6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
His attacking game is fine when he's confident, played today a nice ball to Casemiro in the buildup to the 2nd goal.

Erik has said he has been brilliant so far so that is enough for me.

I think he might stick around until I see him cross the ball with the space he's afforded by Antony and Bruno's work. If he is swapped out for Frimpong this summer it will be because Antony is seen as undroppable by Ten Hag, I think. If he stays, it will be partly because we're already making a ton of changes (Striker, Keeper, CM, CB coming in and Martial/Weghorst, McTominay, Maguire and De Gea leaving) to a group that is vibing well so why make one more?

Did contribute nicely to the 2nd goal with a good passing decision and hit another decent cross at one point, but there are RBs who will do that every game.

He looked slower than normal and he still has no clue what to do once he gets near the opponents goal. I'm afraid it might be instincts that just can't be taught.

Had a brilliant cross in the first half. Got caught out at the back post (again) but it wasn't punished.

In general did his job very well. Again.

Unless we go out an buy one of the best right backs available in the summer I’m not sure we have much to complain with having AWB and Dalot.

delighted he has found form again. This is the same player we saw in his debut season at the club. Still think Dalot will get the spot back but having this guy as back up is a very good option

It’s always a mixed bag with him, isn’t it?
I really like how he improved his movement in the attacking phase — he doesn’t just constantly overlap now but he also does the underlapping runs from time to time… but damn, if only he was capable of picking a man before making a pass instead of closing his eyes and crossing roughly towards the middle of the box.

He also doesn’t switch off as often as he did earlier, which was an infuriating habit, but he still has issues with his defensive positioning. Outstanding in tackle but it goes without saying.

Still, at least he looks like a proper player now and even if we don’t keep him as our starter (I’m still of the opinion that we shouldn’t), we’ll be able to get a good fee for him.

Really pleased for him with the form he is showing now and is looking better moving forward.

There is a reason he was taken off when we were under a lot of pressure at the end of the game. He simply cannot be relied upon to concentrate and put in a shift when he needs to. Hes lazy when it comes to positioning and tracking because he can usually get back and he is very good at last ditch tackling. Thats of almost no use when the opposition is camped outside your box and you need to be focussed on tracking runs, positioning yourself properly and not letting anyone get a run on you.

Its bloody scary watching him at times as you see him notice a player and just waft about instead of busting a gut to get where he needs to be. Or as he lets a player drift away from him into space to get a run in on him on a cross.

In the wrong situations he is a massive liability at the back. Hes good when you are defending against a counter attack or a simple rush from the opposition but once things get chaotic or congested hes poor.

ten Hag knows Bissaka has a problem with defending awareness, and knowing palace decided to go lot of crosses, he subbed him off. It’s an aspect I hope ten Hag is able to improve him by coaching. Whether he will improve in that aspect, who knows.

Why did he miss the Leeds game? Dalot didn't look ready and Aaron was in good form last few games. Was he injured?

Both Dalot and AWB have their respective strengths but I feel AWB was needed for this game.Gnonto wouldn't have had the field day he did with him on the pitch. But then again even though his crossing isn't as bad as made out, I doubt he would have delivered the ball for the first goal like Dalot did.

People say he's not good going forward, but he's actually brilliant getting from the right back position through midfield and into the attacking third. He's unbelievably good at it. That's pretty massive as he sets us up in attacking positions. I prefer him to Dalot

Leeds United 0:2 Man Utd
Big improvement on Dalot by virtue of actually being able to run.

Did well when he came on, more proactive and aggressive in the tackle than the passive Dalot. His passing was decent too.

Who would have thought that he would have done so well for us lately?, fair play to him.

Barcelona 2:2 Man Utd
Difficult first half. Improved a lot in the 2nd

Gives the ball away so often, final ball really poor, and dopey in defence. I can see the mistakes he’s going to make before he does them.

His first half was atrocious. Better second half but defo one position we need an upgrade

He was fine, although I can't say I'm surprised to see people taking shots at him. Same would happen if it was Dalot. Win lose or draw, someone has to get it right?

He was fine, although I can't say I'm surprised to see people taking shots at him. Same would happen if it was Dalot. Win lose or draw, someone has to get it right?

He was OK in the second half. In the first it was like he has never played football before.

Status
Not open for further replies.