Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

He's only 29 so I think 3 years would be fine. I'd definitely consider 4 to be too many though.
You could be right but at 29 he might take a year to settle in if he doesn’t hit the ground running and without a preseason he definitely wont hit the ground running. That means we have to depend on him in his 30s. He won’t be on cheap wages either. We will be in the same situation 12-18 months from now.

Transfer
:lol: :lol: :lol: word!

If people think Ugarte and Mainoo can play all games in all competitions, at their highest level, the entire season - they need a reality check.

Exactly this. We are a few injuries away from an Casemiro / Eriksen midfield which wasn’t good enough two years ago. Feel for Mainoo he is getting over played and too much pressure. Fergie would of found a way of picking his games properly. We always used to have numbers in midfield its the one area in a football team you need numbers.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with him is his wages but then again we have been trimming players and non playing staff to free up funds so it may be worth the punt. We do need numbers in midfield as we are an injury away from a Casemiro Eriksen midfield.

Prediction : We won’t sign him. Slot will, everyone will lose their shit asking why we didn’t.

Think we should just sign him. Free Transfer

Exactly this. We are a few injuries away from an Casemiro / Eriksen midfield which wasn’t good enough two years ago. Feel for Mainoo he is getting over played and too much pressure. Fergie would of found a way of picking his games properly. We always used to have numbers in midfield its the one area in a football team you need numbers.

Mainoo looked absolutely shagged and run ragged against Liverpool as well. Needs a big rest.

Think we should just sign him. Free Transfer

Kone is expected to be part of the first team after settling in and getting his fitness up in the u21s and Colleyer is there too, probably why we won't sign him

Kone is expected to be part of the first team after settling in and getting his fitness up in the u21s and Colleyer is there too, probably why we won't sign him

How good is Kone? Hopefully he is good enough to step up. As much as I am all for promoting youth team players. What this club is built on. But the premier league right is very competitive. Not saying Rabiot is going win us the league but an experienced head who's legs are not gone would be welcome. Surprised we haven’t offered him a contract.

I doubt an 18 year old player, coming straight from Mali will be the reason we don't sign him. I think we either don't want him, or can't afford to put him on the books with Eriksen and Casemiro still on the payroll.

I would go for him and we should play 4-3-3.........we must be closer + deeper in midfield and he would be a big help for at least this season.

Mainoo - Ugarte - Fernandes

Rabiot - Casemiro - Mount

Collyer - Kone - Eriksen

I doubt an 18 year old player, coming straight from Mali will be the reason we don't sign him. I think we either don't want him, or can't afford to put him on the books with Eriksen and Casemiro still on the payroll.

If we have told him he'll get games after Jan then it could, and having him could be part of a reason we don't see a need for Rabiot just like Collyer

How good is Kone? Hopefully he is good enough to step up. As much as I am all for promoting youth team players. What this club is built on. But the premier league right is very competitive. Not saying Rabiot is going win us the league but an experienced head who's legs are not gone would be welcome. Surprised we haven’t offered him a contract.

No idea to be honest, but its reported he is expected to come into the first team this season after settling with the academy

It's been made clear a couple of times that for whatever reason Rabiot is not interesting for the club. There's room at midfield (especially with players possibly gone within a summer or two) and the wage compact has been trimmed a bit so I'm assuming it's a hard no on his profile.

If we have told him he'll get games after Jan then it could, and having him could be part of a reason we don't see a need for Rabiot just like Collyer
Sure, but I don't know how we'd be able to promise that. The jump in quality is absolutely gargantuan. I hope you're right though, because it would mean he's a special talent.

Sure, but I don't know how we'd be able to promise that. The jump in quality is absolutely gargantuan. I hope you're right though, because it would mean he's a special talent.

Well he was signed for the first team and not the academy, hes only training with them and playing for the u21s to get used to life in England. He isn't like Obi Martin an academy signing, he is a first team signing despite his age

That is very interesting

Collyer, for me, is better than Casemiro -100%. Even in Liverpool game, biggest game, even already two goals down, kid performed far better than Casemiro. That said, Casemiro was a train wreck so the bar was low. The real problem is - who can imagine Erik having balls to start a youth player ahead of 5-times UCL winner who is currently on 350K/week? Not shipping off Casemiro this Summer, however hard, is looking like a major planning failure

What makes you think that Kone is targeted for senior team? First I am hearing that and he was signed from Guidars FC, most of us have never heard of before, a team in Malian league. You don't come from that into United senior squad, not even for cup games, that is not believable. I will be shocked if Kone plays any senior minutes this year.

