2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Nothing we haven’t known since 2016.

20% of Americans are bigots.

It’s worse. It’s 40-45% of voters.

That the Democrats can’t make an argument big enough to get more people out to vote is the greatest tragedy.

Much as with the Uk for the longest time, Tens of Millions of Americans just see Politics as something that just ‘happens’ to them.

From the perspective of pure spectacle, what we all watched last night was epic, like watching a wax clown being slowly inserted into the furnace.

That the Democrats can’t make an argument big enough to get more people out to vote is the greatest tragedy.

Much as with the Uk for the longest time, Tens of Millions of Americans just see Politics as something that just ‘happens’ to them.

It is the news filter that everything goes though that is the issue in America. It is hard to break though that media bubble that many are in. That is why the debates are so important.

Fox News are a cancer to this country. A organization that will make you believe that black is white, just because they know they have a susceptible captive audience that that can make money off.

The likes of Sean Hannity, who's whole stick is telling his viewers how the mainstream media is biased towards Democrats, while simultaneously having his head 8 inches up Trump's rectum. These people are no honest brokers. We know this from the texts that were shown post Jan 6 from the likes of Hannity and Carlson.

Tucker Carlson texts re Trump.....

“I hate him passionately. We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/05/all-the-texts-fox-news-didnt-want-you-to-read.html

Fox News hosts would piss on your leg and tell you its raining.

Fortunately I don’t think telling people they’re too stupid to vote has ever stopped anyone from voting

The irony of him saying this while leaving;

“If your favourite tiny ventriloquist doll is telling you not to vote, you probably should”

Just hanging in the air as immediate response.

As a Canadian, I'm aware of that. Was more surprised that Republicans would have a problem with it.
I'm guessing they're not shooting them, if an AR-15 was being used tyhey'd be grinning from ear-to-ear!

It is the news filter that everything goes though that is the issue in America. It is hard to break though that media bubble that many are in. That is why the debates are so important.

Fox News are a cancer to this country. A organization that will make you believe that black is white, just because they know they have a susceptible captive audience that that can make money off.

The likes of Sean Hannity, who's whole stick is telling his viewers how the mainstream media is biased towards Democrats, while simultaneously having his head 8 inches up Trump's rectum. These people are no honest brokers. We know this from the texts that were shown post Jan 6 from the likes of Hannity and Carlson.

Tucker Carlson texts re Trump.....

“I hate him passionately. We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/05/all-the-texts-fox-news-didnt-want-you-to-read.html

Fox News hosts would piss on your leg and tell you its raining.

They have blatantly said in court that they make up random shit that no sensible person could ever believe because it is entertaining, improves ratings and makes them tons of money. Their lawyers stress time and again that most of what they say are so easily disprovable, absurd and contradictory that it would be unreasonable to hold the network responsible for it as anything other than comedic entertainment.

And yet, here we are.

What the feck will it say about the American public if they elect this man…again
That the electoral college is not fit for purpose, because it gives too much voting power to states populated by a small handful of uneducated hicks.

Everything else aside… that was the best and most controlled version of Trump that I’ve seen in a decade. He was mostly coherent and lucid that I’ve seen him.

And yet still… his paper thin ego got distracted like a moth when a brighter light goes on.

He’s an absolute ghoul. The most useless of useful idiots when his buttons get pressed.

That Americans vote for him in such numbers is horrifying.

What the feck will it say about the American public if they elect this man…again
The same if he doesn't win. Regardless of what the Electoral College vomits out, tens of millions of American will think Trumps is fit to serve as President. It's a massive indictment on the country as a whole.

Everything else aside… that was the best and most controlled version of Trump that I’ve seen in a decade. He was mostly coherent and lucid that I’ve seen him.

And yet still… his paper thin ego got distracted like a moth when a brighter light goes on.

He’s an absolute ghoul. The most useless of useful idiots when his buttons get pressed.

Really? I thought it was one of his most deranged displays yet. He was at his best in the last debate against Biden as he was debating a zombie and his confidence was high.

Pretty sure this didn’t get mentioned during the debate.

The root cause seems fairly obvious looking at that. In 2021 the American Rescue Plan expanded eligibility that year for child tax credit to a lot more low income families and increased the amount of the credit. That tax credit ended in 2022.

Guess who tried to get that passed again, and guess who blocked it.

Really? I thought it was one of his most deranged displays yet. He was at his best in the last debate against Biden as he was debating a zombie and his confidence was high.
Clearly. Some of the clips I've seen from yesterday were objectively terrible debating from Trump. The topic is immigration (Trump's stronghold), Harris pivots to Trump's lame rallies, and he swallows it hook, line and sinker, and starts rambling about crowd sizes. Then he moves into the cats and dogs eating. I doubt Harris could believe it worked.

I thought he was worse than against Biden. Kamala found it much easier to trigger him

That the electoral college is not fit for purpose, because it gives too much voting power to states populated by a small handful of uneducated hicks.
The uneducated hicks are everywhere, if the red part of California form its own state, they would be something like the 8th or 9th most populous state in the US.

It’s more about the unfortunate fact that the US Constitution and House legislation that capped the House at 435 seats gave hicks disproportionate electoral power in general.

Last edited:

I thought he was worse than against Biden. Kamala found it much easier to trigger him

I guess he’s just a hard read lads. Against Biden I thought he coasted as he was up against a barely cogent pensioner.

He seemed to quote global politics and leaders with far higher accuracy than I have seen before.

Maybe I don’t watch enough of him tbf.

It was a reaction to Clinton citing Trump's quote about Orban during the debate.

The root cause seems fairly obvious looking at that. In 2021 the American Rescue Plan expanded eligibility that year for child tax credit to a lot more low income families and increased the amount of the credit. That tax credit ended in 2022.

Guess who tried to get that passed again, and guess who blocked it.
The same people who turn down federal funding for school meals or try to remove them from schools entirely. Also the same people who have been rolling back child labor laws.

Pretty sure this didn’t get mentioned during the debate.

So, when you posted this was it through the lens of:

A) Holy shit the Biden Harris administration doesn't care about kids.
B) Holy shit the economy is tanking, even for kids.
C) Holy shit, the reason this is happening is that the GOP refused to make the expanded child tax credit permanent and it expired and Trump should have been nailed for that.

Trump lost by 7 million votes last time. Our electoral college is a flawed mechanism.

Trump lost by 7 million votes last time. Our electoral college is a flawed mechanism.

Oh I know how it works.

But also, the flaws are baked into his campaigning. He seeks out idiots, and America has a lot of them.

That the Democrats can’t engage the youth and non-idiotic adults to come out and vote the fat orange cnut out of existence is on them.

The UK has been fcuked by the same sickness.