Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent.

You’d swear his mother was paying the wages of half the members of this form.

She’s dead f*cking right, demand as much coin as she can for her boy.

We are moving towards signing young players that could be the next big thing or world class. Even if failed, we will still be able to sell them to minimise the losses because they will still be relatively young.

We already know Rabiot peak and that's not what we want in the long term. We want the best in class.

Possible losing 3 midfielders, I'd take him in a few just for his versatility.

Meh I feel we should avoid older players at this stage.

I don't consider 29 that old, also what happened in 2022 hasn't put me off wanting him. I see this as similar deal to Eriksen but difference being he has plenty more left to give.

I don't consider 29 that old, also what happened in 2022 hasn't put me off wanting him
It’s more about where we are at the club. We have to build a lot at United and it takes time. For this stage that we are in, I much prefer the Arsenal approach of buying 25 and under so that you are able to mould and develop players with the system and someone not working is not a total disaster. When you sign the Casemiro’s and Rabiot’s, there’s no scope for growth, change or missteps and them struggling becomes a burden on the club with little to no takers.

The CAF is crazy at the moment.

Rabiot: His mums crazy, he is a cancer in the dressing room. With almost no evidence to any of that.

De Ligt: Extremely injury prone and failed at Bayern. Both were simply not true.

Branthwaite: Slower than Maguire. etc etc

I dont get how this misinformation spreads when its 2024 and we have all these platforms to check the information.

I don't consider 29 that old, also what happened in 2022 hasn't put me off wanting him. I see this as similar deal to Eriksen but difference being he has plenty more left to give.
I think Rabiot would be a good signing. We need to balance out the ages through the squad. We can't just bring in too many young players.

Rabiot and Ugarte to come in, with Casemiro, McTominay and Eriksen to depart. That would be great midfield turnover.

Bruno
Mount
Mainoo
Ugarte
Rabiot
Collyer

Those are some good midfield options.

It’s more about where we are at the club. We have to build a lot at United and it takes time. For this stage that we are in, I much prefer the Arsenal approach of buying 25 and under so that you are able to mould and develop players with the system and someone not working is not a total disaster. When you sign the Casemiro’s and Rabiot’s, there’s no scope for growth, change or missteps and them struggling becomes a burden on the club with little to no takers.
I'd definitely agree when it comes to any large outlays of cash, but considering we are probably (hopefully?) losing quite a lot of experienced players it might be a good idea to bring in some players that are around Rabiot's age if they are available for a decent price (transfer fee, signing fee and wage). So it depends on just how much he's asking for; and whether ETH and the club thinks he'd be useful as a player of course.

I'd definitely agree when it comes to any large outlays of cash, but considering we are probably (hopefully?) losing quite a lot of experienced players it might be a good idea to bring in some players that are around Rabiot's age if they are available for a decent price (transfer fee, signing fee and wage). So it depends on just how much he's asking for; and whether ETH and the club thinks he'd be useful as a player of course.
That’s a fair point on young players but A) I’m not sure we’ll successfully sell all the older players who aren’t good enough - Amrabat, Eriksen and Casemiro and B) is Rabiot really the experienced stalwart we want amidst the young players? - That player doesn’t need to be 29, could be 25 /26 instead, plus he’s hardly like Xhaka at Arsenal who was a leader.

Don't think 25 years age should be the hard limit. If that player is good enough, can come in with reasonable wage, then I don't see why we can't sign older players.
At some point, experience can count a lot in 38 matches run. As long as ten Hag prioritize playing the younger players then it should be ok

Don't think 25 years age should be the hard limit. If that player is good enough, can come in with reasonable wage, then I don't see why we can't sign older players.
At some point, experience can count a lot in 38 matches run. As long as ten Hag prioritize playing the younger players then it should be ok
We can, I just personally would prefer us not to. I raised this flag when we signed Casemiro too. It’s different if you’re on the brink of a title challenge and need that player to get you over the line. In our position when we are probably 4-5 years ( in a great scenario) away from any challenge, I don’t see the point. Anyway it’s fine - but what would you say are reasonable wages? Hasn’t Rabiot been at many big clubs? Doesn’t sound like a cheap addition either. If we add him, I hope it’s on a short contract.

