Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

Don't most of our squad have a CL bonus in wages built in ?
Maybe can be used as a carrot that next year, provided we qualify to CL, he'll get a better deal salary wise, if he can stay reasonable for 24-25.

As a 2 seasons stopgap to groom Mainoo while not overexerting him we could do worse.

Still need to get at least a proper 6 to rotate Casemiro.

true...looks like they are deciding between the four of xavi, olmo, ugarte and rabiot but probably spending more time trying to figure out how to move McT and Casemiro to make room

i mean if it's a free and only costs you wages with no signing bonus, i don't see the negative impact of making him an offer.
Surely it has to be the last 2 players you said. The first 2 are more like AM aren’t they. We need an actual CM/DM type.

Don't most of our squad have a CL bonus in wages built in ?
Maybe can be used as a carrot that next year, provided we qualify to CL, he'll get a better deal salary wise, if he can stay reasonable for 24-25.

As a 2 seasons stopgap to groom Mainoo while not overexerting him we could do worse.

Still need to get at least a proper 6 to rotate Casemiro.

It's a wage reduction.

Adding rabiot will make us a physical team aswell as still being technically good. Yoro, Rabiot and Zirkzee all add height and technical ability which is quite rare.

Adding rabiot will make us a physical team aswell as still being technically good. Yoro, Rabiot and Zirkzee all add height and technical ability which is quite rare.
Zirkzee is shit in the air. Hojlund isn't great in the air and if I'm not mistaken I heard Yoro could be better in the air too.

Zirkzee is shit in the air. Hojlund isn't great in the air and if I'm not mistaken I heard Yoro could be better in the air too.
Still gives them an edge over shorter players though. Just being tall always gives you a chance of winning headers. And being physical helps you bully players of the ball.

Still gives them an edge over shorter players though. Just being tall always gives you a chance of winning headers. And being physical helps you bully players of the ball.
Im unsure on this. Zirkzee is the tallest and won 40% of his aerial duels if I'm not mistaken. That's hilariously bad.

Im unsure on this. Zirkzee is the tallest and won 40% of his aerial duels if I'm not mistaken. That's hilariously bad.

Weghorst was another who was abysmal in the air. Non-competers.

Maybe but to be fair if there playing in teams that like to play decent football and keep the ball on the floor then they’ll prefer to be technically good rather than good in the air. He may win a few headers on like set pieces etc. but we’re not playing like mourinho style so aslong as he’s good with ball to feet it should be alright.

I’m not sure why so many are wanting to bring Rabiot in as a defensive midfielder as he isn’t a defensive midfielder any more than Mainoo is and isn’t someone you’d use as a 6, if Rabiot were to come in he’s much more likely to alternate with Mainoo for that role.

If Casemiro is staying and Ugarte coming in then you have those two and Collyer for that role, Rabiot would alternate with Mainoo for that role then Fernandes and Mount for that role whilst Eriksen unless moved on would be used as back up at 8 or 10.

I’d have Ugarte - Mainoo - Fernandes as the first choice three with Casemiro or Collyer - Rabiot - Mount as the back up three then next summer you definitely move Casemiro and Eriksen on, giving Rabiot a two year deal allows him to maybe move to Saudi in a couple of years for a final payday or us to get a small fee next summer if it doesn’t work out.

I’m not sure why so many are wanting to bring Rabiot in as a defensive midfielder as he isn’t a defensive midfielder any more than Mainoo is and isn’t someone you’d use as a 6, if Rabiot were to come in he’s much more likely to alternate with Mainoo for that role.
still, the leap in quality of our bench from McTominay to Rabiot would be generational.

If we can get about 35mil for Casemiro and Eriksen, get ugarte and rabiot for about 50, that’s really really good business. 15mil net for those two is actually really really smart.

Would give us the best midfield we have had in a while.

still, the leap in quality of our bench from McTominay to Rabiot would be generational.
Yes definitely a big leap in quality but I get the feeling some people don’t actually know anything about some of the players we’re often linked with or interested in, they often want square pegs in round holes.

One of my best mates is a Juve fan and has said for a couple of years that Rabiot is a very underrated player and from what I get from him Rabiot playing as a defensive midfielder would strip him of all his best assets, yes he can tackle and is good positionally but he’s much better when allowed to play as a cross between Mainoo and McTominay.

What I’d like to see this coming season is Mainoo not overplayed as much so we don’t burn him out but have someone who can slot into the same role seamlessly which Rabiot could do, if Casemiro stays then him and Collyer can fight it out as back up to Ugarte when he signs and Rabiot can play as an 8 should he sign.

Yes definitely a big leap in quality but I get the feeling some people don’t actually know anything about some of the players we’re often linked with or interested in, they often want square pegs in round holes.

