Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent.

We do. Its not about fees. Its about wage. We cant bulk another player into this bloated squad.

Not that we should cave in to any outrageous demand but we did release Ronaldo, Varane left and Martial saw his contract end, among others. Now obviously keeping the mass under control is good long term sustainability wise but you'd think there's room for a 200k player in there. Even with a sizable bonus upfront it's probably still a cheaper quality option than anyone we could sign from another club.

Even better to reject him.

1. Then we don’t actually have to have him (in which scenario Liverpool will have the last laugh after he plays)

2. It’ll show that even players they want who prefer us still aren't good enough for us. We should be in a different market to those slot bastards. Even if they are in the CL, they’re still inferior

I wouldn't want to reject him personally, however there has never been any concrete interest

Given our limited budget I am not averse to signing this guy on a 2+1/3 year contract. With Eriksen in his current state we really don't have another good option if Mainoo is out for a while. He could be a good option as he can play that 8 position well.
I get suckered in every time with Denmark that I think Eriksen can still do it further forward for us. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think hes a good backup as an attacking 8/10. We need more who can play deeper and aren't slow as shit.

I get suckered in every time with Denmark that I think Eriksen can still do it further forward for us. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think hes a good backup as an attacking 8/10. We need more who can play deeper and aren't slow as shit.

As a 10 probably. As an high octane 8 playing behind Bruno... not so much.

You would think IF the club were interested in offering him a deal he would have been mentioned by Sheth when discussing midfield options

He would be a good option as a midfielder if provide him with enough cover and only want him to ping passes while the other midfielders do the grunt work him. I don't think he'd work as an 8 or a 10 in the way ETH sets up the team.

He would be a good option as a midfielder if provide him with enough cover and only want him to ping passes while the other midfielders do the grunt work him. I don't think he'd work as an 8 or a 10 in the way ETH sets up the team.
I think he would if he has legs behind him, watching the way Denmark set up. He felt more dynamic in that side, not sure why or might be my eyes playing tricks.

Just get him in, we are looking at starting the season with Maguire in defence and Casemiro in dm, if we want to try and get at least top 6 we need so much better players

Just get him in, we are looking at starting the season with Maguire in defence and Casemiro in dm, if we want to try and get at least top 6 we need so much better players

Think he would be already if Utd wanted to sign him,seems he is only seen as backup signing

More or less on par with what he was earning at Juve, slightly less since it was 148k

Surprisingly sensible wages if true. He'll probably renegotiate if he gives a good season.

I like Rabiot, and I am desperate not to start the season with Casemiro as the dm,

I still think this is a no brainer. Even with a signing bonus he'd be a great addition to a squad severely lacking in depth. We need to remember that Maino is still young, and has never played a full season in his life at that level. We need competition and quality in depth.

More or less on par with what he was earning at Juve, slightly less since it was 148k

Surprisingly sensible wages if true. He'll probably renegotiate if he gives a good season.

I still think this is a no brainer. Even with a signing bonus he'd be a great addition to a squad severely lacking in depth. We need to remember that Maino is still young, and has never played a full season in his life at that level. We need competition and quality in depth.
It’s caughtoffside. My gran is more reliable than them.

It’s caughtoffside. My gran is more reliable than them.

Yeah when someone remotely reliable speaks then I will think it might have legs, unusual for them to give a weekly wage figure though

If the wage is right he immediately becomes one of best midfielders, easily in front of the current versions of Eriksen, Casemiro and McT, not sure he is the player we need in particular so hopefully if we sign him he is an extra not the one and only, is he the right style for an ETH set up? not convinced he is but short of buying 2 or 3 midfielders to rotate with Bruno, Mount and Mainoo or promoting Gore and Collyer we are woefully short of legs and quality in midfield

If this happens (which I don’t think it will) I reckon it’ll be so that they can afford to sign Branthwaite

They likely won’t sell enough players to sign both Branthwaite and Ugarte

He will add calmness factor to our midfield, like Matic’s first season I think.

Ugarte and Rabiot in then Casemiro and Eriksen out please, I’d rather have Collyer as back up to Ugarte for a season than Casemiro in his current state.

Ugarte and Rabiot in then Casemiro and Eriksen out please, I’d rather have Collyer as back up to Ugarte for a season than Casemiro in his current state.

Yeah that's what I would like to see but like I have said before there is no one reliable tweeting it

quality CM will be curious to see if they come to an agreement but even more so if he has the ability and wheels play CM in the premier league

It looks extremely unlikely that we will be able to sign Ugarte. Sounds like we ran out of money.

While neither of them are ideal, I think I would much rather have Amrabat as starting DMF than Casemiro. Amrabat will never be top Casemiro level, but at least he is not done and finished.

quality CM will be curious to see if they come to an agreement but even more so if he has the ability and wheels play CM in the premier league

I think he has the ability and wheels to do it, however still no one trustworthy is mentioning Utd are pursuing a deal to sign him so will ignore it

given our situation....he's on a free and would make a lot of sense to add him IF they believe he's got the legs to do it more than Eriksen and Casemiro

given our situation....he's on a free and would make a lot of sense to add him IF they believe he's got the legs to do it more than Eriksen and Casemiro

Very true, however does make me laugh when Utd fan channels reference Tutto Juve and Caught Offside which are known garbage

If this happens (which I don’t think it will) I reckon it’ll be so that they can afford to sign Branthwaite

They likely won’t sell enough players to sign both Branthwaite and Ugarte

Nah I think we'll get both done (not Branthwaite, De Ligt). We're still in the market for additional depth at DM, LB, RB and RCB. My guess is loan + obligation to buy for Ugarte and use the funds raised from McTominay and Lindelof transfers to fund De Ligt.

Obviously Mazraoui for AWB straight swap and wing it at LB.

Honestly, considering who we are paying more than that, I think 130-145K/week is not a bad deal, at all, if we have no chance of signing Ugarte

Rabiot is not a long term solution but most would agree that he can do the job better than Amrabat, or the pensioner Casemiro, and is miles better player than half of the squad we carry

Honestly, considering who we are paying more than that, I think 130-145K/week is not a bad deal, at all, if we have no chance of signing Ugarte

Rabiot is not a long term solution but most would agree that he can do the job better than Amrabat, or the pensioner Casemiro, and is miles better player than half of the squad we carry

Problem is that wage figure comes from source that I thought was on the banned list

Rabiot plays a different position than both Case and Amrabat. So not sure how you think signing Rabiot is going to make us better at CDM?

Nah I think we'll get both done (not Branthwaite, De Ligt). We're still in the market for additional depth at DM, LB, RB and RCB. My guess is loan + obligation to buy for Ugarte and use the funds raised from McTominay and Lindelof transfers to fund De Ligt.

Obviously Mazraoui for AWB straight swap and wing it at LB.
I don’t see De Ligt as a United player. Can’t picture it

They’ve made 2 formal bids for Branthwaite and I’m sure they’ll want to get him in before September

I don’t see De Ligt as a United player. Can’t picture it

They’ve made 2 formal bids for Branthwaite and I’m sure they’ll want to get him in before September
De ligt is more likely of the two. Bayern need to see and de ligt isn't as expensive as a overpriced Branthwaite