Rabiot: His mums crazy, he is a cancer in the dressing room. With almost no evidence to any of that.
Didn't his mom confront the French coach and start something with Mbappe's entourage over a loss?

If he agrees to a reasonable wage then he would be great for squad depth. We again need a big rebuild and need to take opportunities like that.

There's plenty. He fell out with PSG a couple of times - forced to train with the reserves in one instance and wrote an open letter to the FFF asking them to force PSG to put him back in the senior squad. His mother had a go at Mbappe and Pogba's families in the stands of a France match. He refused to be called up for France as a reserve and when Deschamps called him immature he wrote an open letter basically saying 'no I'm not, you're an idiot for not bringing me as a first-teamer'. He went out clubbing the night after we knocked them out of the CL and liked Evra's post celebrating the result. His mother said PSG were holding him 'hostage' when they were resisting selling him to Juve.

This is not a player the Caf is going to get on with.

No doubting his ability, he’s a baller

I have an issue around the money grabs that his mum tends to aim for. If we can calm her down then go for it.

I also want a ball winner in though.
As we set RIO on getting Yoro, might use Giggsy to soften Rabiot's mum, on a serious note she never caused any issues for clubs in the past. In my eyes she is a saint compared to wanda, only time she got upset was with Deschamps when he didnt select her son for worldcup. I guess it was the mother talking (emotional) rather than agent talk. I think she will do fine here.

Ugarte/Rabiot/Mainoo/Bruno/Mount that is a better looking midfield and with good backline I have a feeling Casimiro delivers this year if he stays as he is not 36 and still only 32.

I think we don't have money is a myth, look at the last minute 50M bid went in for Onana, we can work around if we really want a player like spreading money over the years etc but INEOS guys are cleverly injecting this tight budget idea on purpose so we cant be ripped up with huge transfer fee demands, I agree we cant spend like oil clubs but we can still do well in the market considering we could also generate money on player sales like Greenwood,McTominay,Sancho,AWB,Lindelof.

United fans are more scared of Rabiot‘s mother than Ronaldo is about being outshone by Messi.

Journeyman refers to a players ability, or rather lack of it, not the number of clubs he's played for.
That's true. But journeyman has 2 meanings and the most common one in football is about a player who changes club's frequently.

Don't want him and don't think he'll be much of an upgrade

I’m all up for the Rabiot transfer

We’ve been way too sensible this summer and this would help inject a bit of old-school bullshit. Even things out a bit.

There's plenty. He fell out with PSG a couple of times - forced to train with the reserves in one instance and wrote an open letter to the FFF asking them to force PSG to put him back in the senior squad. His mother had a go at Mbappe and Pogba's families in the stands of a France match. He refused to be called up for France as a reserve and when Deschamps called him immature he wrote an open letter basically saying 'no I'm not, you're an idiot for not bringing me as a first-teamer'. He went out clubbing the night after we knocked them out of the CL and liked Evra's post celebrating the result. His mother said PSG were holding him 'hostage' when they were resisting selling him to Juve.

You are mixing a lot of things and distorting them. He didn't fell out with PSG a couple of times, the first "story" is one where he asked to be loaned because as a very good 17-18 years old he wasn't playing enough, there was no fell out. The second "story" is again PSG low balling him while giving big contracts to lesser players, he rejected their offers and Henrique eventually stated that Rabiot had to chose between accepting their offer or being sent to the reserve(which is illegal in France and LFP sanctioned them), PSG are the only ones that acted poorly.

The club story is also not one, PSG had already ostracized, they also did something that some of you conveniently ignore. They used the death of his father and grandmother to sanction him and ban him from the team, he asked to not go to Doha in order to attend his grandmother's funeral, the club agreed and actually made a public announcement, a few weeks later he was fined and banned for not attending Doha's training camp which is the context of the hostage comment, because PSG's behavior was an attempt to force Rabiot to extend if he wanted to be treated normally, it had nothing to do with Juve. And she was 100% right.

Agree with this. We've had our share of drama. We need players with the right mentality.

The CAF is crazy at the moment.

