2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Biden speech impediment reporting is reaching absurdity, for something that doesn't really effect anyone, and that's just the supposedly neutral or left media. They'd need to do wall to wall reporting covering concerns with the other guy and his party every day from now until the election to claim any semblance of unbiased objective journalism.

Came across this today: https://gop.com/press-release/trump...000-person-strong-election-integrity-program/

About the launch, President Trump said, “Having the right people to count the ballots is just as important as turning out voters on Election Day. Republicans are now working together to protect the vote and ensure a big win on November 5th!”

RNC Chairman Michael Whatley, Co-Chair Lara Trump and Chief Counsel Charlie Spies, together with the Campaign, designed this new program to have over 100,000 dedicated volunteers and attorneys deployed across every battleground state as part of the RNC’s commitment to ensuring transparency and fairness in the 2024 elections.

They've shown us what they are capable of, won't wait around for recounts if/when the first count goes their way and no doubt have all kinds of other shit planned to improve on their 2020 attempts.

America is so utterly fecked.

As it has been said before, 40k voters across 3 states won the race for Biden in 2020. The margin was razor thin then, and that was when Trump's terrible 4 years was fresh in peoples minds. And also when Biden could speak.

This is why the EC is the worst way to determine a winner. Biden beat Trump by 7m votes. It was razor thin due to the insane way the US selects its president.

From the first moment.

" Did you watch the debate afterwards" ? from the interviewer.

"I don't think I did no" Biden.

You see the problem here is either he has watched it and he is lying or he didn't watch it because he knows how bad it would be so ran away from it, or he is so useless he didn't think to rewatch the debate he is getting pelters for.

But even worse given this all points to mental decline, he gives the impression he can't remember whether he watched it or not.

How bad does this have to get before someone throws the towel in for him. He is getting creamed.

From the first moment.

" Did you watch the debate afterwards" ? from the interviewer.

"I don't think I did no" Biden.

You see the problem here is either he has watched it and he is lying or he didn't watch it because he knows how bad it would be so ran away from it, or he is so useless he didn't think to rewatch the debate he is getting pelters for.

But even worse given this all points to mental decline, he gives the impression he can't remember whether he watched it or not.

How bad does this have to get before someone throws the towel in for him. He is getting creamed.

That he's going to blindly stagger on to certain defeat is utterly insane.

The interview isn't being particularly well received. Better than his debate performance, but he still seems to struggle with talking properly. Dems in Congress have apparently scheduled a Zoom call to discuss options this weekend.

Are you old enough to remember the end of Muhammad Ali's career?

It came to mind watching Biden. It is like the people who are supposed to be protecting him, are ruthlessly exploiting him for the last penny they can get.

Sad/ pitifully.

Biden speech impediment reporting is reaching absurdity, for something that doesn't really effect anyone, and that's just the supposedly neutral or left media. They'd need to do wall to wall reporting covering concerns with the other guy and his party every day from now until the election to claim any semblance of unbiased objective journalism.

How is it doesn't effect anyone, when the Commander in Chief of the mightiest nation in the world is losing his mind so bad that he can't string a coherent sentences?

At this rate the Biden defenders are just as bad as Trump's, they simply refuse to see things as it is (albeit for a different reason)

The man's gone mentally, he can't function at McDonalds let alone the sitting president.

Can a mod tell me what rule did my "pivot" joke violate to be deleted?

feck me he’s only 81? I thought he was like 86 or something.

He's 81 and doing a one of the most stressful jobs imaginable. Look at the toll it took on the recent presidents in their 40s/50s when they took office.

He's older than Bill Clinton and W Bush and they've been retired for decades.

Even that interview which was clearly staged to recover some reputation still looked quite bad. It’s not just about how he’s speaking but also about the things he’s saying.

Seems like they are genuinely fine throwing away the elections at this point.

That's not quite correct. Trump is a symptom of a country that allowed and nurtured the conditions for a corrupt demagogue to rise to power.

Its a process that has been gradually building since the corporate deregulation of the early Reagan years.

This is why Bernie Sanders also rose to prominence during the same period as Trump - to fill a void that traditional political bureaucracies like the DNC and RNC couldn't fill, and is also why populism has suddenly become a viable entry point into American politics.
You can extend this reasoning to Europe politics.

The problem with replacing Biden at this stage is that you can’t even get onto the ballot in certain states since the deadline has already passed or rapidly approaching. It’s the biggest obstacle. Everything else, from the fact that money in the super PACs can’t be transferred to the new candidate of an open convention floor fight is secondary.