If we needed youth to introduce into the senior squad, we should not have sold Maxi Oyedele. He looked fantastic in preseason, I am still unsure why we offloaded him to Poland, for peanuts

Yeah just as we all suspected, if there's any truth in the Saudi link he's definitely going there
There were many here who refused to believe that. I mean if he's a free agent of course he demands much more than what he had earned at Juventus. Would really not surprise me if he ends up at Al Nassr.

His mom comes across similarly to Mino Raiola and Pogba, the football side of things has never been their first priority when deciding where they play, and how they deal with contract negotiations or transfers.

feck this guy. Imagine pricing yourself out while you're sat around doing nothing. Enjoy Saudi, or having to finally humble yourself like De Gea when reality hits, you realise that No1 wants to overpay for your current ability.

His mom comes across similarly to Mino Raiola and Pogba, the football side of things has never been their first priority when deciding where they play, and how they deal with contract negotiations or transfers.

feck this guy. Imagine pricing yourself out while you're sat around doing nothing. Enjoy Saudi, or having to finally humble yourself like De Gea when reality hits, you realise that No1 wants to overpay for your current ability.

Yeah if Saudi don't firm up their interest then he will have to humble himself which could benefit us

Doesn't say much for his attitude that he's happy to sit on his arse and not be picked for the national team just because he doesn't want to take a pay cut.

I would go for him and we should play 4-3-3.........we must be closer + deeper in midfield and he would be a big help for at least this season.

Mainoo - Ugarte - Fernandes

Rabiot - Casemiro - Mount

Collyer - Kone - Eriksen
to be fair, that's pretty decent

Mundo Deportivo says Barcelona want to sign him but they can’t because his mother asks 10 million euro a year.

It’s no wonder INEOS are steering clear, bringing in someone at that age on a mega contract doesn’t send the right message when you’re trying to reduce the wage bill at the club.

United have a new midfielder already.

Fans just need to stop thinking throwing more and more transfers into the mix will fix the problem.

But the starting 11 is still going to be 1 injury away from Casemiro starting games, Rabiot would mean Casemiro would not be the certain stand in for Mainoo or Ugarte.

Casemiro isn’t the issue, it’s the coach. Isolating him and setting up the midfield like he does, it doesn’t matter the personnel.

But the starting 11 is still going to be 1 injury away from Casemiro starting games, Rabiot would mean Casemiro would not be the certain stand in for Mainoo or Ugarte.
I think we will see Collyer used in the mix along with Eriksen. It is not a midfield group that is going to impress anyone but INEOS were pretty clear that we were not going to fix everything in one window. We clearly prioritized the defence in this window and any panic signing at this point is just as likely to end up being a drag on the wage bill next summer and get in the way of us signing the players we really want.

Casemiro isn’t the issue, it’s the coach. Isolating him and setting up the midfield like he does, it doesn’t matter the personnel.

Against Liverpool ETH was the reason Casemiro lost the ball so many times in midfield, because he was dawdling on the ball? Most other top clubs in the world have competent centre mids that play the ball quickly and don't fanny about in the middle of the park.

Against Liverpool ETH was the reason Casemiro lost the ball so many times in midfield, because he was dawdling on the ball? Most other top clubs in the world have competent centre mids that play the ball quickly and don't fanny about in the middle of the park.

Yes, I think so. The midfield rushes forward along with the full backs and it isolates him. Slot knew this, pressed him quickly and it got results.

Those bigger teams also have competent coaches that play to their players strengths.

United have a new midfielder already.

Fans just need to stop thinking throwing more and more transfers into the mix will fix the problem.

Yeah we do but needed to sign two, unlike some in this thread I'm not against signing him but needs to be reasonable with his demands, if not then feel free to go and reunite with Ronaldo in Saudi

Last edited:
“My mama said
That your life is a gift
And my mama said
There's much weight you will lift” (Cit.)