De Ligt: Extremely injury prone and failed at Bayern. Both were simply not true.

Branthwaite: Slower than Maguire. etc etc

I dont get how this misinformation spreads when its 2024 and we have all these platforms to check the information.
Do you really think that members here actually do their research before posting? ;)

Didn't his mom confront the French coach and start something with Mbappe's entourage over a loss?
Let's sign the mom. She sounds like the kind of enforcer we need in midfield. I guess Adrien can tag along if he really wants...

This all comes down to wages and length of contract to see if it makes sense. We need cover for Mainoo, especially with him featuring at the Euros.

The new team seem to be doing a decent job on negotiating, so trust they won't fall into the same historic mistakes.

You are mixing a lot of things and distorting them. He didn't fell out with PSG a couple of times, the first "story" is one where he asked to be loaned because as a very good 17-18 years old he wasn't playing enough, there was no fell out. The second "story" is again PSG low balling him while giving big contracts to lesser players, he rejected their offers and Henrique eventually stated that Rabiot had to chose between accepting their offer or being sent to the reserve(which is illegal in France and LFP sanctioned them), PSG are the only ones that acted poorly.

The club story is also not one, PSG had already ostracized, they also did something that some of you conveniently ignore. They used the death of his father and grandmother to sanction him and ban him from the team, he asked to not go to Doha in order to attend his grandmother's funeral, the club agreed and actually made a public announcement, a few weeks later he was fined and banned for not attending Doha's training camp which is the context of the hostage comment, because PSG's behavior was an attempt to force Rabiot to extend if he wanted to be treated normally, it had nothing to do with Juve. And she was 100% right.

I'm not saying he was necessarily in the wrong in all these incidents. Just that he has enough of a track record of drama - either his own or his mother's - that I would expect some here and the Caf is notoriously unforgiving of players bringing any kind of drama.

I'm not saying he was necessarily in the wrong in all these incidents. Just that he has enough of a track record of drama - either his own or his mother's - that I would expect some here and the Caf is notoriously unforgiving of players bringing any kind of drama.

He doesn't have a track record for drama, now the french press has a track record for making shit up and trying to create drama. Rabiot has done one thing wrong, one thing that can be labelled as drama and it's refusing to be a reserve option for the 2018 WC, that's it. The rest is BS, mainly created by L'Equipe to sell paper and PSG through Le Parisien to put pressure on players which has been revealed through the Football Leaks.

And frankly it's annoying to see that PSG's dirty actions have actually worked, they are the ones that mainly created the drama through social media using bots and paying papers.

Now compare it to his last 5 years with Juventus, has Juventus had any issues with him, any drama with him or his agent?

He doesn't have a track record for drama, now the french press has a track record for making shit up and trying to create drama. Rabiot has done one thing wrong, one thing that can be labelled as drama and it's refusing to be a reserve option for the 2018 WC, that's it. The rest is BS, mainly created by L'Equipe to sell paper and PSG through Le Parisien to put pressure on players which has been revealed through the Football Leaks.

And frankly it's annoying to see that PSG's dirty actions have actually worked, they are the ones that mainly created the drama through social media using bots and paying papers.

Now compare it to his last 5 years with Juventus, has Juventus had any issues with him, any drama with him or his agent?

They are about to create drama for Mbappe to ,apparently he is taking them to court for unpaid bonuses and salaries.

Ugarte and Rabiot would be massive upgrades in midfield for us. Different style of plays aswell. Will allow us to play different combinations.

Kadioglu could be useful as can play LB/RB
He can play LW and RW as well. We have a history of multifunctional players in our squad traditionally: Clayton Blackmore - Phil Neville - John O Shea. Kadioglu imho would be a useful signing.

Ugarte and Rabiot would be massive upgrades in midfield for us. Different style of plays aswell. Will allow us to play different combinations.
I dont think we would get both. One or the other imho. Unless we shifted out more than just mctominay to make space for one of them.

I dont think we would get both. One or the other imho. Unless we shifted out more than just mctominay to make space for one of them.

Hope we do as they offer different things,also there is no transfer fee involved for Rabiot. What about if Ugarte replaced McTominay and Rabiot replaced Hannibal/Eriksen.