A Democratic candidate must submit a declaration of intention in Pennsylvania by 1/8/2024, while convention date is 19/8, what are they gonna do, just get everybody to register and see what sticks? I doubt at this stage they even know who can be persuaded to stand at the convention should Biden drops out.

It’s a massive clusterfeck.

The absurdity is calling this spectacle "a speech impediment".

That answer to "what if Trump wins" should finish him off. Incredibly tone deaf and undermines the Dems' entire campaign.

Last edited:
The problem with replacing Biden at this stage is that you can’t even get onto the ballot in certain states since the deadline has already passed or rapidly approaching.

This just isn't true. So long as the DNC follow their rules the candidate nominated at convention will be the one on the ballot in all 50 states.

It would be absolutely insane to let him continue to sleepwalk towards a defeat. Surely, deep known, no-one actually believes he can turn this around at this point. I'm not sure Whitmer or Newsom can win, I'm pretty sure Harris can't, but it's dead certain Biden will lose.

Are you old enough to remember the end of Muhammad Ali's career?

It came to mind watching Biden. It is like the people who are supposed to be protecting him, are ruthlessly exploiting him for the last penny they can get.

Sad/ pitifully.

Not in real time, no. I've seen clips and interviews though. It's a good analogy.

https://ballotpedia.org/Deadline_to_run_for_president,_2024

There’s no federal mandate for candidate filling, it’s up to the state’s ballot access law, you can take it to the courts but it’s absolutely the case.

Point me to any specific instance and I'll show you why you're wrong.

Edit: the main mistake people seem to make is in assuming that rules for "independent candidates" and members of "political bodies" also apples to members of "political parties". Every state has a mechanism by which the nominee at the party convention becomes the candidate on the ballot.

How is it doesn't effect anyone, when the Commander in Chief of the mightiest nation in the world is losing his mind so bad that he can't string a coherent sentences?

At this rate the Biden defenders are just as bad as Trump's, they simply refuse to see things as it is (albeit for a different reason)

The man's gone mentally, he can't function at McDonalds let alone the sitting president.

Because decision making, policy, leadership, management and administration is all that actually matters people's lives, whether they know it or not. Do you care more about the price of drugs putting your life in jeopardy, or whether the boss mis-speaks in an interview? To cite one of many examples. Biden has a very good track record on that front I've not seen anything to suggest it won't continue.

Important decisions are made carefully with all the analysis and relevant advisors around you. That's just how it works, important leadership roles anywhere, government or McDonalds, are about getting the right people around you and getting the best out of them. The common idiotic response is "well who's running the country!?" Lots of people, competent ones if you elect the right leader, but if people want a dictatorship, that's what they'll get.

And that was hardly a soft-ball interview, as one person said. Literally every single question for 25 minutes was about Biden's personal health and if he should step aside, every single one, ignoring anything said about his accomplishments. A Fox presenter would have been proud and they got their 10 second soundbite. It was a prime time showing where he did manage to list out his accomplishments to people who are perhaps on the fence and showed he can take tough questions without throwing a hissy fit.

Having said all that, 'image' is of course extremely important for electability, whether I like it or not, and his is on the floor. If a replacement has a better chance then he needs to go. That's up to the Dems to make the right call, hope its the right one because the whole world suffers this time if they don't win.

Because decision making, policy, leadership, management and administration is all that actually matters people's lives, whether they know it or not. Do you care more about the price of drugs putting your life in jeopardy, or whether the boss mis-speaks in an interview? To cite one of many examples. Biden has a very good track record on that front I've not seen anything to suggest it won't continue.

Important decisions are made carefully with all the analysis and relevant advisors around you. That's just how it works, important leadership roles anywhere, government or McDonalds, are about getting the right people around you and getting the best out of them. The common idiotic response is "well who's running the country!?" Lots of people, competent ones if you elect the right leader, but if people want a dictatorship, that's what they'll get.

And that was hardly a soft-ball interview, as one person said. Literally every single question for 25 minutes was about Biden's personal health and if he should step aside, every single one, ignoring anything said about his accomplishments. A Fox presenter would have been proud and they got their 10 second soundbite. It was a prime time showing where he did manage to list out his accomplishments to people who are perhaps on the fence and showed he can take tough questions without throwing a hissy fit.

