6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 2nd half I didn't notice him so much; which is a dramatic improvement on the first half when he just looked out of his depth, making so many basic errors.

I shot blocked - I thought he took slightly too long to shoot. 2 key passes. I think one was for Sancho's poor connection that got deflected narrowly wide.

Could he have done better for Barcelona's goal from the corner ? I'd need to watch it again. It was in his zone, even if he was marking another player. He seemed to assume someone else would deal with it. Alonso scored from almost the exact spot Wan Bissaka was stood when the corner was taken. That's not great judgement.

Last edited:
Wish I could give him a big dollop of confidence.

Big stage and he looked nervy. He's better than that.

But ultimately still had a couple of good moments.

Why does he keep letting the ball go across his body in the hope there is no one there and he can run on to the ball, it just shows a total lack of spacial awareness.

So he's good? That's why he barely played so far for Ten Hag and was at fault for numerous goals under Ole?
You can all hope for him to get better but he never will he hit his ceiling almost 2 years ago and will never get better.
Oleball's transfers have been an absolute jokefest for this club

Had some bad moments in the 1st half but he is becoming such a good player
I was really impressed with him and the team in the 2nd half

So he's good? That's why he barely played so far for Ten Hag and was at fault for numerous goals under Ole?
You can all hope for him to get better but he never will he hit his ceiling almost 2 years ago and will never get better.
:wenger:

Some seriously clueless posts on here.

He had to deal with Gavi, Pedri and Jordi Alba coming down his side and barely got any help from Bruno although that seemed to be the gameplan.

Did he make a few mistakes? Yes, but so did everyone else on the pitch including the likes of Casemiro and De Jong who are extremely accomplished on the ball.

He put 3 or 4 terrific crosses that we should have done better with.

What the feck was he doing letting the ball run past him not once but twice? :lol:

Fine you don’t rate him, but a championship player?

Fine you don’t rate him, but a championship player?
Have you not seen him play? He's been here for almost 4 years now and he's not even improved. He's done the same headless chicken positioning whenever the opponents are attackin leaving him in no man's land.
Zero positional awareness, poor composure,...
His contract is up next year hope he's gone in the summer.

Shocking tonight and could have cost us badly. Dalot is levels ahead but he’s going to need a run to get sharpness / confidence back. Hopefully he rediscovers his form and we can replace Bissaka in the summer.

I wouldn’t even say Lindelof is championship level, catch yourself on lads

It's all the rage nowadays. If you're not good enough to be a starter for Manchester United then you're a "Championship player." There's no in between. Maybe such people should place a bet on AWB's next club being in the Championship, odds would be fantastic so should be easy money.

I'm starting to think this bloke is deaf in one ear, his awareness of what is around him is that bad. Fair play to him, he has knuckled down and been an able body for us this season. But he is not a good enough player long-term.

I'm starting to think this bloke is deaf in one ear, his awareness of what is around him is that bad. Fair play to him, he has knuckled down and been an able body for us this season. But he is not a good enough player long-term.
This made me chuckle, I know have this thought that he goes shooting on his weekends but doesn't put ear plugs in

He's improved of late (going forward and in build up play), but he's still very dozy/lacking awareness... Couldn't believe twice, he thought he'd have enough time to just turn and let the ball run across him, in to his path.

Was surprised Dalot wasn't brought on at half time/early in the second half.

An up and down game for him. He let the ball run across himself a couple times, and that put us in trouble. He did well going forward, though, and he played some good passes over the top to Bruno. His attacking play was better than his defending tonight.

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as most people seem to.

He really let the ball run past him not once but twice. I was fuming at my TV.

I still think long-term, we need a better RB than him(and Dalot).

He had some good moments, but he is a very frustrating player to watch. His defensive awareness at times is shockingly bad, but he's unmatched in 1vs1 situations.

Funny how none of the mistakes he made resulted in a goal, while Casemiro made just one and got punished for it.

Surely with our resources, we can identify someone who can defend as well as he does but not be so glaringly out of depth in possession of the ball?

People will be shocked if Dalot played. He is out of form and may cause us the game. There is a reason why ETH selected AWB when both of them are fit now.

Currently, AWB is the better player. At their best both are comparable with their own pros and cons.

Moving forward we should sell one of them and get an upgrade someone like Shaw at the RB. One of AWB and Dalot should be backup RB.

IMO, I will keep AWB because I think he is better defensively and has higher ceiling.

He’s been injured most of the season tbh. When he’s been fit he’s played/been in the squad.

People will be shocked if Dalot played. He is out of form and may cause us the game. There is a reason why ETH selected AWB when both of them are fit now.

Currently, AWB is the better player. At their best both are comparable with their own pros and cons.

Moving forward we should sell one of them and get an upgrade someone like Shaw at the RB. One of AWB and Dalot should be backup RB.

IMO, I will keep AWB because I think he is better defensively and has higher ceiling.
I agree bar the conclusive sentence. IMO, their ceiling is a the same. AWB can be forever vastly better one vs one defender, but his situational awareness doesn't look like improving all this year which overall defensively is not good. You don't need to dribble past AWB to create issue in his defensive zone.

He’s been injured most of the season tbh. When he’s been fit he’s played/been in the squad.
So he's been injured last season aswell? Because he barely played for Rangnick aswell
ncAbCDM.jpg

Rangnick was clearly a bad manager.

Don’t think anyone played well last season.

Rashford was dropped for Elanga ffs.
AWB played bad under Ole aswell when we were actually looking good at times.
He fecked us in UCL and in Europa League with his poor positional awareness.
Some of you seem to have fish memory

this compilation is from sep 2021
2 years later and still doing the same mistakes where he's caugh in no man's land :lol:

Last edited:
The coach who taught him how to defend when he was young should never be allowed to be near any academy.

He rarely scans his surroundings. His brain seems off whenever the opposition counter-attacks us after our spell of ball possessions.

In that regard, he is similar to Maguire.

I do think he still has time to improve, but it will be a big task for him and EtH. He should spend his summer vacation binge watching Gary Neville or Wes Brown clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.