One of my best mates is a Juve fan and has said for a couple of years that Rabiot is a very underrated player and from what I get from him Rabiot playing as a defensive midfielder would strip him of all his best assets, yes he can tackle and is good positionally but he’s much better when allowed to play as a cross between Mainoo and McTominay.

What I’d like to see this coming season is Mainoo not overplayed as much so we don’t burn him out but have someone who can slot into the same role seamlessly which Rabiot could do, if Casemiro stays then him and Collyer can fight it out as back up to Ugarte when he signs and Rabiot can play as an 8 should he sign.

Yeah exactly how I would like to have seen him utilised but seems the club aren't offering him deal

I dont think we would get both. One or the other imho. Unless we shifted out more than just mctominay to make space for one of them.
If Eriksen leaves then it's possible imo. And then if Casemiro leaves I can see us bringing Amrabat back as well.

DM: Ugarte, Casemiro/Amrabat
CM: Mainoo, Rabiot
CAM: Bruno, Mount

2 options for each midfield position.

If Eriksen leaves then it's possible imo. And then if Casemiro leaves I can see us bringing Amrabat back as well.

DM: Ugarte, Casemiro/Amrabat
CM: Mainoo, Rabiot
CAM: Bruno, Mount

2 options for each midfield position.

That makes a lot of sense, however if there was any serious interest then pretty sure we would have offered him contract by now. Convinced we enquired about the terms of a deal and swiftly walked away.

Last edited:
Rabiot sounds like one of those "personal terms agreed, signing him immediately when we sell players", that Melissa Reddy was talking about earlier.

I've always appreciated him as an all-rounder midfielder with great defensive attributes, and would love to see him play for us on a 2 year contract and at the right price. He puts in matured performances and would be good especially for Collyer's development.

Rabiot sounds like one of those "personal terms agreed, signing him immediately when we sell players", that Melissa Reddy was talking about earlier.
He is a free agent. So, we don't have sell to get him in.

The sales are about wage budget, the cash for these players (excluding Rabiot) is almost certainly there.
I doubt that. The wage budget automatically drops down by about 25% due to us being in Europa (as has been reported). We lost couple of high earners in Varane & Martial too. Also, I haven't read the latest earnings report but usually our wage budget is at a good %age to our overall turnover and not an issue.

I think the Yoro injury has refocused everyone's attention on how unfit our second XI are for the roles expected of them. For me, that currently holds true for RCB, LB, RB, CM and DM. Fixing the CM depth by signing this guy on a free will be pretty decent business. Martial, Varane leaving already opened up a decent chunk of wage budget space. I'd go for him unless he demands something outrageous (250k p/w or whatever) and sees himself as a key player.

I think the Yoro injury has refocused everyone's attention on how unfit our second XI are for the roles expected of them. For me, that currently holds true for RCB, LB, RB, CM and DM. Fixing the CM depth by signing this guy on a free will be pretty decent business. Martial, Varane leaving already opened up a decent chunk of wage budget space. I'd go for him unless he demands something outrageous (250k p/w or whatever) and sees himself as a key player.

What would be your maximum wage offer?

We do. Its not about fees. Its about wage. We cant bulk another player into this bloated squad.
Really? Where have you read that. We have only Case, Eriksen, McTom & Mainoo for the CM spot. We haven't re-signed Amrabat yet. Rabiot, if we sign him, will come in & take his spot. I don't know why would we need to sell someone to sign him.

At the moment we have two players for every position & an insurance policy in Evans as our squad. It's not bloated, atm.

Really? Where have you read that. We have only Case, Eriksen, McTom & Mainoo for the CM spot. We haven't re-signed Amrabat yet. Rabiot, if we sign him, will come in & take his spot. I don't know why would we need to sell someone to sign him.

At the moment we have two players for every position & an insurance policy in Evans as our squad. It's not bloated, atm.
Especially in the 6/8 position, we are certainly not bloated. He'd be a great signing and even better if he snubs Liverpool for us.

Especially in the 6/8 position, we are certainly not bloated. He'd be a great signing and even better if he snubs Liverpool for us.
Given our limited budget I am not averse to signing this guy on a 2+1/3 year contract. With Eriksen in his current state we really don't have another good option if Mainoo is out for a while. He could be a good option as he can play that 8 position well.

I think signing Rabiot on a free and Ugarte for a decent fee would be a good improvement on our midfield options for the coming season.

haha sign him for that alone :lol:
Even better to reject him.

1. Then we don’t actually have to have him (in which scenario Liverpool will have the last laugh after he plays)

2. It’ll show that even players they want who prefer us still aren't good enough for us. We should be in a different market to those slot bastards. Even if they are in the CL, they’re still inferior