Having said all that, 'image' is of course extremely important for electability, whether I like it or not, and his is on the floor. If a replacement has a better chance then he needs to go. That's up to the Dems to make the right call, hope its the right one because the whole world suffers this time if they don't win.
It's not only about electability. Communication is not simply a PR excercise for a president, it's an important part of governing. Not just in terms of explaining things to voters and making them feel seen, heard and secure, trusting that their country is in good hands, but also with other leaders. In a one-on-one call or meeting with, say, Netanyahu, being sharp, strong and firm is important, not just in terms of getting your point across but also in terms of getting your way. Let's say he has another "bad night" in the final round of peace negotiations with Putin where he struggles to put sentences together and remember important facts. Are you saying that wouldn't be a very bad thing for everyone?

Last edited:
Am I crazy or is that not clearly edited? The picture freezes completely a couple of times early on. Surely Biden doesn't have that much control over his face.

I don't think so unless ABC themselves did it? What timestamps? Here's the full interview cued to the relevant part. Seems to last the same amount of time.

The thing the Biden camp seem to be ignoring is that people might be able to be convinced that Biden is actually not that senile and actually still just about OK now (they can’t be convinced of this for the record), it is impossible to convince people that in 2 or 3 years time Biden is not going to be a dribbling mess.

He’s POTUS for feck sake, the most powerful man in the world. He should be sharp and cognisant, he needs to be able to see and understand hugely complex issues and be able to communicate and negotiate on them.

The thing Americans value more than anything else in their leaders is strength and currently I could see some Democrats voting for Trump on this virtue alone.

The thing the Biden camp seem to be ignoring is that people might be able to be convinced that Biden is actually not that senile and actually still just about OK now (they can’t be convinced of this for the record), it is impossible to convince people that in 2 or 3 years time Biden is not going to be a dribbling mess.

He’s POTUS for feck sake, the most powerful man in the world. He should be sharp and cognisant, he needs to be able to see and understand hugely complex issues and be able to communicate and negotiate on them.

The thing Americans value more than anything else in their leaders is strength and currently I could see some Democrats voting for Trump on this virtue alone.
Anyone voting for Donald Trump is completely out of their minds politically, no ifs and buts, it is completely unacceptable behaviour, and I doubt that Democrats would be voting for Trump over this. The problem is that they won't be voting for Biden. I am lost for words at what a shit show this is. How could we find ourselves in 2024 and it is actually worse than 2016. How can a country be so braindead.

I guess that these might be a bit cherry picked but this comparison is....stark. Now, as Pexbo says, imagine the same guy sitting down in 4 years time. It just isn't tenable.

The whole pumping his face full of botox, bronzing his skin and putting fillers around his eyes is a terrible idea. His facial muscles are so sedated that his facial expressions genuinely look dead. They need to stop trying to pretend he isn't old and making him "look vibrant".

It's not only about electability. Communication is not simply a PR excercise for a president, it's an important part of governing. Not just in terms of explaining things to voters and making them feel seen, heard and secure, trusting that their country is in good hands, but also with other leaders. In a one-on-one call or meeting with, say, Netanyahu, being sharp, strong and firm is important, not just in terms of getting your point across but also in terms of getting your way. Let's say he has another "bad night" in the final round of peace negotiations with Putin where he struggles to put sentences together and remember important facts. Are you saying that wouldn't be a very bad thing for everyone?

That isn't how negotiations at that level work. Most of the details are sorted out long before two world leaders meet face to face. When they do finally meet, translators who are involved are expert negotiators and diplomats, who have gone through weeks of preparation with the president and the state department.

Every call has 3-5 experts sitting in, with their staff, some are in the room with the president.

The biggest hurdle for success in negotiations with foreign leaders is the president's ability to pick the best qualified advisors, know what can and can not be done, understand the reports his staff presents and understand the underlying politics. A president that approaches negotiations like "one on one" business negotiations will fail, break the law or make huge diplomatic blunders (for example quid pro quo) - see Trump's presidency.

Biden's age and verbal slip ups are of no consequence to his ability to be president in those situations. His "strength" in negotiations come from the power of the country, his choice of cabinet staff, and his understanding of political manoeuvrability, not his personality. That is why Biden managed to unite NATO, prevent a huge escalation in the middle east, de-escalate Taiwan, increase support for Ukraine globally, coordinate a global effort against COVID and ensure huge foreign investment in US tech.

There isn't a person alive more qualified for the job than Joe Biden, the big question is whether or not he is a good enough candidate to get reelected.

Last edited:

Unfortunately for him, the American public disagree and massively disapprove of his presidency.

I wonder whether he might be a bit more lucid without all the Botox and shit in his face. Either way it doesn't look good and it's not a sign of strength and confidence.