Music A thread with limited appeal...for Rush fans & those who like 'proper' drummers

Gotthard have surpassed the mere drum solo. Drum battle!

(Steve Lee is the singer of the band, and sadly died last year in a road accident)

Rush are the worst "classic" rock band ever. Just another in a long line of trash music from Canada that punishes the world(Dion, Twain, Bieber, Nickelback, Simple Plan.....what a country)

Luckily Devin Townsend is good enough to make up for the rest of Canada.

Rush are the worst "classic" rock band ever. Just another in a long line of trash music from Canada that punishes the world(Dion, Twain, Bieber, Nickelback, Simple Plan.....what a country)

yeah but Neil Young....

plus

the band
the guess who
black mountain
gordon lightfoot
ladyhawk
steppenwolf
arcade fire
the mcgarrigles

not to mention Tommy Chong from cheech and chong

I heard he tried to get back with Dream Theater during the winter, but was refused by the other band members.

yeah but Neil Young....

plus

the band
the guess who
black mountain
gordon lightfoot
ladyhawk
steppenwolf
arcade fire
the mcgarrigles

not to mention Tommy Chong from cheech and chong

Arcade Fire are french, and Neil Young doesn't even support a Canadian hockey team, what a Canadian Hero.

feck off out of my thread...:mad:

But what about Bryan Adams?

:lol:

Remember when he came to Sheffield Poly in the mid 80s, they couldn't give the tickets away. I feel the same way now, the only reason I'd take a Bryan Adams ticket would be to sell it to someone else at a vastly inflated price...

Dave Lombardo is a fecking beast. Father of the ak-47 double bass. :drool:

Sully Erna from godsmack. Their lead vocals but is also a drummer.

Not the most technical solo with polyrythms and stuff but a good listen.

I am a massive fan of Tool and I am also quite fond of women so.............

You should read Kenney Jones autobiography. He chats a lot of drumming technicals and he's had a fairly decent career.

You should read Kenney Jones autobiography. He chats a lot of drumming technicals and he's had a fairly decent career.
Great rock drummer imo, one of my favourites of the 60s crop.

Ooo excuse to share this absolute beauty. Tis monster.

Peart is (was) awesome. Very melodic drummer actually: really follows and responds to the music rather than just playing his groove throughout sections.

Since everybody is plugging their favorite drummers in here, I'll bring up Terry Bozzio. He played with lots of bands (including Zappa) but also does solo tours with his huge drum kit that allows him to play truly melodic compositions of his own. For example:

One of my favourite drummers has always been Sean Reinert, who I think really deserves a mention in this thread. I always felt like Neil Peart was his most obvious influence. It's almost fitting in its sadness that he passed away not three weeks after Neil Peart earlier this year, though sadly at a much younger age. Interestingly, he also lists Terry Bozzio among his influences, who is mentioned two posts above this one. Reinert is most famous for helping to popularize technical death metal on Death's Human and of course Focus by Cynic. The best video I could find was from a later Cynic record, more mellow but such a lovely grooving drum track. He was never technical or fast just for the sake of it, but there's always plenty going on in his tracks.