6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he should be starting on current form over Dalot, who at the moment isn't adding anything in both directions for me.

While AWB has his faults attacking m, he seems to actually get forward and beyond Antony a lot more, even if the end product isn't amazing.

Defensively I actually feel comfortable with him one on one vs anyone.

Still have reservations about his attacking play but for now he should be our starting RB.

Still have reservations about his attacking play but for now he should be our starting RB.

How I see it too. Never rated him because his lack of ability on ball. But he's putting more effort in that Dalot and defending better so for that he should be starting.

We still need a top right back though.

He’s improved which can only be a good thing. Either we have a solid backup next season or we get money for him in the summer.

Either way right back is a position we should be looking to strengthen next season.

My main reservation about Aaron is his defensive awareness.

1v1 on the deck he's great. When the ball is in the air though, or passes are being played across him he often loses it.

He can be easy to play around because he gets tunnel vision: He just sees what's immediately around him and everything else fades away.

That being said, right now, he's easily first choice right back. His all around game has developed much more than I imagined he could. Until he has another bad game, the right back slot is surely his to lose.

By actually coaching, Ten Hag has brought out his best quality by a mile in attack, which is his movement without the ball. He cuts well and decisively. I kind of liked the blind cut back to the top of the box. If he's not sure what's going on in attack, that's worth a gamble, Lampard scored 15 goals a year from that spot and Scholes the same when he was a #10. Bruno is just far more chaotic positionally, but Fred could have been there or one of Weghorst or Rashford dropping off to surprise a defender who was too deep.

Absolute credit to him for turning it around. Dalot came into this season almost forcing AWB out of the door, but post WC and AWB is a standout as first choice

It's ridiculous that Dalot has been starting over him in the last couple of weeks.

Not saying we would have done much better with him against Pool but he should have started. So much better than Dalot

Thats not what you said. You said he will never reach the level of Dalot. Like Dalot is Cafu reborn.

Dalot was better than him. Form is temporary. If he cant get back to that level, he will be replaced. AWB is not on that level Dalot was on before the world cup. He is currently better, but still not good enough to be a starter for United. He never will be IMO, just lacking certain important aspects in his game.

Dalot was better than him. Form is temporary. If he cant get back to that level, he will be replaced. AWB is not on that level Dalot was on before the world cup. He is currently better, but still not good enough to be a starter for United. He never will be IMO, just lacking certain important aspects in his game.
AWB has had multiple seasons where he has looked a quality player. Dalot has had 1/3 of a season where you could say the same. Prior to this year, he was largely underwhelming both here and during his loan to Milan. If the statement "form is temporary" applies here, the bigger outliers are AWB's poor performance last season and Dalot's very good performances at the start of the season. Dalot has much more to prove going forward from what I can see.

Not saying we would have done much better with him against Pool but he should have started. So much better than Dalot
I thought they were 2 calls ETH got wrong against Liverpool. Yes it’s hindsight but it didn’t make sense to start with.

AWB should have started instead of Dalot because it was up against Nunez who is rapid.

Playing Bruno on the left against Trent was the worst call ETH has made to date for me. Simply because it was well known Trent has been struggling all season and was the weak link to target. Playing Bruno there gave Trent the day off. Should have been Rashford, Sancho or Garnacho targeting him on that side.

Better than Dalot for me. A better defender at least. do they both meet the standards and consistency we look for? Not sure about that

He’s improved so much. So many players improved as well. Credit to ETH. You wonder if he could have improved Lingard too

Last edited:
I thought they were 2 calls ETH got wrong against Liverpool. Yes it’s hindsight but it didn’t make sense to start with.

AWB should have started instead of Dalot because it was up against Nunez who is rapid.

Playing Bruno on the left against Trent was the worst call ETH has made to date for me. Simply because it was well known Trent has been struggling all season and was the weak link to target. Playing Bruno there gave Trent the day off. Should have been Rashford, Sancho or Garnacho targeting him on that side.
2 bad calls by him and it shows you cannot shoehorn players in. You rather make tough calls and bench players

Only gripe with him in second half of the season was losing Nketiah for equaliser at Emirates

Am I the only 1 that just bloody furious at him when everything he tries to do he has to "involve" a tackle with it.

For example : against Betis he got the ball outside the box where he could strike it(got blocked) but he did it with a tackle and instantly went to the ground! just stay on your feet man , what is wrong with you ?

ETH was thinking “if Pep can do it, so can I.”

Man Utd 0:0 Southampton
His bottom level is diabolical and even at his top level there's clear deficiencies that make him unsuitable for a top club.

Get rid in the summer.

He seems to get disconnected from time to time. He almost cost us a goal today. Didn't even bothered to run back at full speed to catch up Walcott.

Poor attitude feck hin

Some good, some absolutely diabolical.

Was a bit like having off-day Fred at right back.

He was okay when he came on. He’s going to have to pull his finger out these next few weeks with Casemiro missing so many games. His United career is likely on the line so let’s see if he steps up.

Exactly, I thought he was really good today.

There are players that will always come under fire when we lose and he's one of them. It's comical really.
He absolutely was not really good. He is lucky De Gea saved his bacon from that ridiculously bad pass which set them up for a one-on-one, and he needlessly gave the ball on loads of other occasions as well. Really bad game from him.

He absolutely was not really good. He is lucky De Gea saved his bacon from that ridiculously bad pass which set them up for a one-on-one, and he needlessly gave the ball on loads of other occasions as well. Really bad game from him.
It was just the two bad passes. The fact that you only remember that is actually proving his point.

His improvement has been outstanding, but don't think neither him nor Dalot are good enough to be starting here. One of them could stay as backup, but we need a new RB. Someone who actually provides going forward.

Sometimes he just loses concentration i guess, but needs to cut out the sloppy passing/clearances. Did a lot of things well today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.