a replacement for Eriksen and Casemiro, if we can get him at a reasonable cost I think he gives us more legs in midfield and a good player with experience to replace the experience we'd be losing. If he's not worth the hassle/money then I imagine it's a non-starter anyway.

So far it doesn't look like there's any links from our side anyway.

When we tried to get him before he strung us along, wanted 250k a week then signed again for Juventus. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole

Do you blame him or anyone else for trying? It was clear that we, as an organisation, were offering employees a tonne of money. I'd hope anyone with a brain would demand ridiculous salaries.

Do you blame him or anyone else for trying? It was clear that we, as an organisation, were offering employees a tonne of money. I'd hope anyone with a brain would demand ridiculous salaries.
And I hope that our new brain quickly works out that it’s not worth engaging with them

Aye, lets be honest he's miles better than McT, Casemiro, Eriksen etc at this stage. On a free with a highly incentivised deal, he'd be a good option to have.